WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Clair Hair is having 20% off for the next 5 days . The coupon code is 1234.

I got an email a little while ago and put these in my cart.
:grin:

anyone try them or have any pics?

OUTRE SYNTHETIC HALF WIG QUICK WEAVE MONICA

FREETRESS SYNTHETIC FULL CAP SAMARA GIRL

FREETRESS EQUAL SYNTHETIC LACE FRONT WIG ANGELINA

hey chickies! I took off my wig friday and took break. I am back in 8 cornrows with my wig back on! I want a long wig but I cant really afford new one yet so that gives me time to look around and make a decision

Glad to hear everyone is still wiggin it!

Here are some warm weather tips for those worried about wearing a wig in the HEAT:

Tip 1 - more parts (via cornrows, twist, or plait) at your scalp....the cooler you will feel.

Remember one of reasons you wear a hat in the winter is because lot of body heat escapes or released thru the head.

So the more your head can 'breathe' in warm weather the COOLER you will be.

Tip 2 - You CAN style a regular (not lace) wig in upswept styles - so buy some pretty accessories such as clip & combs!

So start to play with wearing the hair up OR sweep to one side OR the sides pinned back!

Tip 3 - don't be afraid to THIN out a wig for extra comfort! You can easily cut out a few hidden layers with no affect the length or style of the wig.

This will just help to reduce BULK - which looks more natural and is cooler, imo.

Tip 4 - Spring and Summer is the prefect time to try a shorter WIG!

Good luck and stay beautiful!
Curli

Last edited:
I henna'ed and did a DC over night. Yesterday I after I rinsed the DC I had a HUGE amount of healthy new growth! It looked so healthy that I chopped 2 inches of heat damage off.

Then I measured (11 inches) and back in flat twists. I've been wearing flat twists with half wigs and a head band lately.

I picked up 3 wigs from claire hair last night for $50 so I think/hope that should cover me for a while (or the next great sale) lol

Well I'm hennaing my hair as I type and probably will be wearing a my hair in a bun when it's all done. I may take a short break from my full head wigs for a few days.

Is it just me or the hotter it gets the harder it is to wear the wigs. I wonder is that why this thread had slowed down so much. My growth has been tremendous due to me keeping it simple and wearing wigs. It is just so hot in Alabama though, so hot when I get in the car I just take off my wig. I am thinking about doing 2 weeks on and 1 week off, getting my hair cornrowed every 3 weeks and when it is fresh just only wear the cornrows as my style.

What I'm finding is if I do two strand twists and then cornrow them, than when I whip the piece off in the car or hallway, I'm okay. I've also learned to do a horizontal cornrow at the edges and nape. Then I can take it down, snap in a roller and I have a cute updo. I got tired of my husband flinching every time I snatched it - whatever 'it' of the day - off my head. He really would be happy either way. He's just not one for surprises and day to day changes.:lachen:

Next time I snatch it off, I'll take a pic for ya.

I took down my cornrows last night (not two strand twists) and fluffed my hair out. I had been apply MT every night and spritzing with the Creme Rinse/water/oil mix morning and night before putting on wig or putting on bonnet.

My braid-out is banging. All my students are loving it. One teacher said that I should keep it like that all of the time. They don't understand PS at all. That's okay. I think I'll rock the braid out for a few days. Who knows what personality will possess me tomorrow. I might have gray contacts and a blonde Beyonce wig before the week is though
That would be great girl to see those picture. I know it was banging. I haven't played in my hair in about 3 months now and I'm dont want to mess with my progress until I get at least to APL. I thought about doing braidouts when I was finished but I have been doing back to back cornrows and my hair loves it but it is killing me not to do anything to my own hair.

One last thing, I told someone what my regimen is and that I wear wigs. She didn't know before I told her but she told me wearing wigs suffocates your hair and it won't breathe. i take my hair off everytime I come home. Is that enough. She went on to say that wearing wigs makes your hair turn yellow.

One last thing, I told someone what my regimen is and that I wear wigs. She didn't know before I told her but she told me wearing wigs suffocates your hair and it won't breathe. i take my hair off everytime I come home. Is that enough. She went on to say that wearing wigs makes your hair turn yellow.

I've been wearing whole head wigs for over a year, no yellow hair yet :-)
@ bolded is what i do

How can black color hair turn yellow? :perplexed This sounds like pure CRAP!

I'm still rocking the half wigs. Lately, I've been too lazy to even lay my edges down. I just pull the half wig up close, pin and throw on a stretchy headband.
I had a lady follow me around Walmart until she got the nerve to ask me where I bought my hair because she hadn't seen the ones with the band before. I told her that the band wasn't connected so that she can know to pick up some .99 black headbands at the bss when she picks up a half wig. I was flattered. It was a two day old Outre Sabina in 1b/33 or 30, I can't remember. Spur of the moment purchase while lookiing for a replacement Outre Tammy.

