Natural Hair + BKT=SWANG!(pics of course)

Okay, Mama, I hate to do this to you, but I need you to do a step-by-step post on what you would do the next time you bkt. I purchased some and I want to know what steps you'd take to make the application easier/better. Did I mention step-by-step? Also, please rollerset your hair so i can see what it looks like. ;-) Thanks, Chica~

Thanks. Yes it took 3oz for my hair, but I think that I will be able to use 2oz next time. ...
Clarify your hair well. I actually chelated the day before.

I noticed that some sellers only offer 1 oz, some 2, 3, & 4. I think I read about QOD Gold that if you can saturate your hair with 1 oz of conditioner than 1 oz is enough. If my hair is dry it will take more than 3 oz of conditioner. (It took 10.5 oz to color it) What happens if I don't have enough? I guess I'll have to be careful.

Also what is chelating?

Where are the pics, young lady???????

Check post #107. I plan to post more on Friday or more the loosen curl pattern.

Okay, Mama, I hate to do this to you, but I need you to do a step-by-step post on what you would do the next time you bkt. I purchased some and I want to know what steps you'd take to make the application easier/better. Did I mention step-by-step? Also, please rollerset your hair so i can see what it looks like. ;-) Thanks, Chica~

Ok, no problem. I will be doing this again in about a month. I plan to color my hair before this second treatment. And that will give me a chance to buy some rollers. I normally don't do rollersets, but since I am in the rollersetting challenge. Duh! I know, I'm no good. :nono: :yep:

Her hair is beautiful and one of the longest hair heads on the forum!

Luv it!!!

Awww, thank you but until I get to PinkSaktes, Chicoro, or Pokahontas type status, just to name a few, then I can feel that way. But that is very nice of you to consider that of me. Again, thank you. :kiss:

Last edited:
I noticed that some sellers only offer 1 oz, some 2, 3, & 4. I think I read about QOD Gold that if you can saturate your hair with 1 oz of conditioner than 1 oz is enough. If my hair is dry it will take more than 3 oz of conditioner. (It took 10.5 oz to color it) What happens if I don't have enough? I guess I'll have to be careful.

Also what is chelating?

Chelating is when you are removing minerals, in this case from the hair. It comes from hard water. I really wanted a good clean head or hair. I used ORS Aloe shampoo to chelate. The BKT that I bought, came with its own clarifying shampoo. I used that the day of. I think that the minimum that should be used is 2oz. Just use a color applicator brush to apply. Comb though and use fingers to saturate the hair. You will do GREAT! Keep us posted. :yep:

You have such beautiful hair and you have obatained fabulous results with the BKT. I notice that you used a "chelating" shampoo to clean your hair before the application. I think I too will try that next time, as I think that clarifying on its own was not enough for my hair.

What maintenance shampoo and conditioner are you using. I had to use TREsemme Salon Silk for my first wash, as the Escova de Chocolate shampoo and conditioner had not yet arrived. I can report no adverse effects to my BKT. I'm going to update my thread with my post flat-iron pictures.

Thank you for sharing your BKT experience, as you said on my thread, I think last week was BKT week!

Cutenss,

Your hair is gorgeous. Your BKT treatment turned out great!! You are right when you said that bkt is the new relaxer for naturals....

I'm glad you are very pleased with your results.....

You have such beautiful hair and you have obatained fabulous results with the BKT. I notice that you used a "chelating" shampoo to clean your hair before the application. I think I too will try that next time, as I think that clarifying on its own was not enough for my hair.

What maintenance shampoo and conditioner are you using. I had to use TREsemme Salon Silk for my first wash, as the Escova de Chocolate shampoo and conditioner had not yet arrived. I can report no adverse effects to my BKT. I'm going to update my thread with my post flat-iron pictures.

Thank you for sharing your BKT experience, as you said on my thread, I think last week was BKT week!

