Who's set to make BSL 08?

Your thin haired cousin is having issues...my hair is never going to be super thick....it's just not gonna happen:nono::ohwell:...but...it can be improved upon..at least I hope so...
*sigh*

Mona, I posted in another thread about my transition from very thin hair, but I wanted to add that I did do a big chop. I know it's not the most popular method to grow hair, but it really did make a difference. The last 6 or so inches of my hair was the old, bleached hair that I tried to cover with rinses and eventually henna, but in my opinion, it was beyond saving. My hair grew really well once I figured out what I was doing, but those ends were frizzy and see-through and really scared me into thinking they would eventually split up the shaft and ruin the rest of my hair. I just got the scissors and hacked it off. I missed that length for a while, but it's the best thing I could have done to help with thickness, or lack thereof. Once I started with the shikakai oil and maintained my henna, I got new thicker hair.

I want in. I'm hoping to be there by June 08. I am 1 inch from apl.. Do you girls think I this is realistic?:look:
I'm in the same boat. Hm. Average growth is 6 inches per year, they say. Half inch a month. So...By Febuary, there's that 1 inch. March-April 2 inches. May-June, 3 inches.

So if all ends are retained, then yes, I believe so. I also believe in growth aids and the effects of vitamins/eating right, so all of those involved (even if you don't believe in growth aids, protecting your ends would be a world of help) I think we can do it!

Personally, I'm going to reach my goal of APL, see how long it takes from now to then, and measure out if I could...:) I hope to reach BSL by at least this time next year! HHG!
~*Janelle~*

Last edited:
Mona, I posted in another thread about my transition from very thin hair, but I wanted to add that I did do a big chop. I know it's not the most popular method to grow hair, but it really did make a difference. The last 6 or so inches of my hair was the old, bleached hair that I tried to cover with rinses and eventually henna, but in my opinion, it was beyond saving. My hair grew really well once I figured out what I was doing, but those ends were frizzy and see-through and really scared me into thinking they would eventually split up the shaft and ruin the rest of my hair. I just got the scissors and hacked it off. I missed that length for a while, but it's the best thing I could have done to help with thickness, or lack thereof. Once I started with the shikakai oil and maintained my henna, I got new thicker hair.

Thanks cuz...

but I don't think I'm going to be bc'ing though. Y'all would never see my brown *** again... :sekret:....I think I can still save what I have with a trim...

I will be implementing the henna though..:yep: Progess Pic in December 2008 to see if any of this worked...if not, will have to make peace with having healthy, but thin hair. Not everyone can be thick haired and not everyone can have thick ends, it's the luck of the draw. I'll have to work with what I have and be happy with it.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Appreciated. See ya back in the thread in Dec '08...

Last edited:
Thanks cuz...

but I don't think I'm going to be bc'ing though. Y'all would never see my brown *** again... :sekret:....I think I can still save what I have with a trim...

I will be implementing the henna though..:yep: Progess Pic in December 2008 to see if any of this worked...if not, will have to make peace with having healthy, but thin hair. Not everyone can be thick haired and not everyone can have thick ends, it's the luck of the draw. I'll have to work with what I have and be happy with it.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Appreciated. See ya back in the thread in Dec '08...

Love the attitude! You'll be just fine....I'm sure of it. Go get your henna on, girl!!!:yep:

ME ME ME.............CURRENTLY APL.......LOOKING FORWARD TO BSL IN JUNE '08!!!!!
NEED ADVICE ON GOOD EVERYDAY MOISTURIZER FOR TEXURIZED 4A/4B HAIR. :wallbash:HELP GUYS......NEED GOOD HAIRDRESSER TOO! I'M A MESS. I LVE IN NORTH JERSEY......I SOOOO NEED ADVICE TO CARE FOR MY DRY HAIR...... I LOVE TO WEAR IT STRAIGHT BUT I'M AFRAID TO DO THIS OFTEN. IF I COULD ONLY FIND A GOOD PRESS PERSON.....
HELP LADIES PLEASE :nono::nono::nono::nono:

