Who's Up For a Challenge? Read one chapter a day in the book of Proverbs.....

Like....instructions from a father to his child, the chapters so far.

Verse 7 sticks out for me:
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

There's nothing like the light-bulb moment..the ohhhh.. I get it! that comes from reading and understanding God's word. Especially when God is speaking to ME and not about anyone else.

This ministers to me as well... :laugh:

I have to laugh because God don't play that when he reproves or instructs. My pastor always talks about the eye gate, the ear gate, the nose gate... all the 'gates' that provide entry to the heart. It's not just one thing, because our individual lives are complex.
Movies, television, internet message boards, cafes, restaurants, theaters and concerts, etc. There are so many ways we can get distracted. To 'guard' the heart is to be cautious of whom/what we give real estate to in our hearts. Are you kidding me... this Word is powerful!

Proverbs 4:23 stood out to me.

23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.

VERSE 23

When I’m having one of my off days I have to ask myself these questions:

1. What did I feed or allow entrance into my spirit?
2. Who did I listen to?
3. What did I read?
4. What type of activity / event did I engage in?

Most likely that’s where the underlying issue had stemmed from.

At that point, I have to make a decision to determine if that person, place, or thing is weakening my faith / spiritual growth. And then have the courage to let it go or end it.

This verse also lets me know that believers should exercise discernment, discretion, self-control, and restraint daily. If not we may reap some unnecessary and unpleasant consequences that would affect our daily lives.

After meditating on this scripture and writing my thoughts down I realize that there is something that I need to let go. There are some coworkers that I need to stop eating lunch with in the cafeteria. We are not like minded and neither are we headed in the same direction:nono:.

14Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15Avoid it, do not go on it; turn from it and pass on.
16For they cannot sleep unless they have caused trouble or vexation; their sleep is taken away unless they have caused someone to fall. 17For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
18But the path of the [uncompromisingly] just and righteous is like the light of dawn, that shines more and more (brighter and clearer) until [it reaches its full strength and glory in] the perfect day [to be prepared].(C)
19The way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know over what they stumble.(D)

These scriptures spoke to my heart today. It tells me that the company I keep can make me or break me. Wisdom tells us avoid wicked company, pass them straight by and walk along the path of the just.

Evil people have no desire to make true friends with us, they only want to destroy us and point fingers at us saying, "Yeah, they call themselves Christians but look at them, they were hangin' with us at the club last night getting drunker than we were."

We shouldn't give any occasion for satan to accuse us and that is why I feel Wisdom admonishes us to steer clear of evil company and seek after righteous ones.

I know some people who are seemingly quite nice on the surafce but I know that the evil in their heart could take over and cause harm to me so I keep away from those people. I even stay far away from some "saved" people as well for the same reason.

I've been reading but not posting but I wanted to post what has stood out to me so far is the reiteration that the fear of the Lord is the beggining of wisdom. And then all the benefits wisdom has. And how we need to leave those fools alone!! I have more insights but I'll recap later.

25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
26 Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
Remove your foot from evil.

I love these verses. There is a situation that I am having a hard time letting go of, I keep looking back, but these verses remind me to look forward to what is ahead. And not to be distracted by what is happening to the side of me or even behind me. So I will stay focused on my future and the GREAT things God has in store for me today, tomorrow and forevermore. :yep:

Chapter 5

This entire chapter reminds me of my favorite Psalms, 91. :yep: To be in the spirit, is to not be in the flesh...and we should strive to stay in the Spirit. The chapter warns against sexual immorality, and that marriage is the answer. But I believe it also extends to other lusts of the body, such as food and drink (alcohol) for our bodies are the temples of the Holy Ghost.

I'se married..so that's all! :laugh:

Last edited:
Ladies - Happy Friday!

Proverbs 5:21-22 stood out to me.

21 For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD,
And He ponders all his paths.

22 His own iniquities entrap the wicked man,
And he is caught in the cords of his sin.

VERSE 21 lets me know that God is:
Omnipresent - All Present
Omnipotent - All Powerful
Omniscient - All Knowing

Outward appearance, flattery words, and charity deeds may impress some people but the Lord knows the intent and motives of the heart.

