WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Lol radiant. I was super annoyed. Dont know how a cut turned into curling iron fight

Im re-reading that and it looks ridiculous. Should say "Not Human" but yea :nono: Just glad it wasnt one of my more expensive wigs. I dont know how to cut off the burned part and I dont wanna go back there. *sigh*

II am itching to wear my straight wig. I have been wearing the straightish one (Kendal) since Last saturday, so like a week and a half. But I can't be just switching back and forth , the people at work already think I change my enough. I don't feel like the comments. *sigh* soooo I guess I will be wearing this at least until the end of the week.

Doooooooo itttttttttttttt! When I first started wearing half wigs, I was rotating them like no one's business. Even now, I switch them around depending on my mood. I will say my work place has a very high population of "hair enhancement" wearing women. Wigs, weaves, braid extensions, ponytails, buns, etc. Nobody can say anything because they're probably wearing fake hair at the moment. :grin: So, I will concede that my work environment sounds different then yours.

In fact,the people at your work place seem catty. I say change it up just to bring excitement to their obviously boring, bland lives. Life is too short to suppress your shine.

Lol radiant. I was super annoyed. Dont know how a cut turned into curling iron fight

Im re-reading that and it looks ridiculous. Should say "Not Human" but yea :nono: Just glad it wasnt one of my more expensive wigs. I dont know how to cut off the burned part and I dont wanna go back there. *sigh*

If you're going to cut it into a super basic style, I say go to a hair school or supercuts.

Doooooooo itttttttttttttt! When I first started wearing half wigs, I was rotating them like no one's business. Even now, I switch them around depending on my mood. I will say my work place has a very high population of "hair enhancement" wearing women. Wigs, weaves, braid extensions, ponytails, buns, etc. Nobody can say anything because they're probably wearing fake hair at the moment. :grin: So, I will concede that my work environment sounds different then yours.

In fact,the people at your work place seem catty. I say change it up just to bring excitement to their obviously boring, bland lives. Life is too short to suppress your shine.

Okay okay I think I may bust it out on Friday:rolleyes:. That is all I can do right now and still feel comfortable. Its not so much that I care as that I have to watch my lethal tongue towards "ignant" ppl.:blush:

Ok! I got this wig to work in my favor, I am actually liking this, my edges seem good so no worry there, I do have to wear the wig cap though, but it is fun! Have a different look and still remain natural! Thanks Ladies for the advice!!

Hey Ladies,

When washing lace wigs is it okay to soak it in fabric softner also. I thought i read somewhere that the lace will get messed up if wet, i could be wrong.

I need to repair the ends of my synthetic lace wig badly.

Thanks.

omg ya'll, i have wig exhaustion! :wallbash: i don't think i can carry on any longer. i might need to mix it up or something. i purchased two new wigs the other week so maybe it's time to whip em out... though i've been ps since oct of last year so that could be the cause of the exhaustion! :look:

Last edited:
Do you remember the model name? I have a feeling it cost less then the Forever Young wig.

it's a half wig (but fits the entire head) and it was only $19, but it's also longer than yours. i'm going to cut it super short though. i'm excited because i am tired of this wig already! :wallbash:

newborn morocco is the name - but the pics does the wig nooooo justice. i have the exact color you have and it looks just like that one except it's longer.

it's a half wig (but fits the entire head) and it was only $19, but it's also longer than yours. i'm going to cut it super short though. i'm excited because i am tired of this wig already! :wallbash:

newborn morocco is the name - but the pics does the wig nooooo justice. i have the exact color you have and it looks just like that one except it's longer.

That's cute.

I'm still trying to decide if I want that wig or not. I've never bought Forever Young wigs, so I don't know what the quality is or how big the cap is (apparently I have a large head). Decisions decisions. I do think the wig would be cooler in the summer since the curls are away from the head if that makes any sense.

One of my bss has the bottom row of half wigs on sale for 12.99! Lawd, help me. I'm going to replace my Outre Lexus with a different color. It seems I like the colors that no one else likes. I'm also going to buy some other half wig that I would never buy normally. Probably short or long and blonde.

And help me find out why I covered my face when you can see through my fingers.:lachen::lachen:

This is the front of Outre Lexus:
0322101016-1.jpg

This is the back of Outre Lexux:

Dang my back is big. I look like I can lift 'frigerators.

Here are pictures of the freetress equal lace front wig I bought. It's called Selena. I did not like it. I don't think the style worked for me and the dang thing shed like crazy. I don't think you can tell from the pictures, but it's one of those bobs that are short at the back but grow longer from the front.

I'm still trying to figure out the cellphone camera out, so my apologies for the crap angles.

Oh, update on the Queen of Hearts wig. Negotiating a price on ebay. Will probably reject completely if the seller doesn't except my bid of $25.

Attachments

• lhcfwig1.jpeg
    lhcfwig1.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 15
  • lhcfwig2.jpeg
    lhcfwig2.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm still in it to win it with the the 6 wigs I got in DEC. I was getting tired of the whole thing, then I ordered a new straight and a new wavy.

I've been renewed.