I'm just checking in. All is well in hair growing land. I just relaxed last week, I was 11 weeks post and relaxer stretching is doing wonders for my hair. Even after relaxing, my hair feels fuller. I am trying to not relax again until April. Wish me luck! I still feel that I am right on track.:grin:

I won't be poppin' my brastrap this year. My goal for this year is to make full, healthy APL length; then I can focus on BSL and beyond. I plan to use the rules for the LHCF bootcamp to get there (no heat, protective styling, DC with every wash, no trimming just dustings, baggying). Who else is set to make BSL in 08? I don't think there is a 'pop ya brastrap 08' thread yet so I thought I'd get an early start! (2008 is less than 8 months away-it'll be here before we know it) :lol:

BSL in 08!

~Healthytresses~
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
WaterChylde
Kalayani
Cutie2be
Puddles
nubianqt86
bluwatersoul
tnorenberg
prettypuff1
GoingNatural
sunshyne krissy
sareca
WhipEffectz1
toyztoy
mw138
alwayzalady22
vivacious1083
MissMadaam
OnAHairQuest
Healthyhairin07
Ambitious1013
Iluvsmuhgrass
shunta
lavendar
Glamourous
Patiencevirtue
cupcake
Demetrius Roberts
Bablou00
bellesocialite
Serenity Peace
angie10
fullsizediva
JazzyDez
GANicole
Trudy
Stephypoo
bLackButtafly
Bosslady1
TLC1020
MonaLisa
Seymone
March87
Curlcraze
IntoMyhair
FlawedBeauty
Sowhut
Chenai
Leleepop
FactoryMouse77
mrsjohnson75
netnet26
taj
Luvmylife
DivaRox
Missi
Jade998
MissFallon
Abenyo
pattycake0701
hair wit favor
kbody4
MsAngie
Country gal
LadyZ
nikkipoo
LuvMyHair07
tschizum
OSAMENE
Motherx2esq
Kbfluff
Luving me
Sassyshani
Bluefolli
Chellero
Atlien
Tatje
Den1
Ronda123
Flyrob
Anky
Pistachio
NYlegalbarbie
KhandiB
Gabulldawg
Divinefavor
Jaiku
Bablou00
Serenity Peace
Wildchild453
Runrunrunner
Alli77
JenFleets
Mynappturalme
Wheezy807
Energee
laCriolla
lollyoo
rosie
gemini350z
sexyeyes3616
Nice & Wavy
Ccmuffingirl
Special K
Ladylibra
Energist
Loved
Mariamichelle
Lovemyhair1
E$h
StellaB
Mook’s Hair
Carletta
Prettyblackhair
Soliel185
Netnet26
tthreat08
Royal Glory
Stluciansweetie
Islandspyce
Opalsunset
Crimsonvixen
Cheeks87
SeatownSista
Belleama
Queen t
almondjoi85
mamamia
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
SouthernTease
highlyfavored2008

I won't be poppin' my brastrap this year. My goal for this year is to make full, healthy APL length; then I can focus on BSL and beyond. I plan to use the rules for the LHCF bootcamp to get there (no heat, protective styling, DC with every wash, no trimming just dustings, baggying). Who else is set to make BSL in 08? I don't think there is a 'pop ya brastrap 08' thread yet so I thought I'd get an early start! (2008 is less than 8 months away-it'll be here before we know it) :lol:

BSL in 08!