VERSE 22
What is done in the dark will eventually come to light.

As a single woman Proverbs 5:19 stood out to me.

19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts satisfy you always.
May you always be captivated by her love.

When I first read it, I was shocked at how sexual it was. I was raised in an old fashioned pentecostal church and I promise you this verse was never read from the pulpit but boy I would love to see the saints faces if it was. :lachen: This is from the New Living Translation so I went to my good old Kings James Version to see if the word "breast" was really in there and it was. Anyway, after getting over my shock, I read the footnotes in the New Living Translation and it explains that this is where God promises that if we trust in Him and allow him to pick our mates, he will bless the marriage in every way including in the bedroom.

I remember reading an old thread on here about Christian women who have been waiting for a long time being scared about how they or their husband will perform in the bedroom and I can't lie, it has been a concern for me. But this scripture tells me that there's no need to worry, God will take care of EVERY aspect of the marriage.

I'm still :lachen: cause I started this challenge expecting to gain wisdom but I didn't expect to gain wisdom on sex too. God surely leaves no stone uncovered.

Last edited:
Ladies - can we state the chapter and verse that we are discussing. That way others and the newcomers could keep up:grin:. TIA.

As a single woman Proverbs 5:19 stood out to me.

19 She is a loving deer, a graceful doe.
Let her breasts satisfy you always.
May you always be captivated by her love.

When I first read it, I was shocked at how sexual it was. I was raised in an old fashioned pentecostal church and I promise you this verse was never read from the pulpit but boy I would love to see the saints faces if it was. :lachen: This is from the New Living Translation so I went to my good old Kings James Version to see if the word "breast" was really in there and it was. Anyway, after getting over my shock, I read the footnotes in the New Living Translation and it explains that this is where God promises that if we trust in Him and allow him to pick our mates, he will bless the marriage in every way including in the bedroom.

I remember reading an old thread on here about Christian women who have been waiting for a long time being scared about how they or their husband will perform in the bedroom and I can't lie, it has been a concern for me. But this scripture tells me that there's no need to worry, God will take care of EVERY aspect of the marriage.

I'm still :lachen: cause I started this challenge expecting to gain wisdom but I didn't expect to gain wisdom on sex too. God surely leaves no stone uncovered.

Weeellll, it is said that everything we need to know is in the bible...:lol:!

FYI:
Ladies – I have to tend to a family emergency. Therefore, I won’t have a chance to post my thoughts for the upcoming chapters within the next few days. However, I will continue to read each day and hope that you all will continue posting your thoughts. This thread has been a blessing and I hope to come back in the next few days and jump back into it.

Hope you all have a blessed and safe weekend.

FYI:
Ladies – I have to tend to a family emergency. Therefore, I won’t have a chance to post my thoughts for the upcoming chapters within the next few days. However, I will continue to read each day and hope that you all will continue posting your thoughts. This thread has been a blessing and I hope to come back in the next few days and jump back into it.

Hope you all have a blessed and safe weekend.

Oh no PP! I pray that everything is ok with you and your family. I was tucked away in my apartment working on a project for a deadline I have on Tuesday so I didn't get a chance to post anything this weeked but I did read chapters 6, 7, and 8.

Two passages jumped out at me from Chapter 6. The first is verses 1 through 4.

1 My child,[a] if you have put up security for a friend’s debt
or agreed to guarantee the debt of a stranger—
2 if you have trapped yourself by your agreement
and are caught by what you said—
3 follow my advice and save yourself,
for you have placed yourself at your friend’s mercy.
Now swallow your pride;
go and beg to have your name erased.
4 Don’t put it off; do it now!
Don’t rest until you do.

