WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Still wiggin it, i think i may be addicted.. I cant stay off of the websites ordering wigs.. I just ordered 4 more.. freetress lf keyshia, halle, salma, and angelina.. all for less than 105dollars. you cant beat this, lol and my hair is thriving underneath.. thank goodness cause the setback in jan had me worried

Where did you order them?

Bella I ordered from clairHair which i know is a nono, but I've been getting my wigs from them even faster (like in half the time) since they were blacklisted, and I have never had an issue with them. There were having an additional 20% off sale..

Last edited:
Bella I ordered from clairHair which i know is a nono, but I've been getting my wig from them even faster (like in half the time) since they were blacklisted, and I have never had an issue with them. There were having an additional 20% off sale..

Probably bc no-one wants to buy from them anymore !!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:
Good strategy :thought: - might give hair sisters a look in ....:lol:

I never officially joined this Wig Challenge but I have been wearing the Extension Plus European short (because I am in the military) for the past month and I love, love, love it. Everyone thinks that it is my hair and I get so many compliments on it. It was a little pricey but it is well worth it (you can dye it, straighten it, curl it, press it) because the hair texture does not change one bit. I am going to wear this wig for the whole year.

http://extensions-plus.com/Stock_European_Short.html

I never officially joined this Wig Challenge but I have been wearing the Extension Plus European short (because I am in the military) for the past month and I love, love, love it. Everyone thinks that it is my hair and I get so many compliments on it. It was a little pricey but it is well worth it (you can dye it, straighten it, curl it, press it) because the hair texture does not change one bit. I am going to wear this wig for the whole year.

http://extensions-plus.com/Stock_European_Short.html

Oh my:blush: word. I may have just entered wig heaven. That is a gaaaaawwwjjussss wig:lachen: I have a few ???? if you don't mind.
Do you have any pictures of it on?
I'ma scared to ask cause it's EP, but....how much did that set you back?
Is it constructed like a normal wig? Like is the part scalp like?
Do you need to glue it or tape it?

I am so sorry for all the questions.

Still wigging it! I've been wearing my mini bun (or my donut hole as my bestie calls it) underneath my wigs and it has been working well.

I am also still "Wigging" it. I love the fact that you never really have a bad hair day and you're doing something really good for your hair underneath.:lick:

I am still undecided how long I will keep the Full Wig on (April, May?) and if/when I will phony-bun or phony-pony. Decisions, Decisions.:look:

Overall tho', it's been a great Winter PS and Winter Hat and has allowed me to really moisturize and treat my hair.

Very Warm and always looks nice.:grin:

Oh my:blush: word. I may have just entered wig heaven. That is a gaaaaawwwjjussss wig:lachen: I have a few ???? if you don't mind.

I'd like to know as well because I fell in LOVE with that Indian Curly Long. I really, really, really need that in my life right now! :lachen:

I still got an attitude about that dang Motown Tress Wig, but I'm going to try to do something with it. I don't know what I'll be able to do without losing circulation in my head. . . *kicks Motown Tress CEO*

I am also still "Wigging" it. I love the fact that you never really have a bad hair day and you're doing something really good for your hair underneath.:lick:

I am still undecided how long I will keep the Full Wig on (April, May?) and if/when I will phony-bun or phony-pony. Decisions, Decisions.:look:

Overall tho', it's been a great Winter PS and Winter Hat and has allowed me to really moisturize and treat my hair.

Very Warm and always looks nice.:grin:

Lesson learned from last summer, during the hot months shorter wigs are your friend. Just my opinion.

Excuse me ladies,

I am not in this challenge but I have been lurking to get PS ideas. And :notworthy you all have seriously changed my mind about wigs! I mean you look fabulous.:yep::yep::yep:

I had no idea wigs could look this good and I was getting tired of bunning so I ordered a fake pony from GMBS. BIG MISTAKE. :nono:

I posted a long post detailing their crimes here: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=10332268#post10332268

I just had to come in and thank you all for the inspiration and to warn you about GMBS.