~Healthytresses~
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
WaterChylde
Kalayani
Cutie2be
Puddles
nubianqt86
bluwatersoul
tnorenberg
prettypuff1
GoingNatural
sunshyne krissy
sareca
WhipEffectz1
toyztoy
mw138
alwayzalady22
vivacious1083
MissMadaam
OnAHairQuest
Healthyhairin07
Ambitious1013
Iluvsmuhgrass
shunta
lavendar
Glamourous
Patiencevirtue
cupcake
Demetrius Roberts
Bablou00
bellesocialite
Serenity Peace
angie10
fullsizediva
JazzyDez
GANicole
Trudy
Stephypoo
bLackButtafly
Bosslady1
TLC1020
MonaLisa
Seymone
March87
Curlcraze
IntoMyhair
FlawedBeauty
Sowhut
Chenai
Leleepop
FactoryMouse77
mrsjohnson75
netnet26
taj
Luvmylife
DivaRox
Missi
Jade998
MissFallon
Abenyo
pattycake0701
hair wit favor
kbody4
MsAngie
Country gal
LadyZ
nikkipoo
LuvMyHair07
tschizum
OSAMENE
Motherx2esq
Kbfluff
Luving me
Sassyshani
Bluefolli
Chellero
Atlien
Tatje
Den1
Ronda123
Flyrob
Anky
Pistachio
NYlegalbarbie
KhandiB
Gabulldawg
Divinefavor
Jaiku
Bablou00
Serenity Peace
Wildchild453
Runrunrunner
Alli77
JenFleets
Mynappturalme
Wheezy807
Energee
laCriolla
lollyoo
rosie
gemini350z
sexyeyes3616
Nice & Wavy
Ccmuffingirl
Special K
Ladylibra
Energist
Loved
Mariamichelle
Lovemyhair1
E$h
StellaB
Mook’s Hair
Carletta
Prettyblackhair
Soliel185
Netnet26
tthreat08
Royal Glory
Stluciansweetie
Islandspyce
Opalsunset
Crimsonvixen
Cheeks87
SeatownSista
Belleama
Queen t
almondjoi85
mamamia
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
SouthernTease
highlyfavored2008

Count me in.....BSL by 3/08....here I come!!!!!:yep:

BSL in 08!

~Healthytresses~
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
WaterChylde
Kalayani
Cutie2be
Puddles
nubianqt86
bluwatersoul
tnorenberg
prettypuff1
GoingNatural
sunshyne krissy
sareca
WhipEffectz1
toyztoy
mw138
alwayzalady22
vivacious1083
MissMadaam
OnAHairQuest
Healthyhairin07
Ambitious1013
Iluvsmuhgrass
shunta
lavendar
Glamourous
Patiencevirtue
cupcake
Demetrius Roberts
Bablou00
bellesocialite
Serenity Peace
angie10
fullsizediva
JazzyDez
GANicole
Trudy
Stephypoo
bLackButtafly
Bosslady1
TLC1020
MonaLisa
Seymone
March87
Curlcraze
IntoMyhair
FlawedBeauty
Sowhut
Chenai
Leleepop
FactoryMouse77
mrsjohnson75
netnet26
taj
Luvmylife
DivaRox
Missi
Jade998
MissFallon
Abenyo
pattycake0701
hair wit favor
kbody4
MsAngie
Country gal
LadyZ
nikkipoo
LuvMyHair07
tschizum
OSAMENE
Motherx2esq
Kbfluff
Luving me
Sassyshani
Bluefolli
Chellero
Atlien
Tatje
Den1
Ronda123
Flyrob
Anky
Pistachio
NYlegalbarbie
KhandiB
Gabulldawg
Divinefavor
Jaiku
Bablou00
Serenity Peace
Wildchild453
Runrunrunner
Alli77
JenFleets
Mynappturalme
Wheezy807
Energee
laCriolla
lollyoo
rosie
gemini350z
sexyeyes3616
Nice & Wavy
Ccmuffingirl
Special K
Ladylibra
Energist
Loved
Mariamichelle
Lovemyhair1
E$h
StellaB
Mook’s Hair
Carletta
Prettyblackhair
Soliel185
Netnet26
tthreat08
Royal Glory
Stluciansweetie
Islandspyce
Opalsunset
Crimsonvixen
Cheeks87
SeatownSista
Belleama
Queen t
almondjoi85
mamamia
Choconillaprincess
prettyfaceANB
winniebread
mzcris
moroni
Saida
Jazzykate
Runrunrunner
Kacie
Wishin4BSL
PrettyBlackHair
Daniemoy
Chicacanella
Nappity4b
Guyaneek
Miesha
ILuvsmuhgrass
Shun78
Closer1
Skyborn09
Traycee
Ebonyhairedprincess
Prettyeyes
26INCHHAIR
Growinglong777
Soonergirl
Sweetgeorgiapeach
Divake22
BelindaLuz
Aggie
Sunshine0801
netnet26
SouthernTease

