WIG CHALLENGE 2010

ok, I need to know something.

How long do you wear your synthetic wigs?

My initial thought was to keep them in play for a month (or a months worth of wear when rotating). Well I think that's just too long. I don't THINK I abuse them or sleep on them. I don't comb and I apply wig conditioner as needed.

I just realized today that when I broke out a new wig today I was much happier wearing the wig. The last two weeks I've been hesitant about wearing them. I think the answer is to shorten the life span to 2 or 3 weeks.

NOW I know it depends on the wig and what it looks like but I guess I get attached to them, especially if it looked really good when I first got it. I must have about 7 or 8 wigs that I've worn for a month and haven't been able to actually throw them out. That includes 'Jewlery'. I loved this wig but It got caught in the rain the first week I got it. :(

So tell me how long your synthetics usually last. Maybe I just need some motivation to part with them and bring out all the new ones.

^^I would love to know the same thing and how do you all revive your wigs..i'm thinking about washing mine this wknd. I detangle and condition w/ wig spray everyday.

Wow, I never use wig spray or conditioner. I guess that is why I have to switch them every 3 to 4 weeks. Where are you guys getting the spray and conditioner from b/c I'm being a lace front this week and I want it to last awhile.

it's been a long time since I've checked in. I'm still wigging it daily. I just bought Sensationel Anita, Juniper lace wigs. I also bought Tammy,Sabina, & Yasmine half wigs by Outre. I'll upload pics sometime this weekend

bella- I LOVE yasmine. I've been rocking her everyday. I've gotten so many compliments about her. I'm def. going to buy another one!

it's been a long time since I've checked in. I'm still wigging it daily. I just bought Sensationel Anita, Juniper lace wigs. I also bought Tammy,Sabina, & Yasmine half wigs by Outre. I'll upload pics sometime this weekend

Did you order yours online? If so, where? I saw a picture of the Tammy it's really cute.

So, I went to the local BB at lunch and purchased my first LF wig. I REALLY luv it too. It resembles a straight flatiron hair style. I will be wearing it this weekend and post a pic.

I saw the wig spray and conditioner...what is the purpose? I would think one should put oil sheen on their real hair to make it blend in instead of making the wig more shinier.

Here is the current wig that I'm wearing right now:

Attachments

• MrsHouston1.jpg
    MrsHouston1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
bella- I LOVE yasmine. I've been rocking her everyday. I've gotten so many compliments about her. I'm def. going to buy another one!

I love them all already! Outre has great products. Do you do Bantu knots in the front to blend or do you wear a headband? I wore Tammy yesterday and I did 6 plaits and 2 strand twisted them and it blended perfectly. I'm going to get 2 more. Another Tammy and Yasmine :yep:

Did you order yours online? If so, where? I saw a picture of the Tammy it's really cute.

Hey MrsHouston! I get almost all my wigs from blackhairspray. They have excellent customer service and my pckg got here in 3 days

How long do you wear your synthetic wigs? Easily 3-4 months, but I tend to switch it up for a different look.

My initial thought was to keep them in play for a month (or a months worth of wear when rotating). Well I think that's just too long. I don't THINK I abuse them or sleep on them. I don't comb and I apply wig conditioner as needed. To extend the "life" of a wig, store it on a wig head when not worn so it retains it shape, wash it as needed to remove product build-up, comb/brush gently from ends to roots, and the best tip....is the FABRIC SOFTENER SOAK.

Remeber to let your wig completly DRY before trying to comb, brush or style in anyway.

This one step -
FABRIC SOFTENER SOAK - will bring most wigs back to life!

I just realized today that when I broke out a new wig today I was much happier wearing the wig. The last two weeks I've been hesitant about wearing them. I think the answer is to shorten the life span to 2 or 3 weeks. If you find a style that you love, go back a buy another right way - and rotate the two wigs - the wigs will wear evenly and your hair will never look old in two weeks.

NOW I know it depends on the wig and what it looks like but I guess I get attached to them, especially if it looked really good when I first got it. I must have about 7 or 8 wigs that I've worn for a month and haven't been able to actually throw them out. What exactly is "wrong" with each of these wigs? Are they tangled? Have the curls dropped? Is the hair stiff? Talk to me! That includes 'Jewlery'. I loved this wig but It got caught in the rain the first week I got it. :(

So tell me how long your synthetics usually last. IMO, Syntheitic wigs could/should actually last longer than a humman hair wig. Maybe I just need some motivation to part with them and bring out all the new ones.

For those that like to remove the combs before wearing wigs- my seam ripper is my best friend. It makes it so easy to remove the combs.

Here is my lacefront wig. I didn't like it long, so I cut it, put baby powder on it, then washed it. The first pic is before, the second pic is after with a thin line of my hairline out. I'm already picking out my summer/vacation wig:grin:

Attachments

• ELacefront.JPG
    ELacefront.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 45
  • ELacefront after cut.JPG
    ELacefront after cut.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 52
I took a two day break over the weekend.....but I just corn rolled the hair and I am ready to back under my wig in the morning

Made the mistake of going wigless and now I keep getting people going "Oh, I like your hair so much better" Yeah, well, the reason my hair looks better is because of the :censored: wigs! I'm looking at half wigs that look like straw curls or twist outs. Any suggestions?

Made the mistake of going wigless and now I keep getting people going "Oh, I like your hair so much better" Yeah, well, the reason my hair looks better is because of the :censored: wigs! I'm looking at half wigs that look like straw curls or twist outs. Any suggestions?

Sensationnel HZ 7009 is a good choice.

Or Outre Quick Weave Polly
clear1x1.gif

Just checking in..

I've been doing the short wigs lately, freetress kate, and halle. after im done with these, I may, hmmmmm. have no idea, lol May go back to my fave elana for a while but that hair is so big and im not sure how I will feel with the heat once it starts getting hot out.

Am I the only one who can't wait to wear their own hair.. (at least sometimes) I feel like this crusade is never ending, lol. DH looks at me so crazy when he sees my hair and he's like I just dont understand why you wont wear your own hair. btw my hair is the longest its ever been, but I try to tell him over and over again, the reason I am where I am is because of the wigs!!

I bought a synthetic lace front today. I am nervous about wearing it! It's kinda big/thick. I have never worn a lace front before. I bought a straight one about a year or so ago but never got the nerve to wear it out of the house! :ohwell: We will see what happens with this wig. I'd hate for it to be a waste of money.

I am back in the game. I wanted to wear my hair out for awhile but now i am tired of it. So i purchase my first lacefront wig today called Jackie. The hair is so pretty. I will try to take a picture tomorrow.

Have any of you ladies purchased from clairhair? If so what has been experience with customer service and shipping?

I no longer order from Hair Sisters or Clair Hair. I order from blackhairspray.com and I have never had any problems. As well, they are super fast with shipping and their customer service department responds fast.

Thanks!!! I will be placing my order this evening!!!!

Back