Right before I read this I had a conversation with my dad about whether or not rich people are wrong for not giving ALL of their money to the needy. He felt that they were wrong and their lack of not giving was a sign of their love of money. My response was a lack of giving could be a sign of a love of money but I don't think rich people are supposed to give away EVERYTHING they have. They are allowed to save some for a rainy day since nothing is promised to us forever. What if they lose their big contract or lose whatever it is that's bringing in the money? How would they survive? I told my dad that saving is not a sin if there's a purpose to it. Now if we're saving just to look at the dollar signs in the bank then that is a love of money and that is a sin. My dad didn't get it though. He wanted proof but I didn't know where to point him to in the Bible. I didn't know what scripture would explain what I was saying but when I got home God gave me the wisdom. :yep:

I know when I show my dad these verses he's going to say this scripture was written for the poor but I'm ready for that argument. God doesn't have one Bible for the poor and one for the rich. We're all the same in his eyes so the Word applies to everyone. I'm not rich but this message is important. God wants us to share with our neighbors but not to the point that we leave ourselves in debt. God doesn't want us to love money but he doesn't want us to be poor either. We need to be wise in the Word and wise in our finances.

Next up is verses 16 through 19.

16 There are six things the Lord hates—
no, seven things he detests:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that kill the innocent,
18 a heart that plots evil,
feet that race to do wrong,
19 a false witness who pours out lies,
a person who sows discord in a family.

I think it's important that we know what God hates so that we can be sure NOT to be like that. This is a lesson in reverse which means...

God loves someone who:
Looks at others through humble eyes,
always speaks honestly,
protects the innocent,
has a heart that sows good deeds,
is swift to follow His will
bears the truth and shares it with good intentions
and brings peace to his family.

God is showing me that this is who I need strive to be and seeking wisdom will help me get there. :grin:

This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it:grin:!

Proverbs 8:10 -11
10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

VERSE 10 - Confirms my belief.

I'm a firm believer that when I'm operating in the Will of God I'm always in the right place, at the right time. As a result, I'm in a position to receive the promises and blessings of God.

This verse suggests that we do not grab silver and gold but rather the Lord's instruction and knowledge. I believe it is because God sees the bigger picture. And it's worth more than silver and gold that will only last but for a moment. God's instructions and knowledge can last throughout innumerable generations. Not only are you blessed but your children's children, etc.

If we look at this verse deeper, silver and gold can equate to materialistic things in this day and age. Hhmm, it's easy to 'go after,' 'chase,' 'seek' materialistic things all in the name of the Lord. But God warns us in this scripture not to

Why!?!
I sincerely believe that we lose focus. We began to place that "thing" in front of God like an idol. We forget our purpose and assignment. Our focus is now on how can we get that 'thing' or how can we get rich quick opposed to how can our mind and soul be renewed and transformed by the word of God.

When we receive wisdom, knowledge, and understanding from the Lord that's when the gifts God has already placed within us will stir up. As well as allow those gifts to make room for us. This is confirmed in VERSE 12:

12I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

In summary, I'd rather seek and choose God's instructions and knowledge. And trust that riches and wealth will come out of my obedience to His perfect Will for my life. As stated in VERSE 20-21

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

When I seek His perfect Will, instructions, and knowledge the Lord will give me what I need. And that need will be much better than my wants. He continues to prove it time and time again in my life. The Lord knows what I can handle in each season of my life.

Reminiscing - Thank you!

I'm at the library so I won't be online for long. However, I agree that saving money is not a sin. There is a verse in Proverbs that tells us to look at how the ants store up food in the summer in preparation for the fall / winter....

If the ants are smart enough to save and store up we should as well:grin:!

Oh no PP! I pray that everything is ok with you and your family. I was tucked away in my apartment working on a project for a deadline I have on Tuesday so I didn't get a chance to post anything this weeked but I did read chapters 6, 7, and 8.

Two passages jumped out at me from Chapter 6. The first is verses 1 through 4.

1 My child,[a] if you have put up security for a friend’s debt
or agreed to guarantee the debt of a stranger—
2 if you have trapped yourself by your agreement
and are caught by what you said—
3 follow my advice and save yourself,
for you have placed yourself at your friend’s mercy.
Now swallow your pride;
go and beg to have your name erased.
4 Don’t put it off; do it now!
Don’t rest until you do.

