Why are only old men interested in me?

inthepink

Seems like only men 45 and older are interested in me. Why? I look young for my age. Most people think I'm in my 20s (I'm 36), yet no one even cares to give me the time of day except old men. Why?

Anyone else have this problem? I am not interested in older men. Someone up to the age of 40 and they'd better be young looking. I just can't see myself with someone who looks old b/c I don't look old and nor do I feel old. I don't want to look like someone's daughter. I know it's not all about appearances but I hope you know what I mean. I want one near my age! :wallbash:

Seems like only men 45 and older are interested in me. Why? I look young for my age. Most people think I'm in my 20s (I'm 36), yet no one even cares to give me the time of day except old men. Why?

Anyone else have this problem? I am not interested in older men. Someone up to the age of 40 and they'd better be young looking. I just can't see myself with someone who looks old b/c I don't look old and nor do I feel old. I don't want to look like someone's daughter. I know it's not all about appearances but I hope you know what I mean. I want one near my age! :wallbash:

That's normal.

Older men always want younger women and they're always gonna try and see if they get lucky.

Just keep it moving... :)

I get that all the time too. They're shocked when they find out I'm 28. I have no problems with older guys, but if they're broke, out of shape, on drugs, have a bunch of kids/baby mamas, and look like they can be my dad, then they can forget about it. Guys my age assume I'm younger then I am too and think I'll be impressed by how old they are. But when they realize we're the same age, they lose interest. I lose interest too when I discover they're broke with nothing going on. Younger guys don't approach me at all. Girls their age wear tight, revealing clothes, so I'm no match for that. But I don't want anyone that young anyway.

Just hold out for what you like.

Guys in the age group you're looking for might want someone younger:perplexed.

I can understand, though, how you would want someone closer to your age. There's nothing wrong with that.

I know - I just hate it! It sucks when you get 20 message notifications and 98.694% are men over 45! Uggh. :wallbash:

Girl, I feel ya. Same thing happens to me online. Usually if I'm not interested in a man, I simply don't respond, but I LOVE sending a "no thanks" instantly to some 50-year old who contacts me. Fool please, like your old butt has a chance! Them dudes need to get their egos knocked down a peg.

I think younger men are interested, but old men don't give a you-know-what, so they won't hesitate to write a young woman!

I get that all the time too. They're shocked when they find out I'm 28. I have no problems with older guys, but if they're broke, out of shape, on drugs, have a bunch of kids/baby mamas, and look like they can be my dad, then they can forget about it. Guys my age assume I'm younger then I am too and think I'll be impressed by how old they are. But when they realize we're the same age, they lose interest. I lose interest too when I discover they're broke with nothing going on. Younger guys don't approach me at all. Girls their age wear tight, revealing clothes, so I'm no match for that. But I don't want anyone that young anyway.

That makes a lot of sense. I look young but I don't dress like that so maybe it throws them off or something.

Just hold out for what you like.

Guys in the age group you're looking for might want someone younger:perplexed.

I can understand, though, how you would want someone closer to your age. There's nothing wrong with that.

I know - it hurts my feelings...like I'm too old for a decent guy my age. :perplexed

~uses "old man" voice~ Cuz they see that purrty young tenda ova there!:lachen:

Older men typically go for the younger ladies....knowing good and well they need to stick to their own age bracket. Look at you....ya 50 years old...taking all types purple Niagara pills trying to keep up with the sex drive of a 20 something year old!:lachen: I will say this though...if you are into being wined and dined...an older man is a great companion for that type of thing. They like showing off the pretty young thang they picked up at the gym.:grin:

But shoot, you are over there clearly looking great "for your age" (I hate that term). I would take it was a compliment. In all honesty, you might have better luck looking for a younger man:)

Last edited:
I have this "problem" too. But for the most part I don't see it as a problem. I'm 29 and men my age and up to 35 don't talk to me. Honestly thats fine by me. I like them older.

Its when they're upwards of 45 that it becomes a problem. I have this 60ish year old man that begs for the opportunity to take me out "lunch, dinner, a walk in the park, whatever". He just wants to "spend time with me and be in my presence" He's a nice man but I'm not trying to date my grand-dad.

That makes a lot of sense. I look young but I don't dress like that so maybe it throws them off or something.

I think that definitely might throw guys off.
but do not change how you dress to get men...
there'll be someone who appreciates all of you, who's exactly in your age range..

:lachen: It's not because you look old. It's because you carry yourself like a grown arse woman...who looks like she's in her 20's. So they get the best of both worlds....which is what these older men want. A young tenderoni who knows how to act like a woman. And, that you are...

I have a friend in his mid 40's and he tells me that he and all his friends want to get the young girls or the sophisticated girls in their 30's who LOOK like they are in their 20's. He said it's a midlife crisis. I told him *********! (his friends are all married and want to trade their wives in - stank.) Just beware these older fools. They probably have a wife or live-in at the house.

