WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Can you post a pic - even a grainy phone pic - of Bali Girl remixed? It's on sale at Clairhair and I might buy it even though I'm scared of that hairsister site.

girl it's(bali girl) the same price over at blackhairspray.com plus you don't get the headaches of hairsisters by a different name. When will people learn?! HairSisters,Shima, are a no no rounds these parts lmao

Last edited:
Why is hairsisters having a bomb diggetty sale and i'm scared to order? One of the half wigs on sale I've been keeping my eye on is on sale. Why they gotta be like that? :wallbash::wallbash:

i've ordered from hs like 4 times. I think one of them had an item on back order that they never told me. They did give me a refund on that so all in all if they have a good sale i'll still order. Well, at least until I cave in and try the $100 order from rocky trading. :o

I've been wearing wigs every day with either twists or cornrows under them. correction, half wigs...and I haven't felt like blending, so I throw a hat on, and I just love it.

It's getting warmer out now so I either need to start rocking the headband look, prepping my hair for proper blending, or stop wearing straight styles and wearing more that match my texture

Anywho...I just got a steamer so I'm going to incorporate weekly or twice weekly dc steam treatments

How do you think I feel? :lachen::lachen: It's a Bobbi Boss but I haven't seen anything like it online or in the BSS. It's two-toned also - 1b and some gold color I can't seem to match. :ohwell:

I clipped the bangs because they kept getting in my eyes. The ends are starting to get a little ratty so I'll trim them and deal with it until I get one similar.

It's so funny. The ushers at church didn't recognize me with this on. He kept trying to get me to fill out a visitors card.:lachen::lachen: He only knows me with wild twistouts.:lachen:

I was wrong. I thought that I remembered correctly. It is actually a Care Free. Now I know what I'm looking for online. I'm thinking the color is 1B and either 32 or 33. There is a bold streak of the golden red instead of highlights throughout.

Checking! Still wigging. You know my friends from high school actually thought Tammy & Yasmine was my real hair. I understand why because that's what my hair looks like when it was long, but geez. I was like people you just saw pics of me from November. I mean my hair grows fast but not that fast. :lachen:

Tammy
2yosbdc.jpg

Yasmine
2yla2bo.jpg
:lachen:

I think I'm going to cave in and buy Tammy this weekend. I'm tired of trying to get my edges to lay down. Pretty soon there won't be anything to lay down. :nono:

Does Yasmine tangle up on you? For some reason it starts to separate into individual coils instead of the water wave look. When I spray and try to brush it, the brush gets stuck. I may dump it in some diluted fabric softener water. I like how the hair looks, i just don't like how it sits on my head. I dunno.:perplexed

How are you going to come in with a wig look like you real hair and not know the name? Why do you hurt me so, you tease!! :lachen:

No labels or anything?

This is it! Carefree Collection Diva (synthetic)
Diva-style.jpg

They actually have a human hair Diva, a weave Diva, and a drawstring Diva.

Here's an example of how the BP335 color is deposited. It's more golden red than this picture. I love how it's block color instead of highlighted strands.

Color.jpg

Now that I've found it, I'm going to order from one of the suggested retailers on carefreecollection.com - terrabeauty.com is where I'm looking first.

UPDATE - I was wrong! This is the wig. The other one is similar but it didn't look long enough. This is Madelene.
Madelene.jpg

Last edited:
uh uh....its that time of the year again!! woohoo!!! About to bring my wig box OUT from hiding!! Lets get wiggie wiggie and giggie giggie..long hair long hair HERE WE COME!! lol

xoxo
Love this challenge.

Checking in, still half wigging, I enjoy always having a good hair day. KISSing: wash, DC'ing weekly,moisturize and seal daily, oil my scalp, every other day.

Oh yeah, I placed an order from Rockey Trading last Fri, I noticed that only $89 was charged on my credit card, I have no idea what they were out of stock on, as their communication has been sparse.

I will update when I receive my haul.

ETA:I just checked my email and missed an invoice from them (very professional). I will have my package tomorrow- yay. So that was six days between ordering and receiving my order...not bad and way cheaper than dreadful Hairsisters.

For $89, I got 3 half wigs, a synthetic lace front, and 2 phony ponies(for the warm weather), and some scarves- not too bad at all.

Last edited:
^ I got my order from them yesterday. I have never worn a wig, but stalking this thread made me want to take the plunge and when I found the thread about Rockey Trading I no longer had an excuse not to.

I got 4 lacefronts for $93 and that included shipping. All of my styles are pretty much what I would usually wear with my natural hair. Once I get comfortable wearing wigs, I'll probably venture out to more lengths and colors.

Checking in, still half wigging, I enjoy always having a good hair day. KISSing: wash, DC'ing weekly,moisturize and seal daily, oil my scalp, every other day.

Oh yeah, I placed an order from Rockey Trading last Fri, I noticed that only $89 was charged on my credit card, I have no idea what they were out of stock on, as their communication has been sparse.

I will update when I receive my haul.