Right before I read this I had a conversation with my dad about whether or not rich people are wrong for not giving ALL of their money to the needy. He felt that they were wrong and their lack of not giving was a sign of their love of money. My response was a lack of giving could be a sign of a love of money but I don't think rich people are supposed to give away EVERYTHING they have. They are allowed to save some for a rainy day since nothing is promised to us forever. What if they lose their big contract or lose whatever it is that's bringing in the money? How would they survive? I told my dad that saving is not a sin if there's a purpose to it. Now if we're saving just to look at the dollar signs in the bank then that is a love of money and that is a sin. My dad didn't get it though. He wanted proof but I didn't know where to point him to in the Bible. I didn't know what scripture would explain what I was saying but when I got home God gave me the wisdom. :yep:

I know when I show my dad these verses he's going to say this scripture was written for the poor but I'm ready for that argument. God doesn't have one Bible for the poor and one for the rich. We're all the same in his eyes so the Word applies to everyone. I'm not rich but this message is important. God wants us to share with our neighbors but not to the point that we leave ourselves in debt. God doesn't want us to love money but he doesn't want us to be poor either. We need to be wise in the Word and wise in our finances.

Next up is verses 16 through 19.

17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,

I think it's important that we know what God hates so that we can be sure NOT to be like that. This is a lesson in reverse which means...

God loves someone who:
Looks at others through humble eyes,
always speaks honestly,
protects the innocent,
has a heart that sows good deeds,
is swift to follow His will
bears the truth and shares it with good intentions
and brings peace to his family.

God is showing me that this is who I need strive to be and seeking wisdom will help me get there. :grin:

The bible warns us over and over about the love of money and putting our trust in our riches. It is easy to start to trust in bank accounts instead of God. If they put their trust in their riches or value it more than a brother or sister then it is very bad for them to be rich. But if the persons heart is right then I think being rich can be testimony to the glory of God.
Look at the woman in Proverbs 31. She has servants, treats them well,owns property, is a probitable salesperson while dressed in fine linen and purple. Which was quite expensive in those times.The bible states she should be praised and she's rich.

Proverbs 13:22
A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children,
but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.
Inheritance is the money and resources that we store beyond our needs.
Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.
We don't farm and gather food these days. But most work and gather money and resources.
1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
That takes money to provide for others.

Acts 2:42-47
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.

We were discussing this in bible study a few weeks back. In Acts the believers sold their possessions and gave to the ones in need. Our group leader posed the question "why can't we be like that ?" And the conclusion we came to is we are economically enslaved. The new believers owned their land (brought it themselves or it was given to them by family)so they had no mortgages, rent, car payments, electric bills,water bill, cable, cell phone,etc....They grew what they needed and what wasn't produced directly by them was purchased or traded for.

Morning Ladies!

Today's Challenge is to read Proverbs chapter 9 and share your insight:grin:!

Proverbs 9:7-9 ministered to me this morning.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. 9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

VERSE 7
I've learned it's best to use discretion and discernment when giving advice or sharing my perspective with non-believers. Many of them have no understanding or interest concerning the word of God. Therefore, it would be foolish of me to correct or argue with them from a Christian / Biblical view point. All I'd do is invite insults.

VERSE 9
On the other hand, verse 9 lets me know a wise man is open-minded and willing to learn. He would welcome correction or perhaps respect my perspective on the matter.

Similarly, I know whether or not I've grown or matured based on how I received constructive criticism. If I’ve taken offense then I need to ask myself why.

Proverbs 9

Verses 9 - 12 stuck with me also

9 Teach the wise, and they will be wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn more.
10 Fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in understanding.
11 Wisdom will multiply your days and add years to your life.
12 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.

Basically, talking wisdom is easy, acting on it is difficult. Doers of the Word are wise and Hearers are not, because obedience to God is involved. I don't ever want to be in a place where I'm only hearing or have heard (i.e., content with my share of wisdom/knowledge/understanding) the Word and not applying it to my daily life. I can read the same passages over and over again and still learn from it. I also got this from a sermon I received on Sunday. :yep: God is good!

