Who said natural hair can't "swang" *pics*

d-rock

Hey ladies!!!! It's been a minute since I posted on here, but I do check in from time to time and read. Any who, given the knowledge I've obtained here I flat ironed/hot combed my hair last night and it came out great. Oh, forgot to mention, I'm an all natural 4b and my hair has never come out this nice.

I'm dating a new guy and he's been begging to see me with my natural hair down so I took 3 hours to get through all of my APL layered hair, but he loved it so I guess it was worth it. :grin:

1228796555480.jpg

1228796698057.jpg

12287965761072.jpg

1228796610986.jpg

1228796654701.jpg

12287965984582.jpg

Nice, it looks really good. So, what's your regi? Are you gonna get a fotki? I'm trying to find more natural hair inspirations :)

Looks good. How did you do it?

Thanks! I used both a hot comb and flat iron. I sectioned my hair off in horizontal rows starting from the back and straightened really small sections at a time. I would detangle a small section run the hot comb through that section once and then use the flat iron to make the ends flip up. Note both the comb and iron were on very low heat settings.

Nice, it looks really good. So, what's your regi? Are you gonna get a fotki? I'm trying to find more natural hair inspirations :)

Thank you!!!!

My regi is in a redevelopment stage... lol.. I was in kinky twists for 4 months so I had to play around with my regi to remember what works. Right now I'm on a very low manipulation regi (not counting what I did to my hair yesterday) I put it up in either a bun or under a hair zing and leave it up for at least a week. I pre-poo with this Organics Long Hair Care Lotion and detangle then add a custom conditioner (mix of creme of nature hair repair condish - the one with the pink cap - and queen helen cholesterol condish). Leave all that on for an hour give or take a 5 hour nap and rinse. I twist wet hair in sections -adding more Organics lotion- and let hair air dry and put back up in a protective style for the week. This is all new, but I've discovered that detangling with the Organics and mixing the condishes made for kid easy detangling in the shower. And adding more Organics to wet hair made my hair air dry really soft.

Sorry that was so long.

d-rock, your hair looks gorgeous! And yes we can still get that swang LOL without a relaxer

Is that your honey in the picture? Does he prefer it straight or curly?

Cute! SO that's how it goes; get a new man and disappear...j/k :laugh: good seeing you and that hair. Looks good :)

I like you hair. it's nice and thick. I like your earrings too. I got a pair just like them except the flower is teal-blue.

Looks good!

I was expecting, admittedly, to see natural 4a/b hair without heat "swanging"...

Pretty...

Me too! :look: I think flat-ironed/pressed natural hair is supposed to have 'swang', isn't it? :lol:

Looks lovely though - thick and healthy. :yep:

I will tell you, that you are one of my top 5 favorites! And you are one of the few, I aspire to get my hair like!

Last edited:
Me too! :look: I think flat-ironed/pressed natural hair is supposed to have 'swang', isn't it? :lol:

Looks lovely though - thick and healthy. :yep:

I wish! Usually it comes out straight but stiff looking...:nono: Or it lays down but there's definitely no swang going on.

Back