WIG CHALLENGE 2010

What do you mean LadyPaniolo?
I am starting to dislike hairsisters!!! I sent them an email about the discrepancy with the price of Tammy three days ago and have not received a response. On the home page it advertises that the price of all outre wigs (1/2 wigs) are 15.99 but when you click on Tammy it is 16.99. SMH... The sad thing is I am about to purchase 12 additional Tammy's :(.... Sigh...

Also, one of the Tammy's I purchased last week packaging was ripped and torn - the wig was fine thu...

They have charged my card but a week later there is not even a note on my account that I made a purchase, much less a tracking number or delivery estimate date.

I have never been hosed by them. But I have noticed their shipping times steadily increase over time. More and more I find myself not buying from them unless I have to. Who wants to wait 2 weeks for a d*** wig? I have to admit I like the user reviews on there and how you can get the 911-but other than that, no thanks. I am not sure what happened to them because their service used to be good.

Now they are going and planting fake reviews in there, and deleting unfavorable reviews. SMFH. Without objectivity, that section is worthless :imo:

My head is pretty big and it fits me- but then again, I don't have lots of hair. I think that's easily solved by braiding it down. LadyPaniolo is able to fit her hair under her wigs so I know it can be done.

One thing though, lace wigs never have a long enough lace panel for me. The ear tabs NEVER reach my ears. Like I said I have a big head. :lol:

:grin: Thank you ma'am! Yeah, the secret is to cornrow your hair like you were doing a sew-in. Beehive works best for me, some folks like straight back with a horizontal braid or two at the nape.

I spent $50 on a synthetic lacefront last year, and there was no way in this world I was getting it to fit on my dome. :nono: I still have it, sitting in a damm box. :nono: I just can't do those wigs.

For big headed/thick haired ladies, I find the Sensationnel has the most generous cap size. :yep:

I want more wigs, more more more!!!!

Wearing my Synthetic Bun right now. :D

I love my hair in a bag, AHHHH! the convenience of it is amazing. I have been doing this for years and the excitement hasn't wore off just yet!!!

Hi ladies,

I wanted to know does anyone have the "Spike" wig by "It's a wig!". I just ordered this wig and I really wanted to see what it looks like on a person vs. a mannequin. Thanks!
yhst-2519492840586_2088_9958760

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I wanted to know does anyone have the "Spike" wig by "It's a wig!". I just ordered this wig and I really wanted to see what it looks like on a person vs. a mannequin. Thanks!
yhst-2519492840586_2088_9958760

Cute wig! I've been tempted to try "It's a wig" but I still have 3 new wigs I haven't worn yet.

Oh, I can understand wanting to see Spike on a real person first! That wig looks like it could look really chic or an utter HAM... better to find out before spending any :dollar:

Oh, I can understand wanting to see Spike on a real person first! That wig looks like it could look really chic or an utter HAM... better to find out before spending any :dollar:

TOO LATE:lachen::lachen::lachen:. I already ordered it in a 2, LOL. I guess I'll just have to cross my fingers.

hey ladies, please let me know what you think of my plan.

i actually have a whole process planned out for this wig challenge and will be changing styles along the way. please give my our true opinions please if you think this is a good plan of styles.

i created a whole blog post around it with pics. :drunk: please let me know what you think.

summer hair 2010

Wow, you really do have a detailed plan. Sounds great. Myself, I can never stick to long rigid plans like that, but if you can, have at it! So you should reach your goal of BSL by summer, huh?

hey ladies, please let me know what you think of my plan.

i actually have a whole process planned out for this wig challenge and will be changing styles along the way. please give my our true opinions please if you think this is a good plan of styles.

i created a whole blog post around it with pics. :drunk: please let me know what you think.

summer hair 2010

The styles look FIERCE...I would luve to find a "halle" wig that looks good on me...Short wigs look funnny on my head :nono:

Wearing Tammy.

Attachments

• sherlene hair 064.jpg
    sherlene hair 064.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 52
  • sherlene hair 065.jpg
    sherlene hair 065.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 51
  • sherlene hair 066.jpg
    sherlene hair 066.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 63
  • sherlene hair 067.jpg
    sherlene hair 067.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 55
Ok...I'm on a wig kick right now...I bought two Sensationel Instant Weave Total Cap wigs...I forgot the exact numbers...But I love them as protective stylin because I can wash moisturize and deep condition whenever. I :love: this challenge.

