WIG CHALLENGE 2010

i received both of my wigs. It took about 5 days for each piece. Once they posted the tracking number on the website i followed the link and they both came according to schedule.

Ladies please save your time, energy, and money and DO NOT order from Hairsisters. I got my package after waiting close to 2 weeks. Once I opened the box every single pckg had a rip, tear, or hole in it. I'm not sure if it's poor packaging by HS or UPS being careless. Out of the 4 wigs I ordered only 2 of them were in my first color choice, mind you when I ordered nothing was on back order. My mom said they were probably returns from someone else :ohwell: . So all of the wigs are P 130 or 27. I'm going to order a solid color lace from blackhairspray when I get my check next week. On top of that they set me a condition cap that I didn't order and the lacefront tape that I did order didn't arrive and when I called the lady Aida(doesn't speak a lick on English) said it was on back order and they would get it to me in 2 weeks. Basically I'll get it in another month knowing how long their shipping is. I'm grateful that the laces I ordered came with some free pieces of tape. I'm not a very happy camper. I feel I waited all this time for nothing! I'm braiding my hair and cutting the lace and will put pics up tonight.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I've never had trouble with Hairsisters. I've been ordering from them for at least 2 years. I never put a different color for my 2nd choice. If I want a "1b", I select "1b" for both options. And I always receive my packages in a week or less.

I ordered before Christmas :( didn't get the great deals, and didn't get my hair until the day I posted which was January 5 I think. :(

hey ladies its been awhile but im back!!!! i would love to join this challenge here are some new pieces i have been rocking so far

Picture004-6.jpg

Outre Quick Weave Barbara 1b i cut about a inch or so off

Picture008-8.jpg

Foxy SIlver Wig Collection in Jaime( itsa good idead to look in the silver collections for pieces they come in ALL colors and they have awesome styles that could fit any age)

mj.jpg

Modu Anytime True Match 1/2 wig Tm-153

Hmmm... I've never had trouble with Hairsisters. I've been ordering from them for at least 2 years. I never put a different color for my 2nd choice. If I want a "1b", I select "1b" for both options. And I always receive my packages in a week or less.

I ordered when they had their Christmas sale going on so maybe that's why. There's a few threads on their cust serv

Ladies please save your time, energy, and money and DO NOT order from Hairsisters. I got my package after waiting close to 2 weeks. Once I opened the box every single pckg had a rip, tear, or hole in it. I'm not sure if it's poor packaging by HS or UPS being careless. Out of the 4 wigs I ordered only 2 of them were in my first color choice, mind you when I ordered nothing was on back order. My mom said they were probably returns from someone else :ohwell: . So all of the wigs are P 130 or 27. I'm going to order a solid color lace from blackhairspray when I get my check next week. On top of that they set me a condition cap that I didn't order and the lacefront tape that I did order didn't arrive and when I called the lady Aida(doesn't speak a lick on English) said it was on back order and they would get it to me in 2 weeks. Basically I'll get it in another month knowing how long their shipping is. I'm grateful that the laces I ordered came with some free pieces of tape. I'm not a very happy camper. I feel I waited all this time for nothing! I'm braiding my hair and cutting the lace and will put pics up tonight.

Dang I hate to hear that. My first choice was the same color as my second so they better not send me nothing else but a #2.

Dang I hate to hear that. My first choice was the same color as my second so they better not send me nothing else but a #2.

I hope it's fine. When you logged on did it say shipped or processing? I think they weren't prepared for the holiday rush/sale they had

:wave:Reporting in....I have been Wigging it since a week or two before the Holidays. I must say I am enjoying it.

Never have to worry about a "Bad Hair Day" Can Moisturize to the Max Underneath and It keeps the Head Warm in this Sub-Zero Artic Mid-Western Weather.:lachen:

Another reason I am thoroughly enjoying this, thus far, is because it is giving me the Opportunity to use up a Bunch of Creamy Moisturizers I had on hand as well as Oil(s) For Sealing.

So, it's helping me keep my Hair Protecting and I am using up stuff in My Stash, it would have taken me Eons to get to.:nono: (Which is part of my 2010 Hair Goals) To Shop My Stash.:yep:

So.....I'm Lovin' It!:cupidarrow:

I have to go to the BSS. I have to physically see what i'm buying when it comes to something as sensitive as hair. Maybe one day I'll get the nerve to do so but for right now I'll stick with going to the BSS on my way to work.

Hi All

Checking in , wearing Amy half wig daily, everyone states they like the new look. Contiue to treat my hair weekly with DC and oils. I purchased three new half wigs fromm BSS stores. Be blessed

Did anyone recive a 15% off coupon for hair sisters. They said it would be automatically applied to my account due to all the xmas sale confusion.

my wigs came today..

I washed my hair applied leave in conditioner, sealed with hairveda and massaged black castor oil into my scalp and edges.

That was a great tip upthread of checking out the Old Lady brands of wigs... Silver Fox or whatever, lol I forget what it's called. I find that those styles often look more realistic but I never even thought about them coming in non-grey colors! D'uh on my part!

I got my three new hair wigs today from hairsisters...I am glad because I have been reading all the negative reviews on here lately and had started to get nervous...I ordered them on the first of the year...pulled each one out the package put it on and ran fingers through...I am satisfied with all of them with the anticipation it will look better once I really put them on...I wont do that for another two weeks but I will be sure to document and post when I do...I got the Baligirl, JoJo and Cleopatra--Cleo feels really, really, pretty...Baligirl falls weird, I gotta play with it some more... JoJo is MONEY--a lacefront, she feels really nice, nice sheen, but imma have to give her some babyhair...

I received a coupon as well. I have a couple of questions
1. Does anyone baggy under their wigs
2. Does anyone have issues with the combs? The back comb has caused bumps in the back of my head,is there anyway to avoid this?

2. Does anyone have issues with the combs? The back comb has caused bumps in the back of my head,is there anyway to avoid this?

1. yes
2. i don't use the combs

That was a great tip upthread of checking out the Old Lady brands of wigs... Silver Fox or whatever, lol I forget what it's called. I find that those styles often look more realistic but I never even thought about them coming in non-grey colors! D'uh on my part!

I see you have a lot of progress in your siggy:yep:. Was it from wearing wigs???

1. I don't. I don't think it would work with my big ol' head.

2. I used to. I've used hair grease and/or oil to lubricate. I've also placed them between the wig cap and the top of my hair instead of in my hair. Lately I haven't used the combs and just pins the crap out of it.

Mocha Li- I cut the combs out, cause they make my scalp sore.

Just checking in...I am getting ready to do my wash and DC. This past week, I cornrowed my hair underneath my wig, and I have to say I really liked it. I left only my bangs out and flatironed them.I only did two cornrows, being lazy:nono:, and they were thick underneath my wig:blush:. I think I will do 4 this time, and see how I like. I was always afraid that my hair would not be able to get moisture with braids in it. I took down a braid and it seemed nice and moisturized.

Last edited:
Question...

What does everyone put on their braided hair? I think I will try shea butter this week.

I'm so excited! My custom unit from China arrived yesterday, a light yaki. I only had a quick peek but I think It's a winner. I'll wait till DH goes out before I go to work on it though. :lachen:

Back