Who's set to make BSL 08?

HEALTHYTRESSES!!!!!

2123322244_8f75787efb_t.jpg

I SEE YOU!!! I SEE YOU!!! I CAN SEEEEEEEEEE YOU!!!!

AIN'T NOWHERE IN A CAT'S CROTCH ARE WE HAIR COUSINS!!!

LOOK AT THAT THICK PURTY HAIR!!! :love: :wallbash:

*Mo kicks rocks and flings self out of the thread...*

Thank you :)

But.....but....we gotta be related some where down the line....our hair loves many of the same products! *sniffle*

HEALTHYTRESSES!!!!!

2123322244_8f75787efb_t.jpg

I SEE YOU!!! I SEE YOU!!! I CAN SEEEEEEEEEE YOU!!!!

AIN'T NOWHERE IN A CAT'S CROTCH ARE WE HAIR COUSINS!!!

LOOK AT THAT THICK PURTY HAIR!!! :love: :wallbash:

*Mo kicks rocks and flings self out of the thread...*

Yup! Yup!:yep: I'm so proud to call her my hair Twin! Ain't she purtiful??!!!!:grin:

I'm in! I don't know when in '08 I'll make it because I'm about to do a big trim(trimming right to APL) this weekend so I can have a fresh start with nice, split free ends. I'm hoping for summer though ;).

Ok because I cut my hair in 2007 and just touch the top of the bra in December and I am not counting a full BSL for me. I am in for early 2008.

Okay, where are my thick haired cousins at?

Your thin haired cousin is having issues...my hair is never going to be super thick....it's just not gonna happen:nono::ohwell:...but...it can be improved upon..at least I hope so...

...my goal for next December is a big tentative...I'm still going for it though...

I have to focus on getting this hair thicker, length is on the backburner...if I get it great...but as long as it gets somewhat thicker, I'll be happier.
Most likely will be ending the end of next year with a good trim. I don't want to do it for another year as my ends aren't bad, but aesthetically, it will look better.

I will step up on the water, remember to take vitamins and not fall off from doing the heavy Aphogee treatment. I can see a difference by not doing it. I know a lot of folks don't like it, but it's always worked for me.

I will try to implement castor oil and the cassia treatments more often.
I'll have my hooded dryer in a few weeks, will do more conditioning on dry hair more often.

Wish me luck bsl goalees...I'll need it..

*sigh*

Hey MonaLisa,
I'm not sure what products you can use to make your strands thicker, I'm sure other ladies will chime in and give pointers. I see your hair is doing well otherwise..I haven't been doing anything extra to my hair besides keeping it moisturized and in a bun.. I am so hoping to reach BSL soon.. I wish everyone on this challenge good luck and I want to see pictures of updates...

Your thin haired cousin is having issues...my hair is never going to be super thick....it's just not gonna happen:nono::ohwell:...but...it can be improved upon..at least I hope so...

...my goal for next December is a big tentative...I'm still going for it though...

I have to focus on getting this hair thicker, length is on the backburner...if I get it great...but as long as it gets somewhat thicker, I'll be happier.
Most likely will be ending the end of next year with a good trim. I don't want to do it for another year as my ends aren't bad, but aesthetically, it will look better.

I will step up on the water, remember to take vitamins and not fall off from doing the heavy Aphogee treatment. I can see a difference by not doing it. I know a lot of folks don't like it, but it's always worked for me.

I'll have my hooded dryer in a few weeks, will do more conditioning on dry hair more often.

*sigh*

Hey MonaLisa,
I'm not sure what products you can use to make your strands thicker, I'm sure other ladies will chime in and give pointers. I see your hair is doing well otherwise..I haven't been doing anything extra to my hair besides keeping it moisturized and in a bun.. I am so hoping to reach BSL soon.. I wish everyone on this challenge good luck and I want to see pictures of updates...

Thanks ThickHairedTLC... :hug2:

*adding, next update pic will be June 2008*
*outta sight, outta mind*

*sigh*

You use phyto, is it the mild one? Maybe leave it on for a shorter period of time. Also, try biotin if you're not already taking it (just keep up the water intake). I see you use cassia that is great for thickening strands as well as henna :up:
Jump on that castor oil, it's great mixed with coconut oil!
Blunt ends do help make hair appear thicker too, IMO. :yep:
I have no doubt you can do it :hug2:

You use phyto, is it the mild one? Maybe leave it on for a shorter period of time. Also, try biotin if you're not already taking it (just keep up the water intake). I see you use cassia that is great for thickening strands as well as henna :up:
Jump on that castor oil, it's great mixed with coconut oil!
Blunt ends do help make hair appear thicker too, IMO. :yep:
I have no doubt you can do it :hug2:

That's what my derm told me, about the Biotin...I just keep forgetting to take it :ohwell:...but I will become more vigilant about it going forward as well as stepping it up with the water...I keep saying..I'll..do...that..but I don't...:wallbash:

I will also utilize the castor with the coconut oil cuz.:yep:
Going to see if I see any difference over the next 6 months doing that along with the continued low-mani regimen.

Thanks! :hug2:

the next couple of months. i am at about 4-5 inches away. and i'm stretching so i may already be there but i'm planning to not relax until April,if i can last that long.

ladies I have a bsl question, maybe it's been answered... but..

is there a way to determine bsl based on your body? could it be the line where your breasts meet your ribs? or ...??

because my bras fall at different places

the original bra I based my goal on is low. I noticed the other day that other bras I have fall much higher (because for a second I thought i'd met my goal until I put my measuring bra back on).

I'm going to stick with my original bra as the goal- or else I'll feel i've cheated myself, but just the same I'd like to know

thanks, this board is the BEST!:yep:

Here's the length chart:

measurementseditedvi-vi.jpg

I think I can make it by Dec 08 with relaxer stretching, no direct heat, daily moisture, 2x/week poos and weekly DCing. My avatar shows me on October 31 (my last relaxer), so it's my starting pic.

I was BSL when I did the BC for my 30th bday. I got a cute layered look but want my length back now. :nono: Good luck ladies! :yep:

I think I can make it by Dec 08 with relaxer stretching, no direct heat, daily moisture, 2x/week poos and weekly DCing. My avatar shows me on October 31 (my last relaxer), so it's my starting pic.

I was BSL when I did the BC for my 30th bday. I got a cute layered look but want my length back now. :nono: Good luck ladies! :yep:

:welcome: Jamila! I love, love, love your layers. I hope to get a similar cut when I reach MBL. You hair is beautiful!!!

Back