WIG CHALLENGE 2010

They have charged my card but a week later there is not even a note on my account that I made a purchase, much less a tracking number or delivery estimate date.

Now they are going and planting fake reviews in there, and deleting unfavorable reviews. SMFH. Without objectivity, that section is worthless :imo:

:grin: Thank you ma'am! Yeah, the secret is to cornrow your hair like you were doing a sew-in. Beehive works best for me, some folks like straight back with a horizontal braid or two at the nape.

I spent $50 on a synthetic lacefront last year, and there was no way in this world I was getting it to fit on my dome. :nono: I still have it, sitting in a damm box. :nono: I just can't do those wigs.

For big headed/thick haired ladies, I find the Sensationnel has the most generous cap size. :yep:

Which wig is it? :sekret:

Ladies who cornrow under your wigs, how long do you keep the cornrows in?

Did you ladies experience a lot of growth/retention so far with wigs? I am starting my wig reggie on March 1st.

All my growth comes from wigs because i keep my hair braided up for 4+ weeks. Low manipulation

Here are pics of the lacefront that never fit me :cry3: I tried that sucker on and nearly cried. It just was not going to fit.

ETA: It's not nearly as long as it looks in the picture... my hair is actually longer than the wig.

Attachments

• Lycra_lacefront.jpg
    Lycra_lacefront.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Lycra_lacefront2.jpg
    Lycra_lacefront2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 24
I really wanted to join this challenge but I guess it is too late. :sad: But, I will follow along with you all.

Its soooo hard for me to keep my hands out of my hair. But I am going to be a good girl and keep my cornrows in for at least 4 weeks. I have been making my own wig and will be making my next one first tomorrow. I will be sure to post pics!

Last edited:
has anyone ordered from gobunnys.com? I love those 2 wigs but in light of recent scandals with wig companies I'm scared to order

I debuted JoJo today!! She is a cutie! So I am 3 for 3 on the wigs I purchased from Hairsisters!! Cleopatra, JoJo, and BaliGirl were all winners!!!

Ooooh, thanks for adding me in for 2010 CD. I had taken a short break and I have been wearing my wigs for the entire 2 months.

^^^ Synthetic wigs tangle. It happens. If you comb her out and then dip her a fabric softener/water mixture, she should be less tangly for a while at least. Don't know if you want to go through all that for Bali girl, though, as that wig sucks!

Heck I dont wanna go through that with ANY wig LOL....:nono:

Where did you get her from?
You can get La Jay here for $27.99
VNS_LAjay.jpg

i love this thread!!! You ladies taught me about Tammy and many others. Now, I have quite a few wigs and the only wig that looks good on me is Tammy. After reading thousands of reviews on Bali girl I took the plunge and ordered her and she gives me a cone head! She looks horrible - really horrible... I just dont understand why... I think I am going to stick with Tammy for the next few years.

I was thinking about your statement and realized that everyone's head and face shapes are different. I was just in the wig shop earlier this week and tried on a wig that the girl next to me loved. It looked good on me, did nothing for her. I have a round face she had a heart shaped face.

I was going to post this as a seperate thread, but it's probably best if I stick it in here. What do you guys think of this wig. I have fat, round, pumpkin face if that means anything.

yhst-2519492840586_2087_895324690

Hi LadyS, what is the name of this wig and where can I find it? This is gorgeous and I can certainly see myself wearing it:yep:.

Hi LadyS, what is the name of this wig and where can I find it? This is gorgeous and I can certainly see myself wearing it:yep:.

Tori by Bobbi Boss. Golden Mart Beauty Supply has it for $34.99 http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/bobom4to.html Mountain Beauty Supply has it for $31.99 http://www.mountainbeautysupply.com/_e/Short_Wigs/product/DCTORI/Bobbi_Boss_Synthetic_Wig_TORI_M447_.htm I've never bought from them so I can't vouch.

If you buy it, by the laws of the Wig Challenge 2010 thread, you have to send me a pic. And yes, I just made that law up. :laugh:

This is the half wig which I have been wearing.
yhst-2519492840586_2093_855104449

I have had it for over 3 months now! The hair is still very very soft on the top and in the middle, but the ends started looking raggedy so I braided, and dipped it in very hot (pretty much boiling) water, then I put white rain ($1 @ walmart) mousse on it, and let it dry over night.... and voila!

picture.php

picture.php

I was thinking about your statement and realized that everyone's head and face shapes are different. I was just in the wig shop earlier this week and tried on a wig that the girl next to me loved. It looked good on me, did nothing for her. I have a round face she had a heart shaped face.

same here....bali girl have alot of layers that get on my nerves... but it doesnt make my head look funny... i have a big apple head, almost all th wigs fit:drunk: on my dome.

I never got around to posting my pics of the wigs I got.

New Born Free MLP 06 1B/30 Comes to MBL on me (I'm 5'1). I can't really part it but I love the curls
0205001225.jpg

cp1_0205001237a.jpg

cp1_0205001233.jpg

New Born Free ML 55 1B/30 comes to BSL on me
0205001154.jpg

0205001148a.jpg

0205001143.jpg

yes I know I have a wonky eye

Outre Tia 1B comes to APL. It reminds me of a braidout. I usually wear this clipped up. You can part it anywhere in the front
cp1_0205001216.jpg

I'm just gonna stick with the wigs I got... I can't be bothered to have to go through a federal case to get some more. (after the hairsisters drama SMDH)

I guess I fail this challenge, as I am currently braiding my hair up for a weave right now. Having access to it is making me fuss with my hair too much. Plus I have some hectic life circumstances that just popped up this week, and I will not have the time to mess with my head at all. I'm hoping a sew-in will let me keep my hair off my mind for a while.

I never got around to posting my pics of the wigs I got.

New Born Free MLP 06 1B/30 Comes to MBL on me (I'm 5'1). I can't really part it but I love the curls
0205001225.jpg

cp1_0205001237a.jpg

cp1_0205001233.jpg

New Born Free ML 55 1B/30 comes to BSL on me
0205001154.jpg

0205001148a.jpg

0205001143.jpg

yes I know I have a wonky eye

Outre Tia 1B comes to APL. It reminds me of a braidout. I usually wear this clipped up. You can part it anywhere in the front
cp1_0205001216.jpg

Your hair looks great. BUT...what is up with that video on the end!

Back