Hey, I am using Ojon hydrating shampoo and conditioner, with the restorative treatment as a pree poo. I think the chelating helped, just because I had not clarified in a while. I simply cannot believe how much I love my hair with this BKT. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my post, and for the nice words. BKT for life. :yep:

Your results turned out great. It is beautiful. I have been natural all my life and so want to take the BKT plunge, but I don't have the strength to do it.

Your results turned out great. It is beautiful. I have been natural all my life and so want to take the BKT plunge, but I don't have the strength to do it.

Thank you. And just know that you have the option, and that LHCF is here to give you the "strength", if you decide too. You will love it. I do. :yep:

I just got my BKT today! I can't wait to try it. Does anyone know if it is ok to use it one week after permanent color? My hair has been pretty dry so I'm not sure about not being able to use products for 4 days.

I just got my BKT today! I can't wait to try it. Does anyone know if it is ok to use it one week after permanent color? My hair has been pretty dry so I'm not sure about not being able to use products for 4 days.

Should be just fine, the coloring opens the cuticle more, so it should actually be good to color first.

Cutenss, you vendor came through. My first vendor flaked. I went to your vendor to order my BKT and they got it to me in 2 days!! It's on like popcorn now!!

I am still getting the QOD Gold and will try it the next time BKT to compare.

Cutenss, you vendor came through. My first vendor flaked. I went to your vendor to order my BKT and they got it to me in 2 days!! It's on like popcorn now!!

I am still getting the QOD Gold and will try it the next time BKT to compare.

Yea AJJ! :yay: I am so glad for you. I think that the BKT I used was AWESOME! Well at least you have enough product for awhile. So get started, so you can post pics. :yep:

What temp did you set the flat iron to the second time?

I have not done a second treatment, YET! BUt when I do, I think I can accomplish the same results with an iron of 400-425 degrees. But I will go to the recommended 450 degrees, in order to get the maximum results. :yep: HTH

Ok here are the pics I took post wash. I labeled them, but of course if you have questions, I would love to answer them.

GEDC0399.jpg

Fresh naked hair; Washed and Conditioned with Ojon hydration Poo and Con

GEDC0405.jpg

About 50% dry; hair has Moroccon Oil and Nexxus Headress Leave In

GEDC0422.jpg

Trying to show texture

GEDC0409.jpg

More texture

GEDC0406.jpg

Ok enough

GEDC0429.jpg

Maxiglide--finished product

GEDC0436.jpg

My favorite style

Oh sorry, I read this and thought that you had flat ironed a second time after you washed.

ETA: Your hair looks great! Sorry I forgot to mention that! :)

Last edited:
It will be GREAT! From my research here and googling, they say relaxed and color treated hair maintain the treatment longer, as opposed to non treated hair. Simce I am natural, it will be every two months for me. You should do it. DO IT! (peer pressure :yep:)

Cutenss your results are great :yep:. I am thinking about using BKT to replace my relaxer (Just For Me) after some more research. First question do I have to place the BKT from root to tip or just on the new growth ? Secondly I like to air dry most of the time and I was wondering would that be a problem?

Man I wanna do this to keep from fironing my hair...my ends are taking a beating thanks to my stylist ;-(. I really need to retain some thickness, and I'm hoping this is the way to go - rollersetting rules!!!

Last edited:
I used the same brand BKT as Cutenss, I found after trying it at 410 degrees that I wasn't getting that silky feeling. When I cranked it up to 450, it was pure silk. I was so nervous, I didn't think my hair could ever take that much heat, but it bakes the keratin into the hair just like they said!

ETA: Thank you Cutenss!!

You and PinkSkates gave me the courage to do this, I am so happy with my results!!

And a special Thank You :thankyou: to Sheba1 who listened to me whine and lament when my BKT didn't arrive on time and for her encouragement!! :luv2: :rocker:

Also a thanks to Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll who was a cheerleader and helped me get the vendor who delayed my order in check :grin:

Last edited:
Back