WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Someone PLEASE stop me.....I bought 4 wigs yesterday. What is wrong with me?

Rockey Trading shipping takes about 5-6 days.

My new wig loves are the monotop wigs. I find these much better than the synthetic lace fronts, the "lace" on those things itches me so bad. The monos that I have. I just have to leave a sliver of hair out to blend. No need to wear a headband at all. Due to the design of the monotops the hair looks like it is growing out the scalp. They are really versatile and you can part too.

I think I'm really slow, because I still don't really get what the difference is between monotop and lace wigs. :perplexed Is it just the material?

Thanks ladies....I have been packaging mine as well. My closet is completely with shoes and clothes. So I guess I can get a foam head for the current one or two I am wearing and when not in rotation put them back.

@Lady S - I checked out the site. I guess I have to call to get prices and what not. I love the styles they have just couldn't figure out how to order.

I think I'm really slow, because I still don't really get what the difference is between monotop and lace wigs. :perplexed Is it just the material?

Girl you are not slow:lachen:
The montops wig from google:

Just what is a monofilament wig?.
Monofilament refers to the type of material that hair strands are sewn onto. Unlike a cloth material, which can be itchy to those with sensitive scalps, monofilament material is a thin gauze-like, nearly transparent material which is much more comfortable to the touch. Hair strands are attached by hand-knotting them to this material, one strand at a time, hence the term "mono-filament".

Also the "mono" part on the wig is black, and not the beige/tan color of the lace on the synthetic lace wigs- it makes them easy to blend in. There is not the "hump" that you can get with half wigs- the mono part makes it stay flat to your head. Also the mono's are not made to wear on your hairline, but a little behind your hairline, the material is not itchy and hard like the lace on the SLF's. Actually you can wear it on your hairline if you are wearing it with a bang. They are super versatile IMO.

Check out this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=04MRST0TX1RV5GBBGSQY

There are thumbnails that you can click on that will explain a lil more

Buyer Beware:look:- Motown Tress is one of the leading manufacturers of mono wigs for us, and they are pure CRAP. They look good for like 2-3 wears and that's it.

@Lady S - I checked out the site. I guess I have to call to get prices and what not. I love the styles they have just couldn't figure out how to order.

I just found a site called acewigs.com. They sell the renee of Paris wigs..sooo excited. they are dumb expensive but I am totally getting one.

Mono Wigs:

71sXej5qZKL._SS360_.gif

I've been still wigging in between wet bunning. Since it has gotten warm I've been doing more cowashing so I can't throw the wig on like I did in the winter when I didn't wash as much. Wet hair and a wig is a :nono:. I also had to put myself on punishment. I was buying way to many wigs. So no new wigs for a while...I think. :rolleyes: :lachen:

I've been still wigging in between wet bunning. Since it has gotten warm I've been doing more cowashing so I can't throw the wig on like I did in the winter when I didn't wash as much. Wet hair and a wig is a :nono:. I also had to put myself on punishment. I was buying way to many wigs. So no new wigs for a while...I think. :rolleyes: :lachen:

So COwashing will keep you in line since you won't have a need to buy so many...I need something to keep me in line.:rolleyes:

I get a new wig on Friday!!! Yesssss! Okay just had to say that

Is it a Rene of Paris one or another brand? You got me on pins and needles wondering what the wig's going to look like and it even my wig! :lachen:

I received the Keri wig by Freetress in the mail today. On the plus side, it fits my huge head. However, I bought it and now I don't really know what to do with it. It was an impulse buy and I'm just trying to figure out how to style the darn thing.

Is it a Rene of Paris one or another brand? You got me on pins and needles wondering what the wig's going to look like and it even my wig! :lachen:

I received the Keri wig by Freetress in the mail today. On the plus side, it fits my huge head. However, I bought it and now I don't really know what to do with it. It was an impulse buy and I'm just trying to figure out how to style the darn thing.

No ma'am unfortunately I am lil too poor to get one until May...so until then I will be wearing one from the BSS. around the way. But uhm I am posting pics cause I am just excited to change it up!!!!!!

Are you gonna post any pics of your new one.....

Okay so my 1 wig for the whole year didnt work out because I want something different but its still in excellent condition. I found a indian wave wig that I really like also that I should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to taking pictures to post....

I bought my new wig. its short and so cute but I won't be wearing for at least two weeks. I just got some braids that I will be rocking alone for a while.

No ma'am unfortunately I am lil too poor to get one until May...so until then I will be wearing one from the BSS. around the way. But uhm I am posting pics cause I am just excited to change it up!!!!!!

Are you gonna post any pics of your new one.....

I'll be so happy if I figure out how to wear the :censored: thing, I will have pics all up on this thread. :laugh:

I fell off of this challenge hard because I couldn't find a wig that I liked and that looked good on me. I went wig shopping this weekend with my sis and found a half wig that fits me to a T and blends so well with my natural hair so I'm back on. I'll post pics once my sis sends them to me.

Edited to say: here's the photo.

Attachments

• Family 051.jpg
    Family 051.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I fell off of this challenge hard because I couldn't find a wig that I liked and that looked good on me. I went wig shopping this weekend with my sis and found a half wig that fits me to a T and blends so well with my natural hair so I'm back on. I'll post pics once my sis sends them to me.

That looks GREAT on you! Do you remember the model?

Girl, that wig looks like your REAL hair! :yep::yep::yep: Great choice!

You have beautiful hair! I love the curls!!

Awesome look. Very good choice...

Checking in with pics:

Snapshot_20100420_9-vi.jpg

This is my current half wig. It has a lace top, but it doesnt need to be glued or anything, I just pin it as usual. I like it cause I can have a bit of a bang.

Here is my 4 month "growth" (:() update... lol sigh

January 2010
picture.php

Now (April 2010)
Snapshot_20100420_1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back