I also switched from 4 corn rows to 6 flat twists. Both me and my hair are enjoying things much more now.

Here are pictures of the freetress equal lace front wig I bought. It's called Selena. I did not like it. I don't think the style worked for me and the dang thing shed like crazy. I don't think you can tell from the pictures, but it's one of those bobs that are short at the back but grow longer from the front.

I'm still trying to figure out the cellphone camera out, so my apologies for the crap angles.

Oh, update on the Queen of Hearts wig. Negotiating a price on ebay. Will probably reject completely if the seller doesn't except my bid of $25.

I think it looks good on you. I imagine you are hiding a sour face filled with dislike. :lachen:

I saw a wig in a color combo I've never tried (auburn 33/brown 30) that was so pretty that I'm going to buy on Sat....

I'm going to RETIRE my favorite wig this weekend - it is better to stop wearing it while it still looks GOOD then to wait until it looks like an animal died on top of your head, right! :yep:

Ladies, I'm itching to shake things up for Spring!

I either want a big *** coily/curly wig or a super sleek, super long wig with bangs!

Attachments

• mel-b-pic-troy-jensen-image-2-84-1.jpg
    mel-b-pic-troy-jensen-image-2-84-1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 0bcc7292.jpg
    0bcc7292.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 26
I think it looks good on you. I imagine you are hiding a sour face filled with dislike. :lachen:

Thank you! I admit it. I have a super duper stank face. :laugh: But part of that could also be because I was taking the pics during a break at work (what? the bathroom has nice lighting).

I saw a wig in a color combo I've never tried (auburn 33/brown 30) that was so pretty that I'm going to buy on Sat....

I'm going to RETIRE my favorite wig this weekend - it is better to stop wearing it while it still looks GOOD then to wait until it looks like an animal died on top of your head, right! :yep:

I have such a bad problem with that. I had this favorite half wig that I wore to death. And I'm not going to even talk about the "Aurora" wig that sorta looked like a dead animal to begin with (I was in denial).

Ladies, I'm itching to shake things up for Spring!

I either want a big *** coily/curly wig or a super sleek, super long wig with bangs!

Oooooh. Harlem 125 has the pooftastic coily wig, but I don't know what it looks like in real life.

yhst-2519492840586_2099_269792075

Alright I've been wearing my wig from Extension Plus for 3 months now. 9 more months to go. I like it better than Day 1.

I have been wearing my hair braided at first for one month at a time, but now I am going to up to 2 months at a time.

I have been wearing a circular pattern. Do you guys have any sites to cute cornrows with your natural hair for taking it off or any ideas? This would really help.

omg ya'll, i have wig exhaustion! :wallbash: i don't think i can carry on any longer. i might need to mix it up or something. i purchased two new wigs the other week so maybe it's time to whip em out... though i've been ps since oct of last year so that could be the cause of the exhaustion! :look:

I know the feeling ecspeccially with spring in the air but just think of the end result. That's what I try to do and think about my hair down myb ack. Believe me its hard at times but it's well work it.

Okay so I hate the "Lacy" wig, ( i gave it that name) it has only been a week and its all tangled in the back. WTH!!!! I want a big coily curly one too

HEY... fellow wig sisters. I hope all are happy wigging and seeing results.

One quick question. Do you guys know how I can wear my cornrows under my wig so when I take off my wig I have cute hairstle.

Thanks! Keep wiggin :-))

HEY... fellow wig sisters. I hope all are happy wigging and seeing results.

One quick question. Do you guys know how I can wear my cornrows under my wig so when I take off my wig I have cute hairstle.

Thanks! Keep wiggin :-))

What I'm finding is if I do two strand twists and then cornrow them, than when I whip the piece off in the car or hallway, I'm okay. I've also learned to do a horizontal cornrow at the edges and nape. Then I can take it down, snap in a roller and I have a cute updo. I got tired of my husband flinching every time I snatched it - whatever 'it' of the day - off my head. He really would be happy either way. He's just not one for surprises and day to day changes.:lachen:

Next time I snatch it off, I'll take a pic for ya.

I took down my cornrows last night (not two strand twists) and fluffed my hair out. I had been apply MT every night and spritzing with the Creme Rinse/water/oil mix morning and night before putting on wig or putting on bonnet.

My braid-out is banging. All my students are loving it. One teacher said that I should keep it like that all of the time. They don't understand PS at all. That's okay. I think I'll rock the braid out for a few days. Who knows what personality will possess me tomorrow. I might have gray contacts and a blonde Beyonce wig before the week is though.

Last edited:
last day of this wig is tomorrow, I think depends on how money is looking. But I am unbraiding tomorrow for a poofy braid out and then DCn on sunday. WIll be rebraiding sunday night

I put Lexus back on and tomorrow - payday - I'll go pick up my replacement Lexus's for 12.99:bouncegre

I'm looking for a short sassy wig on the Mommy tip. It seems I have to actually see a wig on somebody or in a BSS before I'll commit.

They always grow on me but ain't nothing like the disappointment of pulling a wig out of the plastic, removing the net and paper, putting it on your head and it looks like meh or aaaaarrrrghgghh.

Back