WIG CHALLENGE 2010

The 1st one is Coconut Girl by FreeTress ( I used the really small perm rods in the front as suggested by muffinismylovers on youtube to help blend the front)

The 2nd one is Marbella girl by Freetress. I have been wearing her all week and I really like her a lot.

Both look very nice!

The 1st one is Coconut Girl by FreeTress ( I used the really small perm rods in the front as suggested by muffinismylovers on youtube to help blend the front)

The 2nd one is Marbella girl by Freetress. I have been wearing her all week and I really like her a lot.

they both are cute, but "coconut girl" is my fave ... niiiiiice!

Where did you get her from?
At a local bss. Haven't been able to find it online. If memory serves me correctly, Beverly Johnson has a similar style.

ETA: It's Beverley Johnson HW30. As usual, the pic doesn't do it justice, but she'll look just like La Jay with time.
t_17160.jpg

Last edited:
This is a really insprirng thread. I am thinking of doing this from March when I take dwon my sew-in. I have retained a lot of growth with sew-ins but my edges have suffered a bit.

I am thinking of doing small cornrows under the wig for 3 weeks at a time. I will wash and condition every 3-4 days in the cornrows. Do you think this reggie would work?
I am hoping for APL by June 2010

PS: I bought two of these: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/ViewDetail.php?product_id=7846&intName1=product_brand&intValue1=1&intName2=product_view_count&intValue2=5&intName3=&intValue3=&intName4=&intValue4=&sortName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=title

At a local bss. Haven't been able to find it online. If memory serves me correctly, Beverly Johnson has a similar style.

ETA: It's Beverley Johnson HW30. As usual, the pic doesn't do it justice, but she'll look just like La Jay with time.
t_17160.jpg
Do they still carry them at your local BSS? I want La Jay now, not 3 weeks later LOL.

This is a really insprirng thread. I am thinking of doing this from March when I take dwon my sew-in. I have retained a lot of growth with sew-ins but my edges have suffered a bit.

I am thinking of doing small cornrows under the wig for 3 weeks at a time. I will wash and condition every 3-4 days in the cornrows. Do you think this reggie would work?
I am hoping for APL by June 2010

PS: I bought two of these: http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=title

Yeah, I think that reggie will work great. That's pretty much what I did all last year. My advice: cornrow in a beehive, not going straight back. If you go straight back you'll need to flip the ends up, which may damage your nape. I ripped all my nape hair out over the course of a few months doing that :cry3: Now my nape is only collar bone length, as opposed to the rest of my head :nono:

Today I dug in some old boxes of wigs and pulled out some wigs that I hadn't worn in ages. I washed them and dipped them in fabric softener solution. Now they are drying, and after they are dry I'll comb them out.

I :love: wigs!!!!

My wigs from Savebeauty came today. I got Genova Girl and New York Girl. The idea was that Genova was a half wig, but the box says fullcap and it has bangs and everything... sure fits like a full wig, even on my jumbo dome.

New York Girl is very classy and understated, perfect for wearing to an office job.

The two wigs actually look very very similar to each other in real life... good thing I got NY girl in a 1b/30 and Genova in a 1b... which looks more like a 2 :imo:

Had to chuck out some old ratty chewed up wigs. Why is it that the Shake-n-go wigs last the least amount of time? Those wigs look like I ran over them with my car a couple times, even after the fabric softener treatment. :nono:

Duh! I forgot to put the pics... I don't have pics of me in them just yet.

Attachments

• GenovaGirl.gif
    GenovaGirl.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 12
  • NewYorkGirl.gif
    NewYorkGirl.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
MrsdeReyes - I've been stalking kimora for two weeks now...only thing stopping me is that I have a big head and lots of hair. is the wig cap large? all the lacefronts ive seen at the BSS have wigcaps so small I can barely even get them on.

I have Bali girl too and I haaaate it. It still looks silky new because I rarely wear it. It's too shiny, fake looking, it's so annoy how the hair falls and pokes me in my eye. I hate it with a passion.

I'm currently wearing the Beverly Johnson Kimora while I wait for my new Mimi's to arrive. Here are some pics!

Please ignore my smudged mascara
15f3per.jpg

In Santo Domingo (showing of my shoe purchase)
23w1v7o.jpg

ms_b_haven06

Tammy is most definately a braid out. its not curly at all just wavy/crimped

I thought Tammy was a braidout?

