WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Okay quick update:

1. I tried the bobby pin method (2 by ea ear and 2 in the back) all I have to say is it took my wearing wearing to a whole new comfort leve. I was out the me mall and not one did I feel like I should do a wig check. I felt secure

2. I am not wearing a cap anymore...more comfort :)

3. I went for my BSS trip yesterday and couldn't resist this straight wig so I nabbed it for 30 bux. I will be wearing tonight and I will post pics

4. I am just totally loving the versatility of be able to switch my hairstyle at given moment AND have access (sp?) to my hair whenever I want!!!!

5. oh and they look better and better the more I wear it....

O used to only wear a wig if I was having a terrible hair day or after removign braids or something. No it is an actual style....thanks Ladies for are your tips.

Do you guys leave your wig on when you're getting jiggy with it? My SO keeps pulling it off during *erhm*:blush:

My SO politely asked me how long I was going to wear the wig for as he likes to play with my new growth, esp the nape area where it was cut into a tapered bob:sad:

Also I'm actually tired of wearing the wig but my hair is too badly damaged for me to risk a relaxer, esp now that I have 3 months of new growth and I'm not brave enough to do the TWA

Do you guys leave your wig on when you're getting jiggy with it? My SO keeps pulling it off during *erhm*:blush:

My SO politely asked me how long I was going to wear the wig for as he likes to play with my new growth, esp the nape area where it was cut into a tapered bob:sad:

Also I'm actually tired of wearing the wig but my hair is too badly damaged for me to risk a relaxer, esp now that I have 3 months of new growth and I'm not brave enough to do the TWA

I had planned on keeping it on (along with pumps and a corset) at least once. I never got around to it though. We have an anniversary coming up so maybe that will be the day/night.

Every other night I'm just ready to get it off and go to bed. -- We have 2 little ones.

checking in! I relaxed last week and I have a few strands that are APL. I truly believe I will get there by June :yep:. I can't wait. I think I'm going to switch to half wigs soon. It's getting hot

My wigs have names. His fav is Lacey (the straight one) and he asks me to keep it on. He knows he can't pull it but I just think he likes to look at it.

I went out with some friends of mine Friday and wore my big Outre Tammy half wig. I don't drink often so I was frigged up when I got home. All I could do was take off my clothes and jump in the bed cause the room was rotating. I got frisky when he got in the bed and I started whipping that wig around. He said I was growling and talking dirty - all stuff I NEVER do. "So you like it like this, huh? What's my name?"

Anywho, he said I had that Greek Mythology pootinanny that night. It turned him to stone. He called me Sasha Fierce and said that I scared him a little bit. Shoot, he tripping because I remember him holding my hair out of the way.

I say all that to say, yes, I have worn it when getting jiggy.:look:

Still Wigging It Ladies!:grin: And the Temperature is Steadlily Rising:sad:.....

Still contemplating on whether I can get through May - August under a full wig. I sure hope so:ohwell:.....It's gonna be hard though *because of the heat*

I am willing to give it a try. I'd like to instead of the phony-bun/pony. To keep the extra manipulation and pressure at bay. We'll See..................:look:

I'm starting to go through my half wigs and picking out the thinner ones with a lighter cap for the summer. It's those full wigs with bangs that drive me batty especially now with the personal heat waves happening more often. :nono:

I went out with some friends of mine Friday and wore my big Outre Tammy half wig. I don't drink often so I was frigged up when I got home. All I could do was take off my clothes and jump in the bed cause the room was rotating. I got frisky when he got in the bed and I started whipping that wig around. He said I was growling and talking dirty - all stuff I NEVER do. "So you like it like this, huh? What's my name?"

Anywho, he said I had that Greek Mythology pootinanny that night. It turned him to stone. He called me Sasha Fierce and said that I scared him a little bit. Shoot, he tripping because I remember him holding my hair out of the way.

I say all that to say, yes, I have worn it when getting jiggy.:look:

Dead @ "Greek Mythology pootinanny" :lachen:- I bet he can't wait until the next time you go out:yep:

I accidently burned the left side of my synthetic wig (cut into layers so the front)..is there ANY way to fix that or would I have to cut off the burnt parts?

I'm not really sure either, but I've done well enough to fool a few folks. I'm not going to use the tape or anything though, I'm only using the combs and pins.

I've got a question for you ladies. Have any of you had thinning around your edges from wigs or the combs puilling? That's the one thing I am a bit concerned about.

Yes, my edges are gone! I feel like it happened overnight but it must have been gradual. I have been wigging for about six months and my baby is five months so the wig and postpartum shedding probably contributed to that loss.

Im using OCT on my edges to grow it back.

I accidently burned the left side of my synthetic wig (cut into layers so the front)..is there ANY way to fix that or would I have to cut off the burnt parts?

Bachelorette, how did you "accidentally" burn the left side of your wig?

Btw I think self-styled will be able to answer that one I think she has some tip about dunking the whole thing in warm/ hot water to revive them ???

What do you think, ladies? Forever Young "Queen of Hearts." Yay or Nay?
WIGS1183.jpg

OMG i just bought a wig EXACTLY LIKE THIS!!! it's by new born free.

Bachelorette, how did you "accidentally" burn the left side of your wig?

Btw I think self-styled will be able to answer that one I think she has some tip about dunking the whole thing in warm/ hot water to revive them ???

Actually it wasnt me, but I didnt wanna start a rant. My new wig (Milano Girl) was too long so I went to get it cut into layers (I dozed off) just to bwake up to the stylist trying to flat iron the frobt, I ended up yelling "It's No Human!" so she stopped now Im left with a portion of the front looking fray and horrible.

Actually it wasnt me, but I didnt wanna start a rant. My new wig (Milano Girl) was too long so I went to get it cut into layers (I dozed off) just to bwake up to the stylist trying to flat iron the frobt, I ended up yelling "It's No Human!" so she stopped now Im left with a portion of the front looking fray and horrible.

LMAO at that scenario bachelorette :rofl:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

Okay. :sad:

Just checking in! Going strong, but after the very warm (83), beautiful weather this past weekend, I worry about how long I can keep this wig on top of all this thick hair! I will definitely have to cornrow this mess down to allow more air to flow across my scalp/be cooler while wearing my wigs!

i really like that Queen of Heart wigs Lady Spoeed Stick. I might have to get that. Can u post pics when u get it?
You guys were supposed to be talking me out of buying the wig! :laugh: It's going to be a cell phone pic!

I actually need to take a pic of my new Model Model wig called "Queen" I love it. Well, could do without the skin side part, but that's nit picking.

I think you're going to have to cut it. :sad:

OMG i just bought a wig EXACTLY LIKE THIS!!! it's by new born free.

Do you remember the model name? I have a feeling it cost less then the Forever Young wig.

Aww that sux. But like everyone else said, you'd probably have to cut it

II am itching to wear my straight wig. I have been wearing the straightish one (Kendal) since Last saturday, so like a week and a half. But I can't be just switching back and forth , the people at work already think I change my enough. I don't feel like the comments. *sigh* soooo I guess I will be wearing this at least until the end of the week.

Back