Praying for you Pink! When the enemy begins to attack, you know you're on the right track! Be encouraged. :bighug:

17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,

I too love these verses in Ch 6. AGAIN :rolleyes: I am dealing with someone right now and I promise he consistently exhibits every one of these characteristics in his interactions with me. Yet he has just about everyone else believing that He walks on water. :ohwell: I am (sometimes :look:) patiently waiting on the Lord to take care of him. It is challenging because I have to deal with him on a daily basis. But I know that God is a God of judgment and He will not allow His beloved to suffer without ultimately delivering us. So I'm holding on to His word. He DETESTS these characteristics in people and He will handle it. :grin:

And as my pastor reminded us on Sunday, when you pray for judgment, make sure YOUR heart is pure and your life is clean first. :yep:

The verse that jumped out at me was Proverbs 9:1 and the seven pillars. Prov. 9:1 NIV Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars.
What is wisdom? Prov 2:6 For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth
cometh knowledge and understanding.

What are the seven pillars that she has hewn(hewn to make, shape, smooth, etc., with cutting blows: to hew a passage through the crowd;
to hew a statue from marble)?
James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Wisdom is (1) Pure, (2) Peaceable, (3) Gentle, (4) Easy to be intreated (intreated a.To make an earnest request of) (5) full of mercy and good fruits without partiality, (6) full of mercy and good fruits without hypocrisy (7)Fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of the peacemakers.

I am working on those seven pillars, now to make a full assessment of where I'm at in the light of Gods standard.
Be encouraged,
Mimi

Praying for you Pink! When the enemy begins to attack, you know you're on the right track! Be encouraged. :bighug:

17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,

I too love these verses in Ch 6. AGAIN :rolleyes: I am dealing with someone right now and I promise he consistently exhibits every one of these characteristics in his interactions with me. Yet he has just about everyone else believing that He walks on water. :ohwell: I am (sometimes :look:) patiently waiting on the Lord to take care of him. It is challenging because I have to deal with him on a daily basis. But I know that God is a God of judgment and He will not allow His beloved to suffer without ultimately delivering us. So I'm holding on to His word. He DETESTS these characteristics in people and He will handle it. :grin:

And as my pastor reminded us on Sunday, when you pray for judgment, make sure YOUR heart is pure and your life is clean first. :yep:

Butterfly08- Thank you so much. You have no idea how I needed your kind words this morning.

I'm dealing with discord in my extended family and your insight on this verse has truly blessed me.

This challenge is keeping me focus...thank you Jesus! And I thank God for all of you.

Proverbs 10:2-3

2Treasures of wickedness profit nothing: but righteousness delivereth from death. 3The LORD will not suffer the soul of the righteous to famish: but he casteth away the substance of the wicked.

VERSE 2-3
This verse ministered to me this morning….

The Lord will fight my battles. And this current battle is not mine but it belongs to the Lord. He is a strong deliverer and the prince of peace. Therefore, it won’t profit me anything to sow seeds of discord like the heathen.

I will wait on the Lord because He is my maker, my rock, my shield, and my fortress. He has never failed me....Hallelujah!

Proverbs 10:5
5He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.

VERSE 5
I kept coming back to read this verse:scratchch. What I got from this verse is don’t miss or neglect divine opportunities when they are presented. In every season there is a time to sow and a time to reap. It would be a shame for me to let it pass on by.

Hhmm, and I do remember when I let an opportunity slip away due to fear.

A TV Pastor once said, what God has for YOU is for YOU. And nobody can hinder those promises and blessing but YOU!

AMEN.

One thing I'm really like about Proverbs is how the key messages are repeated throughout the book. It's like he's saying "Just in case your wisdom hasn't kicked in yet, here it is again." :lachen:

I noticed that the message of extended life through wisdom and understanding is stated in chapter 9 and 10 and I'm sure it's been said earlier too but reading the two chapters on the same day made me notice it.

Proverbs 9

10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

11 For through me your days will be many,
and years will be added to your life

Proverbs 10
27 The fear of the LORD adds length to life,
but the years of the wicked are cut short.

These scriptures remind me of my grandmother who died in July. She passed two weeks before her 90th birthday. She lived a full life and I believe it was because she was a very wise woman. She read the Bible every chance she got and when she couldn't see well enough to read anymore, it didn't stop her because she still had her memory. It was amazing, any scripture you read to her, I could almost guarantee that she would be able to finish it from memory. My grandmother is truly my role model. She's a fine example of the above scriptures.