It is really nice. Girl, no I don't have any picctures yet with it on but I will take some soon. It was $600.00 because I am military and they sold it to me for wholesale and they sale wholesale for beauticians too but I have been wearing it for a month with conrows under it and I am going to wear it for the whole year. Dye it a lil bit, trim it a lil bit and just wear it like it is my hair. It is like a normal wig but it is very light weight and the inside of the wig is very soft. It has one clip in the front and elastic in the back that you can adjust. The scalp is lace throughout the entire wig. Girl, no problem with the questions but I have been through so many wigs lace front, regular, weaves and everything else for years and this is most definitely the best wig/weave I have ever had.

I'd like to know as well because I fell in LOVE with that Indian Curly Long. I really, really, really need that in my life right now! :lachen:

I know right. It is beautiful and when straightened it is the bomb. They give military and cosmetologists the wigs for wholesale. I was looking at that one for the summertime or for nights out when I want something else, but the price is well worth it. The lady told me with proper care this wig will last for 2-3 years. :yep:

It is really nice. Girl, no I don't have any picctures yet with it on but I will take some soon. It was $600.00 because I am military and they sold it to me for wholesale and they sale wholesale for beauticians too but I have been wearing it for a month with conrows under it and I am going to wear it for the whole year. Dye it a lil bit, trim it a lil bit and just wear it like it is my hair. It is like a normal wig but it is very light weight and the inside of the wig is very soft. It has one clip in the front and elastic in the back that you can adjust. The scalp is lace throughout the entire wig. Girl, no problem with the questions but I have been through so many wigs lace front, regular, weaves and everything else for years and this is most definitely the best wig/weave I have ever had.

that's 3 car payments,or 4 ins payments, or rent :blush::blush::blush:. I'll admire it from a far :look::lachen:

I'm back; I'd been on a rollerset pass (low manipulation) now I am back to my PS with wigs! Today I'm wearing Bali girl Remixed

Can you post a pic - even a grainy phone pic - of Bali Girl remixed? It's on sale at Clairhair and I might buy it even though I'm scared of that hairsister site.

I've been wiggin it daily since Jan 2!
I also added freeda Biotin to my daily vitamins. I know my nails seem to be growing faster. My hair stays in 4 conrows except for 1-2 times a week when I cowash (WEN), DC and rebraid. I also spray a water and WEN mix daily on my braids.

My new growth appears very healthy and vibrant. I recently chopped a couple inches of heat damaged ends but overall I think my hair is rested and happy.

I can't wait to get the progress shirt so I can start taking consistent pics.

You know what I hate? That I have wigs that I bought before I knew that they had names and stuff. :wallbash:

Now I don't know what kind of wig I have on but I keep getting compliments.

0308101532a.jpg
[/IMG]

Why are my pics always so dang big? I followed instructions. :perplexed

You know what I hate? That I have wigs that I bought before I knew that they had names and stuff. :wallbash:

Now I don't know what kind of wig I have on but I keep getting compliments.

0308101532a.jpg
[/IMG]

Why are my pics always so dang big? I followed instructions. :perplexed

How are you going to come in with a wig look like you real hair and not know the name? Why do you hurt me so, you tease!! :lachen:

No labels or anything?

Checking in. Still wigging it :yep: Been wearing the same style wig since Jan . When it starts to look ratty I just buy another one in the same style :lol:.

They really are grainy bathroom phone pics sorry! I just threw it back on for the pic

comic-p.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We appreciate it. that looks good on you. It actually looks like a style that one of my cousin's has in her hair at the moment. I like it.

You sure are cheesin'. Big old Chester Cheetah grin.:lachen:

*Whispering*

Ok Lady's this is Day 2 of me wearing the wig to work. Today is an in office day with alot of people. Yesterday, maybe 8 people.

Hair Sisters DID NOT come through with my order after two weeks. I drove to another BSS around the corner and found LAUREN :wallbash:. I am feeling SOOOOo.. I don't even know what to think. I am not sure why wearing a full sew in versus a Wig is bothering me, but I will shake it off.

