Whoops!! My natural journey has come to an end...

Je Ne Sais Quoi

UPDATE BELOW-

I relaxed. I still have some texture but not as much as I was hoping for, especially in the back. I didn't realize how fine/silky my hair was in the back, probably like a 3c i'm guessing so that part is pretty much straight :lachen::rolleyes: The sides, middle and front are more texlaxy but again, not as much as i'd hope. Oh well!!!

I guess the texlaxing process wasn't quite what i was hoping for. I think the mistake i made was the total time it was left in from start to finish (about 13-14 minutes) and the fact that I used the "regular" instead of the mild like I intended to but i was scared it wouldn't take.

I'm sitting here with my cap on and the ors pack which i'm hoping is a protein. Once done i'll rinse, blowdry on low (going forward i'll airdry overnight) and then do a light flatiron to see whats going on here.

I'll post pics of my wet and dry hair.

UPDATE -

Here are the pics. Again, my intent was to texlax but i can see that I left the perm on for too long. Anyway, it is what it is but at least my flatironed hair lasted all day as you will see below. Also, the wet hair pics are pretty crappy because I took them on my camera phone

09120814511.jpg

09120814491.jpg

phot007.jpg

phot006.jpg

phot005.jpg

phot004.jpg

phot003.jpg

So, that's it. My mom told me that my hair is going to fall out/break off from the perm just a few minutes ago <insert eyeroll here> LOL

Last edited:
You didn't do test sections like I said did you? :spank: It might curl up a bit more over the next few days. I would let it airdry if I were you and see exactly how it looks.

I relaxed. I still have some texture but not as much as I was hoping for, especially in the back. I didn't realize how fine/silky my hair was in the back, probably like a 3c i'm guessing so that part is pretty much straight :lachen::rolleyes: The sides, middle and front are more texlaxy but again, not as much as i'd hope. Oh well!!!

I guess the texlaxing process wasn't quite what i was hoping for. I think the mistake i made was the total time it was left in from start to finish (about 13-14 minutes) and the fact that I used the "regular" instead of the mild like I intended to but i was scared it wouldn't take.

I'm sitting here with my cap on and the ors pack which i'm hoping is a protein. Once done i'll rinse, blowdry on low (going forward i'll airdry overnight) and then do a light flatiron to see whats going on here.

I'll post pics of my wet and dry hair.

No, 9-11..I'll never forget...yesterday was a hard, hard day for me.

Anyway..going natural aint no joke so you do what is best for you...just hoping I can hang because all this experimentation with products is becoming a drag but I'm determined to hang in there.

Okay...my advice was a day late and a dollar short cause you were SERIOUS!!! I can't wait to see!

Bre, you got pics? One tactic my sister uses (and I will be using) not to get her hair permed bone straight even when she goes to a stylist is to put lots of oil on her hair before she goes, even the new growths.

I could see them relaxer thoughts in your eyes back in August!

Anyway, congratulations and I'm sure you'll have less complaints with the flat ironing.

so what were you ringing the alarm about this morning???
had me wasting all my good advice while you steady mixing the relaxer...

:needpics:

OMG... I'm in shock as I read this. Not because u relaxed but because I had a dream last night that I PM'ed u with kind words and asked "why don't u just relax Bre". I haven't been on LHCF in about 3 days, so I didn't even know that this was a thought of urs. Weird and psychic like lol. Anyways can't wait to see the pics. I bet it will be nice.

Fab, I saw the title and was like, "I can't wait to see her pics!" I hope you love your new hair. :kiss:
You didn't do test sections like I said did you? :spank: It might curl up a bit more over the next few days. I would let it airdry if I were you and see exactly how it looks.

OT......Hopeful, you hair is beautiful

Back