Proverbs 10:15-16
15 The wealth of the rich is their fortress; the poverty of the poor is their destruction. 16 The earnings of the godly enhance their lives,
but evil people squander their money on sin.
This scripture really spoke to me today. It brought Luke 16:19-25 to my mind.
Luke 16:19-25
19"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony.
I am thankful to be reminded that in Our Fathers Kingdom many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first. Our earning should enhance our lives. That means us AND others.
Be encouraged,
Mimi

Last edited:
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Proverbs 12:25

25Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

VERSE 25
This verse spoke to me. When I'm dealing with the spirit of heaviness, all I need to hear is one word from the Lord. And that one word will quicken my spirit; allow me to rejoice and be glad.

Just one word: LIVE, PEACE, PRAY, BE STILL, PROPHESIZE, LOVE, GIVE, REPENT, WAIT, GRACE, JESUS.

As I read verse 25 I began to sing Kurt Carr's song "Just One Word"

Lyrics:
Dear Lord as we prepare our heart to receive a Word from You, please accept our praise and receive this hymn as an offering to YOU)

Here we are in great anticipation
We have gathered in pursuit of You
Longing for divine revelation
Breathe on us with Your Word of truth

One Word is all we need to destroy captivity
And break the chains that are binding
One Rhema Word designed with your expertise, tailor-made for me
Speak Lord, through Your Word reveal Yourself to me.

Lips of clay are so unworthy to speak for You
So with grace won't You purge and clean
Breathe into me and like a masterful musician
Playing an instrument You can play through me
Your Word is a light unto my pathway
Your Word is a lamp unto my feet
Speak Lord (anybody need the Lord to speak to you?), Speak Lord (anybody need the Lord to speak to you?), Speak Lord, SPEAK LORD!

ONE Word is all we need to destroy captivity
And break the chains that are binding
One Rhema WORD designed with Your expertise, tailor-made for me
Speak Lord, Speak Lord, Speak Lord, reveal yourself to me (repeat)
Speak Lord through Your Word, reveal yourself to me.

(Receive this our prayer, Oh Lord and send the Word)

Hallelujah.

Butterfly08- Thank you so much. You have no idea how I needed your kind words this morning.

I'm dealing with discord in my extended family and your insight on this verse has truly blessed me.

This challenge is keeping me focus...thank you Jesus! And I thank God for all of you.

I'm glad you are feeling better Pink. There is nothing like the word to completely turn a situation around, and in the meantime, even when you can't physically see the change, it keeps you encouraged and at peace. Be blessed lady! :grin:

PROVERBS 11:
16 A kindhearted woman gains respect,
but ruthless men gain only wealth.

I am encouraged to be kind and respectful to everyone I come in contact with, regardless of their demeanor towards me.

21 Be sure of this: The wicked will not go unpunished,
but those who are righteous will go free.

I am dealing with a couple major situations and one involves a person who has mistreated me for years and they appear to be getting away with it. I love how this scripture admonishes me to "be sure of this" - God WILL handle this person. So I will rest in His timing and His methods, which are higher than mine.

29 He who brings trouble on his family will inherit only wind,
and the fool will be servant to the wise.

It is a shame when we treat strangers better than we do our own flesh and blood - and the reward for this ungodly behavior is DIDDLY SQUAT. So this scripture motivates me to love and cherish my family. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.

I can't post every day guys but do know that I am reading my scripture every day and meditating on the ones that really grab me. I think I will continue to cycle through Proverbs daily because truly there is something to be gained from every verse, and if I don't catch it this time, I will the next go round. ;)

Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise,
but a companion of fools suffers harm.

I really thought about this verse and how much I enjoyed it in my life.
Before I moved away, I was in a bible study group with older women.
Many of them were so wise. I learned so much from them. One in
particular was especially wise. She always had a Word for us. And her advice.....always on point and Word based. Even though she didn't talk much, we loved to hear her speak when she did. You knew her knowledge came from spending much time with our Father and His Word.
Those ladies encouraged me to not only do better but to be better.

Back