WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Ok, making my contribution. I wear weaves but this half-wig is my in between style for a week. I saw it on here in this thread I just can't find the exact name. It's by Freetress. It's "something" girl. I like it. It's very huge in person!

Attachments

Still half-wigging almost everyday. I can't do it when I work anymore because it is getting to hot here in the ATL and I have to do too much running around.

I would also like to say that wearing wigs since December has definitely gotten me to SL. :yay:

Now I'm focusing on full SL now!!!

Do any of you ladies just flat iron the front to blend with your straight wigs? I have a wedding to go to and I really don't want to put heat on my whole head. I just want to flat iron the front to blend with my half-wig for the night and then wash it the next day. Any suggestions???

Checking in....I switched up my regimen from washing every 5-7 days, to now cowashing after every workout. Uhm can I say that my wigs have been a blessing to me:grin:.

My latest lovelies:

Red Carpet Sweet City- It is a monofilament and I just leave out a sliver of hair to blend.
wc3.jpg

Today I did an updo w/Sensationnel HZ-7052, this style would wear well when it gets hot. My hair was completely protected and hidden away in a plait. The "bang" is actually a section of the wig that I just pulled forward to make a bang.
wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm planning on buying this wig :look:

yhst-76045738081495_2103_14434149

It's from Ruth's Beauty Shop ($341.52 total)
It's expensive, but I had a little breakage in one spot from my 3 month weave and I want to give my hair a little breakie :yep:

Here's my reasoning (there are more pro's than with a sew-in):

• My ends are protected. I don’t want to wear my hair cornrowed straight back. I will have my stylist braid my hair in a circular pattern.
  • This will also be good because I won’t be constantly pulling the hair at the back to see how long it has gotten. TOO OBSESSIVE!
  • I will be able to apply my MN mixture (MN+Afroveda Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir+Ovation Cell Therapy) to my scalp to encourage faster growth.
  • I will be able to still take pictures monthly to show growth, and update LHCFers in the “1 inch per month challenge”
  • I can still keep hair cornrowed for 3 months, and be able to properly moisturize my hair.
  • After exercising, I will be able to rinse my hair.
  • I will still be able to deep condition under a steamer.
  • I won’t have to sleep on the wig, like I would a weave. It won’t become matted because I will be able to remove it every night.
  • I will be able to still use my products up by cowashing gently in the summer, so as not to disturb the braids too much.
  • It will give the section of my hair that was broken off a chance to recover from breakage
  • I’ll be able to get at the roots of my hair, unlike when I had my 3 month weave when the roots were hard to detangle during the takedown
  • In some way I’ll still be wearing a net in the form of a wig cap; however, I’ll be able to remove it as I please.
  • I’ll be able to do Ayurvedic rinses! (preferably after sweaty workouts)

Still doing my wig thang! See one of them below in sig pic, another couple in my Fotki. I'm wanting to try some "quick weaves" from the BSS, which are like full wigs, but just a lot lighter and allow more air to get to the scalp. They have some SUPER cute kinky versions, perfect for summer. I can even blend the front of my hair without straightening, or just wear with a head band to camoflauge the edges. I will post pics if I get a chance to pick one up this week!

I was thinking about wearing my own kinky hair exposed (i.e. no LF on like I've been wearing consistently since late October), but I don't wanna have to worry about looking crazy in this heat & humidity while out-of-town. Gel and some mango butter go a long way to get the waves poppin! If I can do a CW this week and get it to lay down like I want it to in a nice bun or twist, then I will rock my own hair for the 1st time in like 6 mos! If not, I will be underneath the LF or quick weave for a while longer, suffering in this heat! lol Ain't no point in straightening my hair and wearing it all down and nice, b/c as soon as I step outside or if someone even sneezed nearby, it would revert. Not feeling that look while out and about!

Last edited:
Will be looking for a light-weight summa' wig over the weekend in a nice short cut.:look:

Hopefully it will take me into the Fall and be lightweight enough to get me through the Summer.:yep:

Do any of you ladies just flat iron the front to blend with your straight wigs? I have a wedding to go to and I really don't want to put heat on my whole head. I just want to flat iron the front to blend with my half-wig for the night and then wash it the next day. Any suggestions???

I don't wear half-wigs, but your plan sounds fine to me.

Checking in with pics:

Snapshot_20100420_9-vi.jpg

This is my current half wig. It has a lace top, but it doesnt need to be glued or anything, I just pin it as usual. I like it cause I can have a bit of a bang.

Here is my 4 month "growth" (:() update... lol sigh

January 2010
picture.php

Now (April 2010)
Snapshot_20100420_1-vi.jpg

1st of all, The wig is cute. Secondly, WHY are u sighing??? THIS is AWESOME progress for 3 months. Keep up the GOOD work :)

Soooooo I finally decided on a wig! Here's my choice! I am in love! What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• IMG00270-20100430-1953.jpg
    IMG00270-20100430-1953.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG00271-20100430-1954.jpg
    IMG00271-20100430-1954.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 33
When not in braids, I am still wigging it up. I am actually surprised that I haven't given up or quit yet. Still spray my hair everyday, twice a day when I remember.

I'm back hanging tough with my trusted half wig SH-Janet by Pizazz (see avatar). I have been completely lazy with my hair during my pregnancy. :ohwell: So I decided to get back into half wigs. I am really enjoying wearing them again. I have been thinking about venturing into lace fronts, but don't know where to start! I have to keep a better eye on this thread. :yep:

I am loving my short wig, I am not all hot and it is easier to put on for whatever reason. My hair is still plaited underneath and will be the duration of May and June at least. I am getting good growth. Anyway I am wearing shorty for at least a month.

Hey,
What is everyone using to moisturize your hair under your wig?

I've been using a WEN/water mix which is great because it give me moisture without cakey buildup. THEN a week ago I FINALLY got around to ordering some ROSE WATER.

http://www.iherb.com/Heritage-Products-Rosewater-Rose-Petals-8-fl-oz-240-ml/6481?at=0

I'm in LOVE! It's light and smells LOVELY. Why did I sleep so long on this??
Anyone else using rose water?

I just bought some of this last week.....I will start using it to spritz:yep:.

I do. I blow dry a small parted section in the front (leaving the back wet w/ products) on a cool setting. Then, lightly flatiron the section. I cornroll the back. I'm enjoying it.

Very Pretty and Creative.

Is your handband "covering" your wig line? I saw one of those handbands this morning at Walgreens and wondered if it would work for that purpose.

I have to get in the mirror and play around with mine to see what works.

Checking in....I switched up my regimen from washing every 5-7 days, to now cowashing after every workout. Uhm can I say that my wigs have been a blessing to me:grin:.

Today I did an updo w/Sensationnel HZ-7052, this style would wear well when it gets hot. My hair was completely protected and hidden away in a plait. The "bang" is actually a section of the wig that I just pulled forward to make a bang.

Last edited:
Thanks- Mrs. H- yup that is exactly what I did. I cover up the demarcation line the headnband. It should work with any half wig. Let me know how it works for you.

Back