WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Thanks Aggie!! I think that my head and hair likes to be free lol!! and not covered up, cuz it starts itching like crazy, Human hair or synthetic, I hope I am not allergic to it. That would suck because it is a cute wig.

Thanks Aggie!! I think that my head and hair likes to be free lol!! and not covered up, cuz it starts itching like crazy, Human hair or synthetic, I hope I am not allergic to it. That would suck because it is a cute wig.

OMG! How did I miss this. You've gone natural. I just really looked at your avi and realize it's you in the pic. Forgive me for having overlooked it before. Good luck on your natural hair journey and have fun with it.

By the way, you're welcomed - got carried away with your natural look and all:grin::blush:.

LOL!!! Aggie! You know I change from natural to relaxed in the blink of an eye!! and vice versa, but I am planning to stay natural!!! But texlaxing really calls me LOL!!!

I tried wearing my wig without a cap yesterday adn though it was more comfy it kept feeling like it was going to slip off at any moment.

How are you ladies securing yours? Like what locations? With or w/o a cap and what type of pins? Is you hair braided underneath?

I have cornrows underneath it so i can measure growth and it is protective

I tried wearing my wig without a cap yesterday adn though it was more comfy it kept feeling like it was going to slip off at any moment.

How are you ladies securing yours? Like what locations? With or w/o a cap and what type of pins? Is you hair braided underneath
I no longer wear a cap. I haven't worn one in ages. They gave me bad headaches. I just secure my wigs with bobby pins.

How are you ladies securing yours? Like what locations? With or w/o a cap and what type of pins? Is you hair braided underneath?

I have cornrows underneath it so i can measure growth and it is protective

I use bobby pins, I put two at each side on the front and in the back. I do wear a cap underneath because it's easier for me then trying to tuck all my hair in the wig. Sometimes I wear coils, sometimes I wear twists, but with the wig cap I can do whatever and it'll keep it down. I don't think caps are necessary for everyone and may cause breakage in some because of the nylon (you can use satin wave caps instead).

I use bobby pins, I put two at each side on the front and in the back. I do wear a cap underneath because it's easier for me then trying to tuck all my hair in the wig. Sometimes I wear coils, sometimes I wear twists, but with the wig cap I can do whatever and it'll keep it down. I don't think caps are necessary for everyone and may cause breakage in some because of the nylon (you can use satin wave caps instead).

Thanks, I just a purchased a satin wave cap to sleep in so maybe I will try that. My hair is in cornrows so pretty easy to get under the wig but I will definitely try securing with bobby pins as well.

Hi Ladies

I need your help! Can someone please tell me where to get this half wig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-PICEMG3Y

I emailed the ytuber and she said its called the beyonce half wig but she does not remember the name of the brand. I've googled, but no luck.

I know somebody here knows this wig :)

Looked for it but could only find lace fronts that even looked like her hair. The one half wig I did find called Beyonce was a frizzy looking crimped braid out type wig that was shoulder length.

Did you find it?

Thanks sis :kiss: , but those are lace fronts. (not ventured into lace front/wigs yet)

I am looking for the half wig.

Gotcha..... Z you can still wear these lace fronts as kinda half wigs cos they have the clips etc. They actually look good as you can part them where you want....

^^^ Usually anything from a month to about 3. But never throw away the bases. Learned that the hard way. You can just strip them and replace with some nice human hair.

O EM GEE Ya'll I made it a full seven days without taking off my wig (during day hours, it comes off at night lol). I feel good. Tomorrow starts another week.... Last night Baggied with my braid spray mix and castor oil on my ends. Threw back on the wig this morning

I've rocked a twistout today and yesterday and I'm enjoying being invisible. Some of my half wigs are big - like Outre Tammy - and when I walk in a room...It's like Cher or Chaka Khan stepped in. My husband has been singing "I'm looking for a new love" and calling me Jody Whatley (spelling?)

Question though - Does anyone have the Janet Collection Mommy wig? I can only find it in some wildly light color that won't work for me.

Still wearing my wig. It seems like the more I wear it the better it looks. Bought some Tresseme natural and Nexxus Humectus to condition my hair underneath today too. I am sooo excited for APL in December.

Still Wigging It Ladies!:grin: And the Temperature is Steadlily Rising:sad:.....

Still contemplating on whether I can get through May - August under a full wig. I sure hope so:ohwell:.....It's gonna be hard though *because of the heat*

I am willing to give it a try. I'd like to instead of the phony-bun/pony. To keep the extra manipulation and pressure at bay. We'll See..................:look:

I know what you mean Terri, today I did not wear my wig. I wore a nice classy bun, with some great jewelry. You are so in my head, I definitely back off on the wigs when it starts to get warm.

What do you think, ladies? Forever Young "Queen of Hearts." Yay or Nay?
WIGS1183.jpg

Back