I am going to attach some "Sneak-a-Peak" Pictures that I have been snapping at work. :lachen: I dont' know why this is funny because no one sits by me, but there is the long hall way that people SOMETIMES come down. So, I have to cheese and snap. I just realized I could go in the rest room :wallbash:.

Pray for Ms Goody. She touched.

Ok. I struggled with Lauren because I am NOT a stylist. I feel like she is sliding back or going to fall off. However, when I feel around everything is fine.

Tell me what you think.

Lauren in Color 2
Wait.. Why am I whispering??? *sigh*

Attachments

• 0308000802.jpg
    0308000802.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 0308000808a.jpg
    0308000808a.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 29
How are you going to come in with a wig look like you real hair and not know the name? Why do you hurt me so, you tease!! :lachen:

No labels or anything?

How do you think I feel? :lachen::lachen: It's a Bobbi Boss but I haven't seen anything like it online or in the BSS. It's two-toned also - 1b and some gold color I can't seem to match. :ohwell:

I clipped the bangs because they kept getting in my eyes. The ends are starting to get a little ratty so I'll trim them and deal with it until I get one similar.

It's so funny. The ushers at church didn't recognize me with this on. He kept trying to get me to fill out a visitors card.:lachen::lachen: He only knows me with wild twistouts.:lachen:

*Whispering*

Ok Lady's this is Day 2 of me wearing the wig to work. Today is an in office day with alot of people. Yesterday, maybe 8 people.

Hair Sisters DID NOT come through with my order after two weeks. I drove to another BSS around the corner and found LAUREN :wallbash:. I am feeling SOOOOo.. I don't even know what to think. I am not sure why wearing a full sew in versus a Wig is bothering me, but I will shake it off.

I am going to attach some "Sneak-a-Peak" Pictures that I have been snapping at work. :lachen: I dont' know why this is funny because no one sits by me, but there is the long hall way that people SOMETIMES come down. So, I have to cheese and snap. I just realized I could go in the rest room :wallbash:.

Pray for Ms Goody. She touched.

Ok. I struggled with Lauren because I am NOT a stylist. I feel like she is sliding back or going to fall off. However, when I feel around everything is fine.

Tell me what you think.

Lauren in Color 2
Wait.. Why am I whispering??? *sigh*

*whispering* you know your siggy and your wig look alike.:look:

How do you think I feel? :lachen::lachen: It's a Bobbi Boss but I haven't seen anything like it online or in the BSS. It's two-toned also - 1b and some gold color I can't seem to match. :ohwell:

I clipped the bangs because they kept getting in my eyes. The ends are starting to get a little ratty so I'll trim them and deal with it until I get one similar.

It's so funny. The ushers at church didn't recognize me with this on. He kept trying to get me to fill out a visitors card.:lachen::lachen: He only knows me with wild twistouts.:lachen:

*flashes LHCF Wig Investigation Badge* Synthetic or human? Shoulder length? Collarbone length? Layered or blunt?

Just askin. . . .:laugh:

What????

*looking*

Seriously, I LITERALLY didn't even think twice about it. It kinda doese, huh?

I know this is a stupid question, but How do you know if the wig fits correctly? I don't know if it is supposed to fit snug and move or just put it on and you can kind of turn it around. I adjust the straps in the bag and I am not hurting anywhere, just don't know if I am supposed to work the wig on and then it not move at all.

I Honestly appreciate all the support and help from you ladies. I know I am wig challenged, but in no time I will be a PRO!

*flashes LHCF Wig Investigation Badge* Synthetic or human? Shoulder length? Collarbone length? Layered or blunt?

Just askin. . . .:laugh:

Synthetic and subtle layers that frame the face. It's about BSL in back to a little below shoulder on the sides. There is a small center part behind the bangs.

Ok, just as I was planning a spring 'wig' shopping spree to get some big and bold hair - I found a BAG full of new wigs in the back of my closet!

Nothing is wrong with any of them - I just tend to wear similar length and color at one time.

Now I just need to pick one with bold highlights for Spring - either blond or auburn instead of my 'safe' brown...

Last edited:
Back