WIG CHALLENGE 2010

Nevermind, I jusw went back to read which one in the original post. I just googled the brand and it looks 10x better on you than the wig model.

i love this thread!!! You ladies taught me about Tammy and many others. Now, I have quite a few wigs and the only wig that looks good on me is Tammy. After reading thousands of reviews on Bali girl I took the plunge and ordered her and she gives me a cone head! She looks horrible - really horrible... I just dont understand why... I think I am going to stick with Tammy for the next few years.

Oh man... Bali Girl is the ugliest wig I have ever bought. I mean, really. I put it on my head and I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. It was atrocious. I admire ladies who are trying to work with it... it was just NOT happening for me. I still have that sucker sitting in a box. It will NOT be going on my head anytime soon.

I've been wearing my wig whenever I leave the house. The one I've been wearing so much that DH and I simply refer to it as "my/your wig" though I own like 15 wigs, lol, is Java Girl. ETA: Can you imagine the looks I'm going to get in my neighborhood when folks see me with my hair out!?! They have seen me wearing Java Girl for like a year lol.

Attachments

• Java_girl.gif
    Java_girl.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 16
First time checking in but I just came back from vacation. I am happy to say that I'm still wigging it. Yesterday I ordered 2 more Carefree Mimi's (my favourite wig). I am currently rocking BJ's Kimora lf in 1b.

Carefree's Mimi
16c2zhh.jpg

I'll have to come back to add a pic of Kimora later (it's still on my cam)

omg i love it where did u get it from?

Oh man... Bali Girl is the ugliest wig I have ever bought. I mean, really. I put it on my head and I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. It was atrocious. I admire ladies who are trying to work with it... it was just NOT happening for me. I still have that sucker sitting in a box. It will NOT be going on my head anytime soon.

I've been wearing my wig whenever I leave the house. The one I've been wearing so much that DH and I simply refer to it as "my/your wig" though I own like 15 wigs, lol, is Java Girl. ETA: Can you imagine the looks I'm going to get in my neighborhood when folks see me with my hair out!?! They have seen me wearing Java Girl for like a year lol.

LMBO - I thought I was the only one that struck out with Bali girl!!!! Is that JAVA girl she is beautiful!!!! OMG!!! I am going to stick with TAMMY!!!! I am so mad Bali girl didn't work out... Wow!!! When people see your hair they are definitely going to "root you" (or want to)...

omg i love it where did u get it from?

Thanks! :grin: I never would have gotten it based on that picture. I found it on Luxurius Hair Boutique website (although I've re-ordered from a different site that was cheaper). LHB has it on a mannequin and I couldn't resist it.

http://www.lhboutique.com/Care-Free-Lace-Front-Wig-Mimi-p/cfmimi.htm

Thanks MizzBrit! I included a link in my earlier post (sorry for quoting myself) for where I originally found it. I re-purchased it recently at http://www.ebonyline.com/al10533.html I've never ordered from this place before so I'm taking a chance to save some money.

HTH ;)

LMBO - I thought I was the only one that struck out with Bali girl!!!! Is that JAVA girl she is beautiful!!!! OMG!!! I am going to stick with TAMMY!!!! I am so mad Bali girl didn't work out... Wow!!! When people see your hair they are definitely going to "root you" (or want to)...

I have Bali girl too and I haaaate it. It still looks silky new because I rarely wear it. It's too shiny, fake looking, it's so annoy how the hair falls and pokes me in my eye. I hate it with a passion.

I'm currently wearing the Beverly Johnson Kimora while I wait for my new Mimi's to arrive. Here are some pics!

Please ignore my smudged mascara
15f3per.jpg

In Santo Domingo (showing of my shoe purchase)
23w1v7o.jpg

to get rid of the "conehead" effect on a wig, just spray some oil sheen on the top and turn it inside out for a couple days on a wig stand or mannequin and it should be gone. HTH

I'm so upset with myself. I just placed an order on BHS for "Tammy" and the cost w/S&H as $26.21. After placing the order I when on to HairSisters just to check their price and sure nuff it would've cost me $5. less there. Oh well, damage is done. I can't wait to get it. I've been hearing nothing, but great reviews about "Tammy". I just hope he looks good on me.

Hey! I just went to Hairsisters to buy Tammy and they didn't have any (Grrrrr.....) so I ended up buying a half wig and a full wig from Savebeauty. I was too salty that HS didn't have it, and now I hear that they DO? I guess their ghetto arse search engine wasn't firing right.

ETA: so I just went to Hairsisters and bought Tammy, along with 4 other wigs/half wigs! :blush: Don't tell DH! :sekret:

Last edited:
I love that smiley. :lachen:

ETA: My cousin and I. She's on the left wearing "Angie" by Eve, and I'm wearing "La Jay" by Vanessa Express Weave. Neither of us left our hair out, we simply slicked down our hairline with elasta qp glaze, secured our wigs and were on our way.
Where did you get her from?

This is Bali Girl before I cut the bangs.....The pics are crappy bc I used my camera phone.

Attachments

• 2010-01-12_13.47.15[1].jpg
    2010-01-12_13.47.15[1].jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 2010-01-12_13.47.40[1].jpg
    2010-01-12_13.47.40[1].jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2010-01-12_14.46.52[1].jpg
    2010-01-12_14.46.52[1].jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Do you ladies know anything similar to this?

Attachments

• nicole1-vi.jpg
    nicole1-vi.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 25
  • nicole2-vi.jpg
    nicole2-vi.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 25
  • nicole5-vi.jpg
    nicole5-vi.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Just checking in. Still wiggin it. Gave my wig a super short cut so now it looks almost identical to my hair in my siggy. Couldn't deal with the curls swangin' all over the place LOL.

Hey Ladies just checking in

I have been wigging for a about a month now an I am loving how easy the whole process is. ( I think it's going to make even lazier lol) I am hoping that by doing this and using a daily moisturizer combined with castor and coconut oils that I can help my ends out. I am going to get a few inchs trimmed off in a week or so (for graduation yay!!!! sorry had to throw that in there lol) and I am hoping that my new wig reggie will help me to maintain my ends and help with retention.

Here are a few pictures of the wigs I have been wearing. I posted these (plus more) over in the half wig gallery thread as well so if these are a repeat for some of you sorry.

The 1st one is Kendis by Outre. The 2nd one is Shakra by Outre

Attachments

• kendis 1.jpg
    kendis 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Kendis 2.jpg
    Kendis 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Shakra profile.jpg
    Shakra profile.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 32
  • shakra 1.jpg
    shakra 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Shakra 3.jpg
    Shakra 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 32
The 1st one is Coconut Girl by FreeTress ( I used the really small perm rods in the front as suggested by muffinismylovers on youtube to help blend the front)

The 2nd one is Marbella girl by Freetress. I have been wearing her all week and I really like her a lot.

Attachments

• Coconut girl 4.jpg
    Coconut girl 4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 50
  • coconut girl 3.jpg
    coconut girl 3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Marbella Girl 2.jpg
    Marbella Girl 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Marbella 4.jpg
    Marbella 4.jpg