Who's set to make BSL 08?

Hello,

I am getting confused. I thought I was in the BSL challenge as of 11/07 but noticed my name was not on the updated challenge list and then I noticed that you and Ineedhair appear to have the same challenge. Is this correct? I would like to join the challenge if I have not done so already. :blush: Thanks

Confused in OC

I'm going to update the list, I'll add everyone I missed. This thread is growing by leaps and bounds so forgive me if I've missed anyone :hug2:
Anyone who posts in this thread in hopes of making BSL in 08 is part of the group :grouphug:

I'm going to update the list, I'll add everyone I missed. This thread is growing by leaps and bounds so forgive me if I've missed anyone :hug2:
Anyone who posts in this thread in hopes of making BSL in 08 is part of the group :grouphug:

I don't see mine either...Can you add me please? I came in here to post progress pics and was like, :sad: where's my name?

*goes off to put on a bra over her shirt to take pics*

Just got a touch-up/got my hair flat-ironed so PROGRESS PICS. I wasn't expecting my hair to get to this length until April/May-ish but my longest strands are touching BSL right now, I guess. I'll wait until I grow another inch to start claiming it (hopefully March? I'm crossing my fingers super hard). And then, on to FULL BSL! :grin:

jan08progress2.jpg

january08progress.jpg

We're doing it y'all! BSL IN 08!!!!!!!:yay:

Last edited:
OMG, Go Cheeks :yay:
How long did you stretch your relaxer and did you do any protective styles? How much length do you think you retained from your last touch-up? It look like my update will be the same as yours from Oct'07-Jan'08 and I sure hope to retain just as much length as you did :yep:.

Just got a touch-up/got my hair flat-ironed so PROGRESS PICS. I wasn't expecting my hair to get to this length until April/May-ish but my longest strands are touching BSL right now, I guess. I'll wait until I grow another inch to start claiming it (hopefully March? I'm crossing my fingers super hard). And then, on to FULL BSL! :grin:

jan08progress2.jpg

january08progress.jpg

jan08progress2.jpg

january08progress.jpg

oooooh!!!
GO GO GO!!

just to mark...so i can come back and compare later
i took this early early this morning (january 8, 2008)

i'd say about 5 inches from here

like i said before
my hair isnt even
so i think by the end of the year
i'll be partially APL and partially BSL
(and the front, i'm going for collarbone)

challengeez6.jpg

i was comparing this to the picture i posted on december 19
and it SEEMS it grew a little since then.

i'll take it!

Last edited:
OMG, Go Cheeks :yay:
How long did you stretch your relaxer and did you do any protective styles? How much length do you think you retained from your last touch-up? It look like my update will be the same as yours from Oct'07-Jan'08 and I sure hope to retain just as much length as you did :yep:.

Thanks! I get a touch-up every 10 weeks or so. I don't "stretch" I just really hate getting touch-ups so I put it off for as long as possible! :lachen:So I guess I do stretch but not for the normal reasons....

I think my hair grew a good inch, maybe a little more. I'm pretty terrible at measurements.

Oh, and I do a lot of twist-outs and buns.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! So you'll be posting progress pics this month?

Edit: Thanks Tracee and runrun!

Last edited:
Although I had a set back...I still believe that I can recover and make close to BSL this 2008 December! I believe...I can achieve!!! lol how corny can I get.:grin:

jan08progress2.jpg

january08progress.jpg

Great job!!!

jan08progress2.jpg

january08progress.jpg

You look BSL to me! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
:notworthy:Flahsssss:dance7::dance7:

I might be BSL, but two different bras show different things...

Couldn't upload, but pics are in my fotki in the "length checks" album.

I WAS NOT ABLE TO POP MY BRA STRAP IN 07 LIKE I HAD HOPED, BUT I'LL DEFINITELY MAKE IT THIS YEAR. PLEASE ADD ME TO THE CHALLENGE.

Last edited:
I should definitely make it before December. I'm going au naturale products with yogurt and Ayurvedic, so hopefully before Fall graduation, I should make it. Pleae add me to this challenge. Looks like maybe 3 or 4 inches to go!! :yep:

I hope to be there soon! I am at the top of my brastrap currently, but I know I need to trim my ends. Hoping to be at the bottom of my brastrap by the summer.

I should be BSL by June 2008.... I just don't have any updated photos yet. I just hit APL stretched in December, But I'll have new photos by the end of January....I know...so late, right?

Hi :wave: Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally made BSL after my titanic disaster in October 2007. :weird:

On to waist length... :charge:

Hi :wave: Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally made BSL after my titanic disaster in October 2007. :weird:

On to waist length... :charge:

Congratulations Anky on your successful BSL achievement. Maybe you should go for Mid Back Length before Waist length:yep:, but I love your zeal though. You go Gurl!

Back