ETA:I just checked my email and missed an invoice from them (very professional). I will have my package tomorrow- yay. So that was six days between ordering and receiving my order...not bad and way cheaper than dreadful Hairsisters.

For $89, I got 3 half wigs, a synthetic lace front, and 2 phony ponies(for the warm weather), and some scarves- not too bad at all.

I thought you had to order over $100 worth of stuff from them.

^ I got my order from them yesterday. I have never worn a wig, but stalking this thread made me want to take the plunge and when I found the thread about Rockey Trading I no longer had an excuse not to.

I got 4 lacefronts for $93 and that included shipping. All of my styles are pretty much what I would usually wear with my natural hair. Once I get comfortable wearing wigs, I'll probably venture out to more lengths and colors.

Oooh what did you order? I ordered a champagne lace wig- and it was out of stock....boo! Watch in no time you will be rocking those wigs:yep:.

[/B]

I thought you had to order over $100 worth of stuff from them.

Apemay- you do have to order $100, but b/c one of the wigs was out of stock, they still processed the order, and I am so not complaining.:yep:

The Rockey Trading website had made me realize how much the BSS's and other wig websites overcharge people.

A lace front there is $23, but at my local BSS $80. I mean I am all for people making a profit, but dang.

Checking in! I'm still rocking my wigs. It has really been helping me keep my reggie simple so I will continue to do this until I reach my goal even after this challenge is over.

i purchased a short wig and filled it in.

tutorial here: http://bit.ly/9AcERF

i'm now rocking this synthetic baby for the challenge and i have a few more that i want to try: a teyanna taylor and corinne bailey rae style.

kurlybella-kisforkinky.jpg

Last edited:
This is it! Carefree Collection Diva (synthetic)
Diva-style.jpg

They actually have a human hair Diva, a weave Diva, and a drawstring Diva.

Here's an example of how the BP335 color is deposited. It's more golden red than this picture. I love how it's block color instead of highlighted strands.

Color.jpg

Now that I've found it, I'm going to order from one of the suggested retailers on carefreecollection.com - terrabeauty.com is where I'm looking first.

UPDATE - I was wrong! This is the wig. The other one is similar but it didn't look long enough. This is Madelene.
Madelene.jpg

Woman, if you do not make up your mind. . .:lachen:

Kidding. Thanks for looking. :grin:

The wig looks more realistic on you then the models.

Me too! I just bought my 1st but I don't know how to put it on properly! I've been experimenting but may have to give up and go to a professional. This is the one I bought - http://store.ebonyline.com/eqbabylili.html.

Last edited:
checking in! Wore JoJo today and when I got home Salma was here!! She is beautiful!! I would like to thin her out a little bit but am not so sure how

Oooh what did you order? I ordered a champagne lace wig- and it was out of stock....boo! Watch in no time you will be rocking those wigs:yep:.

I got

I didn't want to do anything too drastic right away, but I am LOVING wigging it already. I have been wearing Sora (the first pic) since they came in. DH fell for her the first day! :rolleyes: He wanted to know when I had time to do my hair overnight because I usually take all day on Saturday.:grin:

Me too! I just bought my 1st but I don't know how to put it on properly! I've been experimenting but may have to give up and go to a professional. This is the one I bought - http://store.ebonyline.com/eqbabylili.html.

I'm not really sure either, but I've done well enough to fool a few folks. I'm not going to use the tape or anything though, I'm only using the combs and pins.

I've got a question for you ladies. Have any of you had thinning around your edges from wigs or the combs puilling? That's the one thing I am a bit concerned about.

I got

I didn't want to do anything too drastic right away, but I am LOVING wigging it already. I have been wearing Sora (the first pic) since they came in. DH fell for her the first day! :rolleyes: He wanted to know when I had time to do my hair overnight because I usually take all day on Saturday.:grin:

Thos are all so pretty:yep:- I bet they look great on you. Your DH sounds so cute.

The only time my edges suffer from wig wearing is when I wear full wigs, which I don't all that often. With half wigs I have no problems at all. The synthetic lace wigs, the lace feels hard to me, so I use those sporadically. Like say it's raining outside, and I don't want to wear a half wig, or me and DH are going out and I am trying to be sessy.

I would love to hear from others that are using the synth. LF, cause I would like to wear them a little more before it gets to hot, but don't want any setbacks with my edges because I am having good progress with them,

I an full wig from a local BSS and I cut the bangs a bit, but it still looks super fake. Do ya'll do anything to them to make a little more natural. I mean they are wigs and they will look fake (well to me anyway) but can I help a little bit.

BTW: I have a whole new attitude about wearing wigs when I know I am only wearing them to protect my healthy hair!

I an full wig from a local BSS and I cut the bangs a bit, but it still looks super fake. Do ya'll do anything to them to make a little more natural. I mean they are wigs and they will look fake (well to me anyway) but can I help a little bit.

BTW: I have a whole new attitude about wearing wigs when I know I am only wearing them to protect my healthy hair!

we may be able to help you better if you post a pic but generally thinning it out a bit helps and running a little corn starch down it to take away the shine helps as well

Back