Oh my I see my name on the list.... I really feel the pressure now.*** Fingers crossed**** I can do it...I can do it.

Oh my I see my name on the list.... I really feel the pressure now.*** Fingers crossed**** I can do it...I can do it.

I ain't supposed to be in here until December...but I saw my new hair cousin up in here... *waving & offering support* :wave:

I ain't supposed to be in here until December...but I saw my new hair cousin up in here... *waving & offering support* :wave:

Wuz up hair cuz!!!........Thanks for the support I appreciate it!...now you stay outta here until December...hehehehehehehehe.

Add my name to the list. I'm a newbie/ lurker has-been lol. so I know what's up. I'm at awkward stage right now but my hair grows pretty fast so, I should be bsl before 08 is over.:grin:

Yeey, my first post ever!

I'm hoping and praying for BSL by December 31, 2008 at 11:59 :yep:
I found a regimen that is working wonderfully and I'm not straying.

I'm 6'1" so it might take more than till dec 08 to make it but I'm optimistic : )

Nice to finally joining you ladies!

Last edited:
Well ladies .....I wanted to make BSL by March ......Well I made it :woohoo:. I'm relaxing in a couple of weeks and I promise to post pictures of my hair straighten....Happy Growing Ladies!!!

Yeey, my first post ever!

I'm hoping and praying for BSL by December 31, 2008 at 11:59 :yep:
I found a regimen that is working wonderfully and I'm not straying.

I'm 6'1" so it might take more than till dec 08 to make it but I'm optimistic : )

Nice to finally joining you ladies!

Welcome to the forum!!!!
Glad you decided to join the challenge :)

:congrats:Traycee on making it to BSL...Can't wait to see pictures!!

Well ladies .....I wanted to make BSL by March ......Well I made it :woohoo:. I'm relaxing in a couple of weeks and I promise to post pictures of my hair straighten....Happy Growing Ladies!!!

Congrats Traycee!!!!!!!
I think you're the first one to make it to BSL so far!

:dance7::woot::dance7::woot:

A few weeks ago I thought APL would be it, but now that I'm about 3 inches away from APL, and about 5-6 away from BSL- I

j u s t
m i g h t
m a k e
i t -

in '08!!!

Who knows, with the protective styling, low mani, exercise and vitamins- I just may be claiming it :) Bump that- I'm Claiming It!

A few weeks ago I thought APL would be it, but now that I'm about 3 inches away from APL, and about 5-6 away from BSL- I

j u s t
m i g h t
m a k e
i t -

in '08!!!

Who knows, with the protective styling, low mani, exercise and vitamins- I just may be claiming it :) Bump that- I'm Claiming It!

You'll make it ....

Hello,

I am getting confused. I thought I was in the BSL challenge as of 11/07 but noticed my name was not on the updated challenge list and then I noticed that you and Ineedhair appear to have the same challenge. Is this correct? I would like to join the challenge if I have not done so already. :blush: Thanks

Confused in OC

BSL FOR THE WIN
WIN WIN WIN!

i'm about 1/1.5 inch(es) from APL in the back

and about 5 inches from BSL
i just measured and my bra seems to be about
4-4.5 inches from my armpit

i set my goal for december 31st
but for some reason...
i'm getting (in my mind) august as a possible goal reach month

we'll see
either way...the vibes are still good!