WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Here is a close up showing where I cut it. I cut into the mesh part without cutting any tracks. I did this on both sides and its close to the back of the cap.

DSC_0410.jpg

I like the wig to feel like its not even on my head, otherwise I get a headache.

mskibibi you better revamp that dog attacked wig! lol! make it work girl!

LOL I tried but it was a lost cause. I still it and I'm thinking of cutting off the lace part to use as a clip on bang. But the lace is short (1 1/2") so it might not work.

Ms Kibbi- How did you dye the lace black? that is a great idea.

I used Rit Dye. You only need a small amount of the dye. Wear gloves and be ready with bleach to remove the stain from your tub. For a second, I thought I ruined the tub lol.

still wiggin it. Can't wait to get a new one. Think that will be next friday. DC'n tomorrow, braiding back up and going back in

QUESTION:

If you get caught in the rain is your wig headed down hill?

I just got Jewlry less than 2 weeks ago. I really like it but it rained the other day and I was not prepared (nothing to cover my head). It wasn't drenched or anything, just drizzle from my car to the building.

Is there anything you can do? I hate getting attached to a new wig only to have it loose it's flavor and start puffing.:nono:

I am so happy I found this thread (smiling from ear to ear) :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I have been in this challenge without even knowing it existed:wallbash:

I have been wearing wigs since November 2009 and so far have collected 32 wigs :) Im still wearing them as a protective style up until this day (april 2010) and plan on wearing them until the summer:yep:

I do wig reviews and tutorials on youtube! I buy most of my wigs from hairsisters.com and clairhair.com

Check out my wig reviews on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/shayshayallday69
One of my favorite most popular wig reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh8Wo_1SNGo

Oooh what did you order? I ordered a champagne lace wig- and it was out of stock....boo! Watch in no time you will be rocking those wigs:yep:.

Apemay- you do have to order $100, but b/c one of the wigs was out of stock, they still processed the order, and I am so not complaining.:yep:

The Rockey Trading website had made me realize how much the BSS's and other wig websites overcharge people.

A lace front there is $23, but at my local BSS $80. I mean I am all for people making a profit, but dang.

How much is shipping on this website?
Hairsisters.com will never get anymore of my money. thanks ladies for letting me know about this site. any other good sites. I collect wigs already have 32:grin:

Oh please to the claim that wigs suffocate your hair and turn it yellow. My hair looks like it's doing pretty durn good to me :gorgeous: :D

I am loving my wig... though as the weather warms I probably will start back with half wigs and a cute headband to match my outfit. I am feeling too cute lately :gorgeous: and my wig is just the icing on the cake. I think it really flatters my face. It's New York Girl, I have it black.

ftny.html

Hey! I put the link to the pic, why isn't it showing up??? :huh:

My pic of Sabina didn't show up either. :nono:

The wig i am wearing in the below picture is called "fashion model" and its by Model Model. You can purchase it from hairsisters.com
*picture removed for space*

That wig is HOT! Did you have to cut the bangs. I have a model model wig called "queen." Love it. Almost didn't buy it because I had bought "Aurora" and it was a hot, matted mess.

How much is shipping on this website?
Hairsisters.com will never get anymore of my money. thanks ladies for letting me know about this site. any other good sites. I collect wigs already have 32:grin:

The shpping is by how much your pkg weighs.....Mine was like $8.

I am a little sad I can't shop from Rock Trading....and most of the sites ya"ll use in general.... Basically most of the wigs don't come in my hair color. Even they are lighter they have pretty dark hair mixed in like number four. I am pretty pale with freckles and generally a 30ish is about all I can do. So I have been lurking the sights for for types 1 and 2 (caucasian) hair and ALL their wigs come in just about every color. I was so happy, they are a little more expensive but there is so much more variety for me.

Where do ladies store your wigs when not in use. Do you put them back in the original packaging or on a foam head or something???

Checking in. I'm still wearing my half wig daily, well, with the exception of the last two days when I felt like wearing my hair 'out'. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna get me a lace wig I'm getting tired of the head bands and I want something I can put up in a bun.

I keep some on foam heads (usually full wigs) and some in the packages (half wigs & ponytails). The foam heads are $2- $3 locally in NYC.

IMG_0015-vi.jpg

I store the foam heads/wigs in the top of my closet.

IMG_0011-vi.jpg

Where do ladies store your wigs when not in use. Do you put them back in the original packaging or on a foam head or something???

I am a little sad I can't shop from Rock Trading....and most of the sites ya"ll use in general.... Basically most of the wigs don't come in my hair color. Even they are lighter they have pretty dark hair mixed in like number four. I am pretty pale with freckles and generally a 30ish is about all I can do. So I have been lurking the sights for for types 1 and 2 (caucasian) hair and ALL their wigs come in just about every color. I was so happy, they are a little more expensive but there is so much more variety for me.

Check out the Rene of Paris line of wigs. I think they're very pretty. Not cheap, though. It's interesting the styles that they will have that won't be in the wigs marketed to black women and vice versa. http://www.reneofparis.com/

@ Curlidiva - I noticed you have been organizing wig challenges since at least 2007 as far as I can tell....what length were you when you started your wig challenges and what length are you now?

Actually anyone who have wigging for more than a year wheat were your starting and what are you current lengths.

I keep some on foam heads (usually full wigs) and some in the packages (half wigs & ponytails). The foam heads are $2- $3 locally in NYC.

