Who's heard of or used Joico K-pak's Cuticle Sealer?

I went to TS and they said the kit is only for salon use.

I'll be getting the sealer next week! :party:

hi ladies quick question about this product as i get paid tomorow and am interested in buying it :grin:: why seal the cuticle befor you reconstruct? i would think you seal last like when you seal after you add moisturizer. if you seal befor you deep condition does this prevent the deep conditioner from working properly? would i get the same results if i used this product after i was done deep conditioning or should i just stop being special and follow the directions:lachen:

TIA ladies

Thanks for the info. I will check my beauty supply house for the trial sizes. I know they have the full size.

hi ladies quick question about this product as i get paid tomorow and am interested in buying it :grin:: why seal the cuticle befor you reconstruct? i would think you seal last like when you seal after you add moisturizer. if you seal befor you deep condition does this prevent the deep conditioner from working properly? would i get the same results if i used this product after i was done deep conditioning or should i just stop being special and follow the directions:lachen:

TIA ladies

I asked this exact same question when I purchased the kit and one response that I got that made sense to me was that by sealing the cuticle before reconstructing allows the strands to be "patched up". Hope that makes sense to you as well...if not "just stop being special and follow the directions". :grin: It really does work.

thanks for the responce momo:grin: i think i'm just gonna trust the instructions and use it the proper way, i dont know why i think i know better than the bottle:lachen:

fyi - They do not sell the Cuticle Sealer at ULTA however they carry the all of the other products (full size only).

The reason is because they want to "Encourage" you to use the ULTA salon and the Cuticle Seal Neutralizer is in direct competition with their salon products for salon customers :ohwell: :perplexed :look:

I bought the full size Reconstructor from Supercuts since they had it on sale for like $12. I was sitting around kind of concerned because I want to use it as apart of the system, but know good & well I can't get full size bottles of everything. Thank God for this thread! I'm getting the kit from Trade Secret for my next wash. If I love it, I'll just work on the full size bottles later.

Isnt it better to use a moisturizer or conditioner than the sealer to lock in the moisture?

They both feel the same to me. My hair always feels extremely moisturized when I use the cuticle sealer. I think its best to use the cuticle sealer before the conditioner but if you deep condition with heat then you want to finish using the cuticle sealer.

All I know is that this stuff (and all Joico products) leave my hair super shiny.

I have the reconstrutor and the condis. I will have to check out the others. I have a question though, how often do you use the 17min, set? Biweekly, monthly?

I use mine (which is in my 17-minute miracle kit) after every relaxer application.

ETA: Oh and when I use my cellophane to lock in the color.

This is an excellent idea, I bet you get mega bling in your hair when you do this! :yep:

Hey ladies... just to super clarify...

*** Do you use this product only when using the entire Joico line?
*** Or do you mix and match... say Joico Cuticle Sealer followed by your own protein treatment and then your own deep conditioner (and then the cuticle sealer again)?

I plan on using it after my next touch-up this weekend but I only purchased the Joico K-Pak Cuticle Sealer. I wanted to use it with my other products.

I appreciate any response! =)

fyi - They do not sell the Cuticle Sealer at ULTA however they carry the all of the other products (full size only).

The reason is because they want to "Encourage" you to use the ULTA salon and the Cuticle Seal Neutralizer is in direct competition with their salon products for salon customers
:ohwell: :perplexed :look:

that sucks.....

i've been lurking for a year and had a major hair crisis last week when i saw this thread. thanks ladies.
i relaxed last week with cantu and ruined my hair. i used the whole bottle of neutralizer shampoo but the relaxer would not rinse out. this has never happened to me before and nothing was different but the relaxer, it did not agree with me.i had clumps in my hair that was tangled together and my hair looked like cotton candy in those areas. if i tried to detangle with my hands the hair would just tangle more. i thought i was going to have to cut all the progress i have had in the last year.
my local trade secret and ulta does not sell the 17 minute miracle but i purchased every step in the line but the cuticle sealer and i have brand new head of hair. after the conditioner step i could detangle without any hair lost, my hair was like butter. now my hair is blinging and swinging. i am going to a salon this weekend for the full treatment with the cuticle sealer. i am a joico fan for life.no other product line compares to this.

I use mine (which is in my 17-minute miracle kit) after every relaxer application.

Yes, it's at trade secret.

I think I just had an ORGANISM! ..yes organism :look:

I was looking all in Sally's today for a cuticle smoother. JOICO...

MY BABY DADDY JOICO had what I needed all along. Please believe this will be purchased tomorrow.

Joico is the best line ever.

I'm convinced, I'm going to get this whole 17 minute kit! :lol:

EVER!

im going to go sob in happiness now. THANK YOU SO EFFIN MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! The Lord is going to bless you.

This seems to be the bomb...:yep:

Yes, it's at trade secret.

I think I just had an ORGANISM! ..yes organism :look:

I was looking all in Sally's today for a cuticle smoother. JOICO...

MY BABY DADDY JOICO had what I needed all along. Please believe this will be purchased tomorrow.

Joico is the best line ever.

EVER!

im going to go sob in happiness now. THANK YOU SO EFFIN MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! The Lord is going to bless you.

This seems to be the bomb...:yep:

I'm convinced, I'm going to get this whole 17 minute kit! :lol:

Too funny AtlantaJJ because I was about to bump this same thread yesterday after hearing about this product on the other Joico thread!

I am considering the cuticle sealer because I am having MAJOR porosity issues. :wallbash:

Too funny AtlantaJJ because I was about to bump this same thread yesterday after hearing about this product on the other Joico thread!

I am considering the cuticle sealer because I am having MAJOR porosity issues. :wallbash:
Great minds thinking alike... I'm about to tip over to Trade Secret and see what's up!

They both feel the same to me. My hair always feels extremely moisturized when I use the cuticle sealer. I think its best to use the cuticle sealer before the conditioner but if you deep condition with heat then you want to finish using the cuticle sealer.

All I know is that this stuff (and all Joico products) leave my hair super shiny.
I'm going to try it with the sealer as the last step the next time I use the kit since I like to DC with heat. I am also going to use the Deep Moisture balm as the moisture step also just for giggles and grins. That's low PH also.... The cuticle should be locked down like prison after those two steps! LOL

I won another Joico 17 MM on Ebay again for a good deal last night :yay:

Back