Me and Tammy

Me and Sabina

I'm going to branch out of the Outre line. They ride up in the back even with the comb and bobby pins. I don't have a big head but I sure don't have a little one.

What on earth! I have never heard such a thing in my life. That means that those who wear weaves should be having the same problem then too right? This is not true. She must have been doing something else wrong with her hair to cause these problems.

I've been wearing whole head wigs for over a year, no yellow hair yet :-)
@ bolded is what i do

ITA. I wore a wig for 2 years straight and my hair was still quite black and I always took my wig off as soon as I got in the house. I never wore it at home. As far as breathing, what kind of wig was she wearing anyway.

The wigs I wore all had laced cloth underneath to allow air to enter and move through. Did she have plastic under hers and wore it everyday this way:look:?

Ape- Tammy looks GREAT on you. I am having a wig dillema. I am tired of wearing my halfwigs with headbands, I haven't been blending because I am not using heat right now. It's been too hot for LF's or whole wigs.......

Is it just me or the hotter it gets the harder it is to wear the wigs. I wonder is that why this thread had slowed down so much. My growth has been tremendous due to me keeping it simple and wearing wigs. It is just so hot in Alabama though, so hot when I get in the car I just take off my wig. I am thinking about doing 2 weeks on and 1 week off, getting my hair cornrowed every 3 weeks and when it is fresh just only wear the cornrows as my style.

When summer is approaching, I always look to wear my pixie short wigs. I know that long wigs can cause me to sweat a lot, especially living in a hot, sunny place like the Bahamas:yep:. The shorter wigs seem to be the length of choice for me during this time of the year.

Oh please to the claim that wigs suffocate your hair and turn it yellow. My hair looks like it's doing pretty durn good to me :gorgeous: :D

I am loving my wig... though as the weather warms I probably will start back with half wigs and a cute headband to match my outfit. I am feeling too cute lately :gorgeous: and my wig is just the icing on the cake. I think it really flatters my face. It's New York Girl, I have it black.

ftny.html

Hey! I put the link to the pic, why isn't it showing up??? :huh:

Here it is, my precious lol. I :love: this wig. It looks way better on me than in the picture, of course! People really think it's my hair.

ETA: hey, where is there to get good wigs/half wigs anymore? Since hairsisters is a no-go, and GMBS is acting a fool, clairhair is out (front for hairsisters) and ebonyline charges too farking much! I need Sabina in my life :lovedrool: and I never got the famous Tammy!

Attachments

• NewYorkGirl.gif
    NewYorkGirl.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My hair has done nothing but thrive under my wigs. I also wear to work and take off and moisturize my hair as soon as I get home. It has helped to grow my hair to shoulder length.

Here it is, my precious lol. I :love: this wig. It looks way better on me than in the picture, of course! People really think it's my hair.

ETA: hey, where is there to get good wigs/half wigs anymore? Since hairsisters is a no-go, and GMBS is acting a fool, clairhair is out (front for hairsisters) and ebonyline charges too farking much! I need Sabina in my life :lovedrool: and I never got the famous Tammy!

That wig is cute LadyP. I may just look for that one.

When summer is approaching, I always look to wear my pixie short wigs. I know that long wigs can cause me to sweat a lot, especially living in a hot, sunny place like the Bahamas:yep:. The shorter wigs seem to be the length of choice for me during this time of the year.

Bahamas? Must be nice. I may decide to cut on my wig a little bit. Who knows........

Although I wasn't posting, I was unofficially doing this challenge. lol

This is the wig I wore until my dog ate it.

DSC_0373.jpg

It's the Anita lace front, synthetic by Sensationnel.

DSC_0408.jpg

I removed the combs and straps, and replaced them with hair pins. I also had to cut the cap to make it stretch over my head.

DSC_0400.jpg

I wear the wig like a half wig, so I dyed the lace black.

DSC_0009.jpg

This is the wig after my dog attacked it. LOL I plan to get a lace front human hair wig, but since the weather abruptly changed to being hot, I'm not sure if I'll still need it.

Although I wasn't posting, I was unofficially doing this challenge. lol

This is the wig I wore until my dog ate it.

DSC_0373.jpg

It's the Anita lace front, synthetic by Sensationnel.

DSC_0408.jpg

I removed the combs and straps, and replaced them with hair pins. I also had to cut the cap to make it stretch over my head.

DSC_0400.jpg

I wear the wig like a half wig, so I dyed the lace black.

DSC_0009.jpg

This is the wig after my dog attacked it. LOL I plan to get a lace front human hair wig, but since the weather abruptly changed to being hot, I'm not sure if I'll still need it.

Can you explain how/where you cut it to make it fit?

I think this is the one I purchased a few months back. It didn't fit on my head so I sent it back. It was nice though.

Back