Who's heard of or used Joico K-pak's Cuticle Sealer?

Hi @shortdub78

My review of the Joico 17 Minute Hair Repair System - All I can say is I love it, I love it a lot. I started by having my hair parted in 4 quadrants and washed each section at a time, wash it out, then moved on to the next step, etc...until I was done.

-I started with the clarifying shampoo and it felt wonderful going on, even a little bit moisturizing but you can tell it's a clarifying shampoo as soon as you wash it out leaving behind nice and squeaky clean scalp and hair. I used it after an egg prepoo I had on my hair for about an hour. I have a 10.9 oz bottle of this but now I think I need to get the large bottle of it. I love the effect it had on my hair - clean but not stripped.

-Then I followed the poo up with the Cuticle Sealer. It sud up a tiny bit but felt strangely strengthened but soft. It felt softer than the FPSP felt on my hair. I noticed that after washing it out, my hair felt less tangled especially since I haven't detangled my hair in a week. This is a HIT for me. I will be using this often. Only left it in for the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions.

-Then I used the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - I wasn't expecting much from this since it was so watery but that was a mistake because this made my little curls really pop. Now at this point, my hair really isn't tangling around each other. It left my hair feeling pretty strong too and already a HIT and to be repurchased when I run low. I only left it on my hair for 5 minutes per the instructions.

-Lastly, the Intense Hydrator was absolutely divine. I cannot be without this one. I haven't used the Moisture Recovery Balm as yet but if it's anything like this, I'm in trouble. The PJ in me is gonna want multiples of this stuff. I use my comb for the first time during this whole process right here and it glided effortlessly through my hair. I did not use heat for any of these steps and stuck with only the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions while I was in the shower.

HTH!

The Intense Hydrator is my HG!! I simply cannot survive without it.
I'd be bald without Joico lol. I use the K pak shampoo, the Intense Hydrator, the K Pak recon and I want to try the clarifying shampoo.
Next up is the cuticle sealer :). Imo the cuticle sealer should be used after everything else aa final rinse product to line up those cuticles at the end of the wash. If you use it prior you could be locking out your conditioners.

Hi @shortdub78

My review of the Joico 17 Minute Hair Repair System - All I can say is I love it, I love it a lot. I started by having my hair parted in 4 quadrants and washed each section at a time, wash it out, then moved on to the next step, etc...until I was done.

-I started with the clarifying shampoo and it felt wonderful going on, even a little bit moisturizing but you can tell it's a clarifying shampoo as soon as you wash it out leaving behind nice and squeaky clean scalp and hair. I used it after an egg prepoo I had on my hair for about an hour. I have a 10.9 oz bottle of this but now I think I need to get the large bottle of it. I love the effect it had on my hair - clean but not stripped.

-Then I followed the poo up with the Cuticle Sealer. It sud up a tiny bit but felt strangely strengthened but soft. It felt softer than the FPSP felt on my hair. I noticed that after washing it out, my hair felt less tangled especially since I haven't detangled my hair in a week. This is a HIT for me. I will be using this often. Only left it in for the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions.

-Then I used the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - I wasn't expecting much from this since it was so watery but that was a mistake because this made my little curls really pop. Now at this point, my hair really isn't tangling around each other. It left my hair feeling pretty strong too and already a HIT and to be repurchased when I run low. I only left it on my hair for 5 minutes per the instructions.

-Lastly, the Intense Hydrator was absolutely divine. I cannot be without this one. I haven't used the Moisture Recovery Balm as yet but if it's anything like this, I'm in trouble. The PJ in me is gonna want multiples of this stuff. I use my comb for the first time during this whole process right here and it glided effortlessly through my hair. I did not use heat for any of these steps and stuck with only the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions while I was in the shower.

HTH!

@Aggie i just found my way back in here and didn't realize i had addressed this already
may I ask you why you used the sealer prior to conditioning?
I always think of compacting the cuticle as a final step...
I like to open my cuticles for conditioner.

@Aggie i just found my way back in here and didn't realize i had addressed this already
may I ask you why you used the sealer prior to conditioning?
I always think of compacting the cuticle as a final step...
I like to open my cuticles for conditioner.

I agree, not sure why the instructions are to use the cuticle sealer before the conditioner. Using it after makes more sense. But looks like people are having success with using it as instructed....

Back