IMG_0015-vi.jpg

I store the foam heads/wigs in the top of my closet.

IMG_0011-vi.jpg
:grin::grin:Thats exactly how my room look. i keep my wigs on wig heads hanging all around my room. Im actually running out of places to put them :grin:

I promised myself i wouldnt order any more wigs until summer. I broke my promise when i found out about rockey trading!!! i just places an order for 108.00 :) so excited and cant wait for them to arrive. How long does shipping generally take?

Someone PLEASE stop me.....I bought 4 wigs yesterday. What is wrong with me?

Rockey Trading shipping takes about 5-6 days.

My new wig loves are the monotop wigs. I find these much better than the synthetic lace fronts, the "lace" on those things itches me so bad. The monos that I have. I just have to leave a sliver of hair out to blend. No need to wear a headband at all. Due to the design of the monotops the hair looks like it is growing out the scalp. They are really versatile and you can part too.

My new wig loves are the monotop wigs. I find these much better than the synthetic lace fronts, the "lace" on those things itches me so bad. The monos that I have. I just have to leave a sliver of hair out to blend. No need to wear a headband at all. Due to the design of the monotops the hair looks like it is growing out the scalp. They are really versatile and you can part too.

Girl treat yourself!!! hahahaha...I'm glad you finally ordered from Rockey Trading. I never got around to it although I did just order a new lacefront on Friday and I just got it today. I'm ready to give half wigs a break. I am gonna have to check into those monotops.

I am taking a wig break and bunning for a couple of weeks or so wearing my synthetic afro puff over my ends.

I love me some monotop wigs myself SS. I can't bring myself to wear the lace fronts at all. They are creepy-looking to me:look:. No offence to the ladies who wear them, I just don't like them at all:nono:.

Currently, I don't have the extra room in my closet (due to shoes, boxes, clothes) or in my daughter's closet to store my wigs on foam wig heads. So, since I mainly order online, I only keep the one I'm actively wearing out...the rest since they come in their new packaging in boxes--I re-package them with their paper/plastic and store them in boxes beneath my bed.

Thas the best I can do, cuz this wig collecting is getting outta hand! :blush: Soon, my stash will be looking like the one posted above/below, just in boxes! I do the same with my drawstring ponies--re-package in their plastic cases for storage when I'm not wearing 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OT: Updating...still on the challenge. Considering wearing my own hair over the summer with a drawsting pony to protect the ends and retain max length. Not sure how long I'll do it (likely May to late Sept, where I will resume wigs until I reach my 1st goal of FULL WL unstretched); but I like the fact that all my hair is protected with a wig...I just can't suffer with them in the heat & humidity here in NC.

Gonna touch up my hair color (after months of NG, I'm looking kinda crazy wit 4-6" brown roots & black length) before a va-cay the last week of this month, and either bring out one of my DS ponies I have or get a new one to rock. My edges don't suffer from wearing ponies since I don't wear 'em tight or pull too hard while styling. This wig chall. has been extremely beneficial for my hair AND my schedule! :drunk: I just hope the DS I have will look ok with 9 months of NG/waves, or that I can find a suitable one to match at the BSS!!

Girl treat yourself!!! hahahaha...I'm glad you finally ordered from Rockey Trading. I never got around to it although I did just order a new lacefront on Friday and I just got it today. I'm ready to give half wigs a break. I am gonna have to check into those monotops.
What LF did you order? Post some pitcha pretty please :grin:.

I love me some monotop wigs myself SS. I can't bring myself to wear the lace fronts at all. They are creepy-looking to me:look:. No offence to the ladies who wear them, I just don't like them at all:nono:.

Aggie IA the LF's can be creepy when people put the lace down near their eyebrows, it just doesn't look right:blush:. When it's done right they can look GREAT- when it's done bad, it's really bad.

Enjoy your wig break- the pony puff sounds like a GREAT idea.

Currently, I don't have the extra room in my closet (due to shoes, boxes, clothes) or in my daughter's closet to store my wigs on foam wig heads. So, since I mainly order online, I only keep the one I'm actively wearing out...the rest since they come in their new packaging in boxes--I re-package them with their paper/plastic and store them in boxes beneath my bed.

Thas the best I can do, cuz this wig collecting is getting outta hand! :blush: Soon, my stash will be looking like the one posted above/below, just in boxes! I do the same with my drawstring ponies--re-package in their plastic cases for storage when I'm not wearing 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OT: Updating...still on the challenge. Considering wearing my own hair over the summer with a drawsting pony to protect the ends and retain max length. Not sure how long I'll do it (likely May to late Sept, where I will resume wigs until I reach my 1st goal of FULL WL unstretched); but I like the fact that all my hair is protected with a wig...I just can't suffer with them in the heat & humidity here in NC.

Gonna touch up my hair color (after months of NG, I'm looking kinda crazy wit 4-6" brown roots & black length) before a va-cay the last week of this month, and either bring out one of my DS ponies I have or get a new one to rock. My edges don't suffer from wearing ponies since I don't wear 'em tight or pull too hard while styling. This wig chall. has been extremely beneficial for my hair AND my schedule! :drunk: I just hope the DS I have will look ok with 9 months of NG/waves, or that I can find a suitable one to match at the BSS!!

If you find a good phony pony, let me know. Most of the phonies I come across are so silky looking, and would not match with my texlaxed hair.

Back