WIG CHALLENGE 2010

I'm still going strong!!!! I had a little set back because I wasn't wrapping up my hair at night!!!! DH told me to put my scarf on at night but I thought I was cute because my hair was growing like crazy.:gorgeous: I favor my left side when I sleep and that is wear my hair broke off!!!!:wallbash: So I had to get it cut into a slanted bob. So I've been wearing my cute half wigs and putting my scarf on every night!!!! I've learned my lesson!!!!:yep:

I made a half wig from scratch :grin:. With a few youtube videos, an adjustable weave cap (purchased at my local bss), needle, and thread, I was able to make use the hair I purchased for the weave challenge:

(I haven't blended the hair to wear it yet but I just wanted to showcase my wig, I'm so proud of it)

-2.jpg

-3.jpg

-4-2.jpg

the video and info can be found here

Sign me up please ! I was not in the 2009 challenge but I started wearing wigs at the end of November to hide my real hair after a set back. Now I will be wigging it until June when I will decide if I will relax or continue to grow out my relaxer (last touch up 9/09).

Wow that's so pretty!

I've been considering making one for weeks. I just may bite the bullet and just do it.

I made a half wig from scratch :grin:. With a few youtube videos, an adjustable weave cap (purchased at my local bss), needle, and thread, I was able to make use the hair I purchased for the weave challenge:

(I haven't blended the hair to wear it yet but I just wanted to showcase my wig, I'm so proud of it)

-2.jpg

-3.jpg

-4-2.jpg

the video and info can be found here

Here is IVY, She is currently my favorite, the pictures does her no good, matter fact it makes my face look HUGE! but I love her!!!!!!

took these pictures ten minutes ago, I am wearing her today!!! :grin::grin:

I loves it......

Im still wearing Mischa by outre,,, i wont get a new until next week :perplexed

Hi Ladies! I'm IN it to win it for 2010! I just got my first lace front a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. I think I cut too far back in the front though so I can't do any half up dos or anything like that but overall I like it. Still deciding if this is too long for me but I LOVE long hair! I have my hair cornrowed underneath but I really need to get on taking care of it (washing and DC'ing while still in the cornrows) or this whole challenge will be pointless. I think I will get my hair braided every 2 weeks if I can make it work with poo/DC while still in the braids. If I mess them up to the point where my wig cap won't lay down, then I'll switch to every week. I've attached a pic, y'all let me know your opinions please! Also, I'm totally open for suggestions! I'm a complete full wig newbie.
*NOTE: I'm a 4a/b natural underneath. Starting pic is my profile pic. I'll take an updated one of my natural hair once I take these braids down.

Attachments

• Wig.jpg
    Wig.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 34
I just put on Outre's Ciara for the first time. I LOVE her. Cute style and has enough length but not where it's rubbing on my back getting poofy.
I received 2 pieces in this order one was a $70 wig and this one was a $20 will. (sale 39 and 16). so far I like this one better. I'll have to review both again after 2 weeks of wear.

I left about an inch of hair out to blend but next time I may try not leaving any hair out.

Im about to get an attitude, where in the heck are my wigs. See im too impatient I need to go to the BSS and see if they have my Carmen or something to hold me off.

I was waiting on this challenge! Count me in! I've been faithfully rockin the LF's since late October, and my hair is growing soo much! I'm currently wearing "Spanish Wavy" in Piano/4/430 by Femi (a full lace wig with lace in front and back, but regular cap middle). I love her! She's gorgeous, easy to tame the frizzies, and I usually wear the hair up in a clip (falls mid-back when down).

I am seriously considering buying another if this one gets too ratty looking, or just to have a brand-new one for back-up. So far, she's doing well, I tame the frizziness (they come after I wear it down from rubbing against my clothes) with a leave-in condish mix/water spritz and finger-combing ONLY. Been wearing for about 3 weeks now, have gotten many compliments. Haven't taken pics yet, but will do so ASAP!

Im about to get an attitude, where in the heck are my wigs. See im too impatient I need to go to the BSS and see if they have my Carmen or something to hold me off.

I've been in wigs since the middle of May and I'm not stopping NO time soon. I love the versatility that I have with them. I have about 25 synthetic lace fronts I need to go through them and get rid of some but for the most part I've been able to keep them from getting too matted.

ms_b_haven your wigs ARE coming :lachen: but if I were you I would call and harass them. I always do after the 3 days that is takes an order to process are up and I have no shipping info. I ordered 4 wigs (Outre-Gina, Freetress- Keyshia and Sensationnel-Nicole) Christmas day and JUST received them yesterday. I'm now waiting on another 3 (another Keyshia, Gina and Bali Girl) that were supposedly shipped out last night. I will call them today and get all my info.

For anyone who has gotten the mariah from Freetress how did she work for you? I loved the hair and the realistic look of length but the sides and everything else was just down right annoying.

Bali girl what's the deal I heard good reviews on HS but going through some the pages here it seems like I made a mistake :ohwell:

Last question is there another site other than HS that have good/decent prices?

hey yall, i was supposed to wait itl next week for wig shopping, but i just couldnt resist... i got this yesterday Its "bail girl" by freetress... i like it but the layers drive me crazy, they have to be positioned a certain way or the whole wig just looks off.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 63
Just posting my starting pic

I intend to be wigging through 2010 for my main PS
DC once a week
Baby my ends
Dust my ends regularly
No direct heat

I logged in Hairsisters and my wigs should be delivered by tomorrow. 4 days earlier than expected! I'm still mad it took close to 2 wks plus they didn't even send me an email notifying me that it had been sent. You should be getting yours soon. Didn't you order before me?

I like to joined I been wearing my half wigs since 10/17/09, please include me in this challenge. weekly wash and DC , Henna bi weekly, Relax every 8 weeks.

Last edited:
I logged in Hairsisters and my wigs should be delivered by tomorrow. 4 days earlier than expected! I'm still mad it took close to 2 wks plus they didn't even send me an email notifying me that it had been sent. You should be getting yours soon. Didn't you order before me?

I think I did let me go check HS.

Back