My advice: cornrow in a beehive, not going straight back. If you go straight back you'll need to flip the ends up, which may damage your nape. I ripped all my nape hair out over the course of a few months doing that :cry3: Now my nape is only collar bone length, as opposed to the rest of my head :nono:

i'm sorry that happened to you. i always braid back but i protect my nape with a horizontal braid. my kitchen is very long. doing a nape braid this way is just a good as a beehive if you have to braid yourself. :yep:

see tut: http://kisforkinky.blogspot.com/2008/08/natural-gurl-mook.html

OHHHH please add me!!!! I will wear tammy for the next three yrs... The only cheap wig that looks good on me... I've been wearing a wig since 1/15/10 and I will continue to I love her!!!

I am still on deck.... Wearing my half wigs .... right now I am wearing a couple I bought from the swap mall until I can purchase some from hair sisters... I will post pics when I get my new girls in the mail....lol

i'm sorry that happened to you. i always braid back but i protect my nape with a horizontal braid. my kitchen is very long. doing a nape braid this way is just a good as a beehive if you have to braid yourself. :yep:

see tut: http://kisforkinky.blogspot.com/2008/08/natural-gurl-mook.html

Yeah, putting a horizontal braid across the bottom row or two can save you from my fate. It's a good alternative to the beehive. I guess because my braids are getting a bit long nowadays, the beehive works better. I don't have to chase the "tails" and corral them all :lol:

I just wanted to put that out there, not only for you (sounds like your hair is doing great :up:) but for others in the challenge and lurkers as well. :yep:

This week I finally tried two of the three wigs I bought! Sunday and Monday and Tuesday I wore Baligirl which I liked a lot! And today I whipped out Cleopatra and people went crazy!! Everyone loved the wig and gave me hella compliments (even men LMAO)--some people said I looked Beyoncesque (I dont)--but then a conversation was had and they all agreed that I looked like a little Naomi Campbell ( I wish! but I dont) ---I think she has worn a wig like this before though--I will say though this 2 is a little lighter than my other 2s and has some red/mahaghony undertones

Started wearing my wig today...Ashanti China Bang by Euro Collection...I can't just wear a wig like that and wear mines with a winter hat.

I am currently in a half wig
My starting length is very uneven nl
I am currently 12 weeks post relaxer
My regimen:
Daily -
Moisterize w/ Elasta QP mango Butter or Scurl , Seal With tea tree oil
Pin ends under, place plastic cap on top (baggy)
Half wig

Every 2-3 days -
Cowash with suave humectant
air dry / apply HE LTR leav-in

1x per week
Deep Condition with Aussie 3 min

I still haven't found a regimen that is perfect for me (but I also haven't been to most consistent person), is there any thing I could add/subtract/ do differently that may improve my overall results?? ty :]

What do you mean LadyPaniolo?
I am starting to dislike hairsisters!!! I sent them an email about the discrepancy with the price of Tammy three days ago and have not received a response. On the home page it advertises that the price of all outre wigs (1/2 wigs) are 15.99 but when you click on Tammy it is 16.99. SMH... The sad thing is I am about to purchase 12 additional Tammy's :(.... Sigh...

Also, one of the Tammy's I purchased last week packaging was ripped and torn - the wig was fine thu...

BUMP... anybody else getting hosed by Hairsisters?

I have never been hosed by them. But I have noticed their shipping times steadily increase over time. More and more I find myself not buying from them unless I have to. Who wants to wait 2 weeks for a d*** wig? I have to admit I like the user reviews on there and how you can get the 911-but other than that, no thanks. I am not sure what happened to them because their service used to be good.

What do you mean LadyPaniolo?
I am starting to dislike hairsisters!!! I sent them an email about the discrepancy with the price of Tammy three days ago and have not received a response. On the home page it advertises that the price of all outre wigs (1/2 wigs) are 15.99 but when you click on Tammy it is 16.99. SMH... The sad thing is I am about to purchase 12 additional Tammy's :(.... Sigh...

Also, one of the Tammy's I purchased last week packaging was ripped and torn - the wig was fine thu...

BUMP... anybody else getting hosed by Hairsisters?

My rant about them is on page 11 of this thread #213
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=426986&page=11

MrsdeReyes - I've been stalking kimora for two weeks now...only thing stopping me is that I have a big head and lots of hair. is the wig cap large? all the lacefronts ive seen at the BSS have wigcaps so small I can barely even get them on.

ms_b_haven06

Tammy is most definately a braid out. its not curly at all just wavy/crimped

My head is pretty big and it fits me- but then again, I don't have lots of hair. I think that's easily solved by braiding it down. LadyPaniolo is able to fit her hair under her wigs so I know it can be done.

One thing though, lace wigs never have a long enough lace panel for me. The ear tabs NEVER reach my ears. Like I said I have a big head. :lol:

Back