WIG CHALLENGE 2010

I think Carmen looks great on you...

As for taking out the shine, put a little cornstarch in your hands & smooth it over the wig..takes that plastic look away

Good Morning Ladies,

I have been reading and really excited. I have been stalking youtube videos on wigs and took the plunge. I ordered the Model Model Carmen and the Sensationel Lace Front Lauren, from hair sisters. I have been ordering from therer years and have never had a problem. I hadn't gotten to this thread before I made the order. I hope all goes well.

HOWEVER, I am nervous about wearing the wig. Now, I did wear full sew-in weaves for about 3 years with no problem. Now, this righ here..THIS RIGHT HERE...Is new!!! I have a fear that somehow the wig is going to fall or fly off. I only have to go into work two days a week and I always wear my phony pony and hairs is always twisted.

SO, I am attaching pics of Carmen. I LOVE HER, but I am not ready. I am going to have to do a couple of things before I am ready. Ride in my truck see how I feel. Go to my mothers house for her to REALLY tell me what it looks like. LOL. My co worker told me about Carmen and wore it to work on Tuseday, so I can not wear mine to work. *BLANK LOOK*

How do you take the shine out of the WIG? I do not like shiny wigs AT ALL because they look SUPER wiggish to me. I want to dull it out a little.

Please be honest with me ladies. Do I look crazy in Carmen?

Hi MsGoody

First, you look BEUTIFUL in Carmen!

Next, I understand the "IT MIGHT FALL OFF" fear but it is totally won't happen!

I've worn WIGS in windy weather, snow, rain with NO problems! I worked out, dancing, colored and vacationed in WIGS with NO problems! I drive a convertible and cruise the highway with the top down wearing WIGS with NO problems!

If you are truly concerned, you can add a few bobby pins! I wear regular BSS wigs - not glued or taped lace fronts. :yep: With the adjustment straps, combs, and extra bobby pins - even if someone tried to grab it off your head it would catch.

Last edited:
Thanks Ladies!!!

I really appreciate the honesty.

Have you all seen Lauren? I some how found it on youtube with Ateeya.

O
M
G

I have to have Lauren in my LIFE. I don't know why I ALWAYS pick the big stuff FIRST and ask question later.

I am going to attach Atteeya picture from the Blackhairspray.com site.

Her video had me SOLD.

Does anyone have it and willling to post a picture?

Attachments

• 13989209_101395_full.jpg
    13989209_101395_full.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 67
Ok, I "joined" this challenge a little late (name not included), but I'm coming in here with you ladies as I'll be wigging it up for most of the year.

I am making two purchases this evening: Carmen and Bali Girl. I was hesitant at first, as I thought I was jumping on a bandwagon. BUT, I ended up thinking, there's gotta be a reason why so many people like these two. And it looks different on everyone. So....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

And I definitely need an alternative to styling this mess I have on my head!

I'll definitely post pics tonight!

Thanks Ladies!!!

I really appreciate the honesty.

Have you all seen Lauren? I some how found it on youtube with Ateeya.

O
M
G

I have to have Lauren in my LIFE. I don't know why I ALWAYS pick the big stuff FIRST and ask question later.

I am going to attach Atteeya picture from the Blackhairspray.com site.

Her video had me SOLD.

Does anyone have it and willling to post a picture?

:lachen: funny I just saw this on Monday night and I want it so bad! Between wigs, the steamer,and joico iron yall ladies will have me broke!

:lachen: funny I just saw this on Monday night and I want it so bad! Between wigs, the steamer,and joico iron yall ladies will have me broke!

You will no regret the HAIR STEAMER - I has been my biggest buy (a recovering product junkie) since joining LHCF!

My natural hair is BUTTER after each session :grin:

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

I have been reading and really excited. I have been stalking youtube videos on wigs and took the plunge. I ordered the Model Model Carmen and the Sensationel Lace Front Lauren, from hair sisters. I have been ordering from therer years and have never had a problem. I hadn't gotten to this thread before I made the order. I hope all goes well.

HOWEVER, I am nervous about wearing the wig. Now, I did wear full sew-in weaves for about 3 years with no problem. Now, this righ here..THIS RIGHT HERE...Is new!!! I have a fear that somehow the wig is going to fall or fly off. I only have to go into work two days a week and I always wear my phony pony and hairs is always twisted.

SO, I am attaching pics of Carmen. I LOVE HER, but I am not ready. I am going to have to do a couple of things before I am ready. Ride in my truck see how I feel. Go to my mothers house for her to REALLY tell me what it looks like. LOL. My co worker told me about Carmen and wore it to work on Tuseday, so I can not wear mine to work. *BLANK LOOK*

How do you take the shine out of the WIG? I do not like shiny wigs AT ALL because they look SUPER wiggish to me. I want to dull it out a little.

Please be honest with me ladies. Do I look crazy in Carmen?

