WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Woman, if you do not make up your mind. . .:lachen:

Kidding. Thanks for looking. :grin:

The wig looks more realistic on you then the models.

:lachen:You are so right. I had to find it though it was driving me nuts. Funny thing is I found it online for $39 and bss has it for $19.99. I've had the wig over a year and I cut the bangs to look more realistic. I also bought another carefree wig with blond stripes for something different. Well, that one's going to have to grow on me. I'll show pics when I wear it.

Can you ladies help me make this wig look a little more natural

Attachments

• wig.jpg
    wig.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 35
  • wig side.jpg
    wig side.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 30
I put some cornstarch as suggested it seemed to "dull" a little. But I started watching wig reviews on YT and found a whole new world of more natural looking wigs by various brands I hadn't heard of. I am just glad its not bothering me yet< i usually wanna take it off by now

It actually looks natural already.. The color is flattering. I think you're just not used to wearing wigs. :grin: You have a wonderful wigalicious adventure ahead of you - just be careful of those edges. :yep:

Ok..........just in case anyone doubt that "other" women wear fake hair on the regular..........I just made a "let's go wig shopping" date with a white friend! :grin:

Play around with the bangs - puff up, pull to one side, tuck behind your ears, even put it on slightly off cetner, etc.

I rarely wear the wig exactly like shown on the model! The more you play around with it, the more comfortable and natural it will look. Too picture prefect scream fake, imo.

I love the color on you!:yep:

I've been wigging it since January to protective style during my stretch since November. Since I got my first re-touch of 2010 on Friday, I'm taking a break from wigs for this upcoming week--I miss my hair. I was wearing Tammy for the last few weeks of my stretch. LOVE HER. I got so many compliments on Tammy.

I bought Freetress Savannah Girl Saturday for when I resume wig wearing for next week. She'll be my go-to, daily wig.
base_media

Im soo late.. Im a newbi,, Can I still be added?? :look:

Reggie:
co wash weekly
D/C weekly
prepoo/ hot oil treatment weekly.
Moisturize daily and seal w/ coconut, vatika oil, amla and evoo oils
clarify w/ acv & BS monthly
NO heat, NO manipulation, Detangle 1x/ week..

@curlydiva - Thank you. I always try and find a color as close as possible to my hair color (r blonde) cause anything to dark against my freckles....is start looking crazy. I will play around a little more.

apemay - you are right not used to it exactly. I am gonna defintely try and get that way. I love how I have access to my hair to DC and seal my ends

How do ya'll care for the edges when wearing your wigs? I MIGHT WANNA JOIN but only for 4 months to gain enough hair to get braids, But I bought one today, but people I know have their edges gone and all they wear is wigs.

I have been wearing the wig for the past 4 months and I love, love, love it. This may not be the best picture but here it is.

Attachments

• IMG00182-20100315-1218.jpg
    IMG00182-20100315-1218.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 45
what is all this tak about the edges?? How are ppl losing their edges?? I wanna kow so I won't lose any pls

Has anyone tried the Forever Young line of wigs? I keep hearing that hollywood uses them, but in their model pictures they look very shiny and unimpressive.

How do ya'll care for the edges when wearing your wigs? I MIGHT WANNA JOIN but only for 4 months to gain enough hair to get braids, But I bought one today, but people I know have their edges gone and all they wear is wigs.

Hi SignatureBeauty,

A big part about wearing a wig is TAKING CARE OF YOUR UNDERNEATH!

If you already have a weaken or thin hairline - I would avoid half wigs, lace front with glue or tape, tight headbands or any style that causes extra pressure on this area.

Remove the grip combs and use bobby pins to secure the wig instead. Wear a wig style with bangs or the hair falls forward.

Good luck,
CD

what is all this tak about the edges?? How are ppl losing their edges?? I wanna kow so I won't lose any pls

For me, it was the combs in the front. You have to be careful with those. Some people slather them in oil, but I just use bobby pins now. But YMMV.

I'm still wigging it with my half wigs Polly and Malibu Girl in heavy rotation.

I also rotate (full caps) Rihanna and Ali for the short and sassy look. To dull the shine on the short wigs, I use Arrid Extra Dry (sp?) solid deodorant. It worked better than cornstarch for me.

apemay1969,

You are so pretty... hair is nice also!!!!

I think I'm going to cave in and buy Tammy this weekend. I'm tired of trying to get my edges to lay down. Pretty soon there won't be anything to lay down. :nono:

Does Yasmine tangle up on you? For some reason it starts to separate into individual coils instead of the water wave look. When I spray and try to brush it, the brush gets stuck. I may dump it in some diluted fabric softener water. I like how the hair looks, i just don't like how it sits on my head. I dunno.:perplexed

From people I know and see have there edges gone from wearing wigs daily, but the rest of their hair is nice and thick, It don't take much to thin them out, when I was texlaxed I stretched to keep them thick, But I am not a wig wearer but need something different, so I bought a wig, but will take the advice I was given on here and see how that works LOL!! I gotta keep my edges, don't wanna look like that Michael Myers mask from the Movie Halloween!

Hi SignatureBeauty,

A big part about wearing a wig is TAKING CARE OF YOUR UNDERNEATH!

If you already have a weaken or thin hairline - I would avoid half wigs, lace front with glue or tape, tight headbands or any style that causes extra pressure on this area.

Remove the grip combs and use bobby pins to secure the wig instead. Wear a wig style with bangs or the hair falls forward.

Good luck,
CD

Thank You so much! I do have one with bangs, and have removed the combs. Yes, my edges are weak they have always been weak Natural or Relaxed. so I want to take care of them and try to keep them.

I wore a wig daily for 2 years straight a few years ago and I never had thin edges. I never wore a wig cap either. I think that many ladies adjust the wig too tightly (or the stocking cap is too small) on their heads and hence the reason for lost edges.

Because I got such great results before doing this method, I am back to wearing wigs daily to grow my texlaxed hair out this time around. I love the wigs as a protective styling technique because it is the one method that truly brings me wonderful results.

I love braids too but I have been wearing my wigs a little more lately to accomplish those thick, lengthy results that I had years ago:yep:.

Last edited:
Back