The End of My Journey

If they saw how time-consuming it was to handle, they wouldn't buy it! It just takes too much of my time, and now I'm looking like a member of the Duggar family when I wear it straight.

The problem is that I still have CRAZY shrinkage, so when it's curly, it's APL. I like the length when it's curly, but it's too much when it's straight.

ClassicBeauty

I would LOVE to see your crazy shrinkage.

Beautiful! Awe shrinkage...I thought I could grow my hair to BSL curly and be around TL straight without looking nuts...I may have to rethink that.

Your braidout is lovely! :yep:

Crucible said:
Thanks so much for sharing your hair journey. I'm sure I'll respond in the same manner as the ladies whom have reached their goal. It seems a bit like Forrest Gump when he "just stop running" it was over just like reaching the end of a hair journey -lol. Your hair is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your regimen.

You have a great sense of humor with the Duggar comment.

I was going to say that I look like a Pentecostal, but I didn't want to offend anyone. :) I totally understand why they wear all those buns. I told a friend that I was going to go from Duggar to vixen in 2013. I need a new look.

gn1g said:
what length did you start? did you ever BC?

I never did a real big chop. I transitioned for several years before I found the hair boards. I just thought I was growing the relaxer out. I didn't know I was "transitioning." I rollerset my hair and flat-ironed the roots to grow it out. When I finally cut the last of the relaxer, I was shoulder length.

I never did a real big chop. I transitioned for several years before I found the hair boards. I just thought I was growing the relaxer out. I didn't know I was "transitioning." I rollerset my hair and flat-ironed the roots to grow it out. When I finally cut the last of the relaxer, I was shoulder length.

how many years into the transition were you?

If they saw how time-consuming it was to handle, they wouldn't buy it! It just takes too much of my time, and now I'm looking like a member of the Duggar family when I wear it straight.

The problem is that I still have CRAZY shrinkage, so when it's curly, it's APL. I like the length when it's curly, but it's too much when it's straight.

I feel you on the time stuff. I came to the forum never past shoulder length, grew it out to just past BSL and cut it to neck length. It became a lot of time to wash/condition/rollerset weekly. I'm now back at APL and will let it grow out a little longer, but not much.

Gorgeous locks. I'm all for cutting coloring etc. I find that when u finally figure out what u need to do in order to maintain long heathy hair, you aren't as hesitant to cut/chop/color do whatever. It will grow right back if u decide to grow it out again :yep: that's exactly how I am with my hair, which is basically the only reason why I never made it past BSL :lol:

Back