:lachen: It's not because you look old. It's because you carry yourself like a grown arse woman...who looks like she's in her 20's. So they get the best of both worlds....which is what these older men want. A young tenderoni who knows how to act like a woman. And, that you are...

I have a friend in his mid 40's and he tells me that he and all his friends want to get the young girls or the sophisticated girls in their 30's who LOOK like they are in their 20's. He said it's a midlife crisis. I told him *********! (his friends are all married and want to trade their wives in - stank.) Just beware these older fools. They probably have a wife or live-in at the house.

That makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it that way. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

Some of these guys are seriously just nasty looking! Ick.

That makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it that way. Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

Some of these guys are seriously just nasty looking! Ick.

AGREED! Who wants to deal with Erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure medications and diabetes on a hot date? :lachen: Not hot.

I know - I just hate it! It sucks when you get 20 message notifications and 98.694% are men over 45! Uggh. :wallbash:

Just wait until you get one and he's 60+. Yich! It can make you feel icky and I'm not trying to be mean. But most educated women want a guy near their age. I'm not looking for mr. sugga-daddy. I need a peer.:lachen:But guess what, men want younger women and that's why they are not coming forth. If you're 36, they are all out for 19. Sick as it is...it just is.:nono:

I don't know if my cousin is in here...but I'm wondering if she remember's my Jdate "Fred." LOL. I could be rich and living in New Yawk, with Mr. Gazillionaire, around late 50's. Eh, I passed. But he was nice, tho. Was fit and not bad-looking...for a baldy. He had class, education and a young spirit.

Last edited:
yessss this scares me so much this is why im truely terrified to grow up im talking about grown *** men with there wifes or girlfriends would stop and stare at me like they can straight up see me with my clothes off and got there girlfriends llokkin at me like who this **** think she is tryna take my man...and im only 16 like wthhhell im talking about more then once a day when i go out it really scares me and makes me kind of scared of men seriously.

Just wait until you get one and he's 60+. Yich! It can make you feel icky and I'm not trying to be mean. But most educated women want a guy near their age. I'm not looking for mr. sugga-daddy. I need a peer.:lachen:But guess what, men want younger women and that's why they are not coming forth. If you're 36, they are all out for 19. Sick as it is...it just is.:nono:

I don't know if my cousin is in here...but I'm wondering if she remember's my Jdate "Fred." LOL. I could be rich and living in New Yawk, with Mr. Gazillionaire, around late 50's. Eh, I passed. But he was nice, tho. Was fit and not bad-looking...for a baldy. He had class, education and a young spirit.

That's not being mean...that is just the truth. Believe me, as long as I have been online, I have had the 60 somethings, too.

Every time I see that nice kinda nerdy guy (like the one helping me with my computer this morning), I think oh, he's so my type and then I see he got snatched up too!

I've had very old men try to talk to me...like in their 60s. I'm always so disgusted because I'm only 21, but I still feel very young, like that should be illegal...lol. They'll hit me with the "I want to be your everything. Tell me what you want, and I'll be that....blah, blah, blah." It's really crazy to me, but I'm reminding that even if I feel young, I don't look it. I'm a woman now...lol.

Did you state your age in the personal ad? In that case it's not very wrong for a 45 year old to want to date a 36 year old IMO.
And most men our age want a woman under 30 :yep:

Not all 45 year olds look old, either :grin:
My SO/ex is 42 and very young looking :)

Old men can be...great :D

That's a good thing. You'll be their PYT. Some of these older men really take care of themselves and are hot. I don't mind it, in fact I love it.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I hate to say this but as you get older OP, those older guys wont pay you the time of day either. They will still be looking for that young tenderoni and at 45, it wont be you. It wont matter that you look 30 when your 45, they know, they can smell the moth balls a mile away.

I hate to say this but as you get older OP, those older guys wont pay you the time of day either. They will still be looking for that young tenderoni and at 45, it wont be you. It wont matter that you look 30 when your 45, they know, they can smell the moth balls a mile away.

That's the sad truth :sad:

Men want a woman 10 years younger, but most of them end up with a woman 3-5 years younger.

I don't even see a man 10 years older than me as "old"...

I will say this with advances in medicine and longer life spans.

The term "old" needs to be thrown out. I perfer to deal with older men I am in my early 30's and I will not date a man over 45 is my limit. As well I will not date any man younger than myself, he has to be older than me. Older men take care of themselves and are more prepared in life. Guys 30 and younger are not ready and still in party mode. However, you do have men in their 40's who still want to party and that's is just =/. However, overall the older men I dealt with were true gentle-men. They def. know how to treat a lady. Not all I said the ones I dealt with, which is one! JMHO

I don't think 45 is old :ohwell: I am 37 and look younger than my age. A man up to 10 years older than me is fine. I just don't consider that old. Most men that age want a women in her 30's.

Back