I think Carmen looks great on you! If I saw your picture without being told it was a wig, I NEVER would have guessed it.

Has anyone bought any wigs from rockeytrading.com yet? I just bought 8 Sensationnel 1/2 wigs, 2 Sensationnel ponys, and 1 Sensationnel lace front for $111. This site is going to be my go-to site for ordering wigs from now on b/c I'm going to be doing this challenge for a long time.

Update: I've been wearing the HZ-7037 by Sensationnel and I LOVE It. No pics yet. But will take pics of them ALL when I get my order.

Also...I have a big head so I don't know yet if the lace front will even fit. If it doesn't or I can't make it work by turning it into a 1/2 wig, then I'd be happy to pass it on to someone less Dometastic than myself lol

Anyone else receive an order from Rocky trading co?
pictures please...
:drunk:

I am checking in!! I am thinking about ordering one or both of these:
EVONY_M.jpg

salma.jpg
Is the first one Polly?

Those look nice on you.
Checking! Still wigging. You know my friends from high school actually thought Tammy & Yasmine was my real hair. I understand why because that's what my hair looks like when it was long, but geez. I was like people you just saw pics of me from November. I mean my hair grows fast but not that fast. :lachen:

Tammy
2yosbdc.jpg

Yasmine
2yla2bo.jpg
:lachen:

I am still wearing Bali Girl, I dont know when Im going to give her up LOL
I still have Mariah up in the closet waiting in line.....

I am still wearing Bali Girl, I dont know when Im going to give her up LOL
I still have Mariah up in the closet waiting in line.....

How long have you been wearing Bali Girl?
She's next for me but I was trying to wait on her till I could catch another sale. gotta have a new back up, ya know.

I chopped off 3-4 inches from Sabina the other day and DH loved it.

How long have you been wearing Bali Girl?
She's next for me but I was trying to wait on her till I could catch another sale. gotta have a new back up, ya know.

I chopped off 3-4 inches from Sabina the other day and DH loved it.

On and off for close to 2 months I think. I mainly wear here with beanies now and just have the bangs out.

Received motown tress "chi" wig. A couple of observations:

*Apparently the Motown Tress marketing team got confused over which wig was which, because it really doesn't look like the picture. At all.

*I have a huge head. I just need to accept this. Oscar K has a line for cranial prominent individuals as myself.

Oh and y'all aint' seeing a picture. :nono:

Received motown tress "chi" wig. A couple of observations:

*Apparently the Motown Tress marketing team got confused over which wig was which, because it really doesn't look like the picture. At all.

*I have a huge head. I just need to accept this. Oscar K has a line for cranial prominent individuals as myself.

Oh and y'all aint' seeing a picture. :nono:

Lady Speedstick I feel your pain! I wanted to try the Lacefront Wigs for the first time to give my hair a rest. Well I went to the BSS and there was a cute one on this itty bitty head (I should have know better) :wallbash: by Beverly Johnson called Queenie. I have a big ole head but since it came in only one size I felt that it should fit me right? Wrong :nono:. I bought it at the BSS and of course they do not let you return anything. Took it home and worked with it. It has a stretch cap to it but I will never do this again because it does not fit all the way on my head. See below (hope these come out). Hey but it will do until I get my new baby in that I ordered from LovemyLaceFrontWig.com. And this time it is a LARGE. :lachen:

Attachments

• DSCN0325.JPG
    DSCN0325.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN0326.JPG
    DSCN0326.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 37
Uhhh.. WOW

This LOOKS GREAT!!!!

I can't see ANYTHING...

You wear that thang with PRIDE!!!

Thank you! It feels pretty snug but the snugness reassures me that the thing is still on my head. :grin: Can't wait for my new one to come in. This Lace wig thing is kinda addictive. I will post pics when I get it.

Thanks again.

ladies, i can't believe how difficult im finding this challenge :cry2: I keep taking my wig off and playing in my hair and of course i wind up causing MAJOR breakage each time :nono:

my main problem is that i don't like the feeling of the wig on my head. it just feels so uncomfortable.

did any of you feel this way when you first started wiggin it?

ladies, i can't believe how difficult im finding this challenge :cry2: I keep taking my wig off and playing in my hair and of course i wind up causing MAJOR breakage each time :nono:

my main problem is that i don't like the feeling of the wig on my head. it just feels so uncomfortable.

did any of you feel this way when you first started wiggin it?

when you take it off just keep it under a scarf. I know what you mean, I love playing in my new growth but not at the expense at a setback. I never touch my hair in between wash days unless it to moisturize and seal

Still wiggin it, i think i may be addicted.. I cant stay off of the websites ordering wigs.. I just ordered 4 more.. freetress lf keyshia, halle, salma, and angelina.. all for less than 105dollars. you cant beat this, lol and my hair is thriving underneath.. thank goodness cause the setback in jan had me worried

Back