ETA: These are the three wigs I purchased in the last two weeks for this challenge..the models dont do the hair justice, but ima work em! I never wear my wigs without a hat...maybe I need adjustment...but anywho...

This one I brushed the curls out so its big and flowy...love it
382066780.jpg

Sensationnel Total Instant Weave A025

I dont wear this one with the curls spread out like her
382066778.jpg

Sensationnel Total Instant Weave A018

You want the china bangs without the sacrifice...here she is!
382066777.jpg

This is Ashanti by the Euro Collection-China Bang Series

Last edited:
Wow, you really do have a detailed plan. Sounds great. Myself, I can never stick to long rigid plans like that, but if you can, have at it! So you should reach your goal of BSL by summer, huh?

girl, i hope so! i have been apl for the last year because of single strand knots and trims. once i get to that length. i'm good.

and i get tired of looks/wigs quick so that's why i HAVE to change it up. if i don't i will snatch that thing off and fail at this challenge. :nono:

and i love your hair!! :grin:

I've been wearing the Cleopatra all week and moisturizing my scalp and hair...I think I may retire this for this week though and wear another one next week--maybe the JoJo

ms_b_haven06

Tammy is most definately a braid out. its not curly at all just wavy/crimped

Oh well the wig that I posted is like a spiral curl set, so Tammy wont be a match, but I will look into getting her cause I would love to rock a braid out.

I dont know what the heck I did to Bali Girl but she is starting to tangle in the back a bit. I wore her in a bun the last day I wore her....Imma steal my moms winter crochet beany thing and where it on the back half until I am done with her. I will still be getting pics up since I did cut her bang.

^^^ Synthetic wigs tangle. It happens. If you comb her out and then dip her a fabric softener/water mixture, she should be less tangly for a while at least. Don't know if you want to go through all that for Bali girl, though, as that wig sucks!

I was going to post this as a seperate thread, but it's probably best if I stick it in here. What do you guys think of this wig. I have fat, round, pumpkin face if that means anything.

yhst-2519492840586_2087_895324690

^^^ Synthetic wigs tangle. It happens. If you comb her out and then dip her a fabric softener/water mixture, she should be less tangly for a while at least. Don't know if you want to go through all that for Bali girl, though, as that wig sucks!

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I hate Bali Girl too, but I want to wear it so I don't waste Money, I need to cute her like MsB Did, But I totally don't like her out of the bag.

Hello! I'm new to the challenge!!!

I have been half-wigging for a week and I must say I'm loving it. I can protect my hair while still looking put together. It gives me the freedom to baggy or DC so I really love that aspect. I can also leave my hair alone during the growing out stage. I also like the fact that I can still have access to my own hair which is something you can't do with protective styles like braids or weaves. Anyhoo, I have talked enough. I hope to learn a lot from you ladies and grow some hair in the process.

^^ Hey! Another wig convert joins the ranks :lachen: I too love the convenient and unimpeded access to my hair. You can DC or whatever you want without messing up the style.

Ladies who cornrow under your wigs, how long do you keep the cornrows in?

Did you ladies experience a lot of growth/retention so far with wigs? I am starting my wig reggie on March 1st.

Yay- glad to see we have some new challengers. Just checking in, I washed today and DC'd with a nice half moisture half protein combo. Rocking my fav Motown LG 28.

Ladies who cornrow under your wigs, how long do you keep the cornrows in?

Did you ladies experience a lot of growth/retention so far with wigs? I am starting my wig reggie on March 1st.

I keep my cornrows in for 3 or 4 weeks. Sometimes less... like I just took mine down after only a week because I wanted to henna and indigo again tonight. I'm going to try banding my hair and see what a band-out looks like on my hair.

I've grown and retained very well with wigs.

I keep my cornrows in for 3 or 4 weeks. Sometimes less... like I just took mine down after only a week because I wanted to henna and indigo again tonight. I'm going to try banding my hair and see what a band-out looks like on my hair.

I've grown and retained very well with wigs.

Me too! I just started keeping my cornrows in for 4 weeks as part of my super low-mani goal and I retain a ton of growth!

I used re-braid 2x per week - now I just wash, deep conidition and steam with my cornrows in place. No one sees them, so it doesn't matter how messy they get.

Back