Natural Hair + BKT=SWANG!(pics of course)

Question OP, how many times did you run the flat iron over each piece? After reading your thread I did some research and found tons of info on youtube. The only thing that scares me is the contant ironing of a single sections of hair. In one video she flat irons the hair like ten times :blush:. If the BKT coats the hair does it also protect it from the heat? I really want to get this done for the summer. Thanks for your help.

Question OP, how many times did you run the flat iron over each piece? After reading your thread I did some research and found tons of info on youtube. The only thing that scares me is the contant ironing of a single sections of hair. In one video she flat irons the hair like ten times :blush:. If the BKT coats the hair does it also protect it from the heat? I really want to get this done for the summer. Thanks for your help.

Hi. I ironed each small section on the average of 5 times. From what I have read, the keratin that coats the hair is its own heat protectant. That is why you are not supposed to put anything on the hair, as far as heat protectants. Or anything else for that matter. You have long beatuiful hair. I think you would really enjoy the end results of the BKT. I will be doing it for life. I LOVE the way my hair looks, feels, and moves. :yep: HTH

I have a question. Your hair looks great by the way! Did you saturate the hair with the product? I saw where it only takes about 3oz of product for shoulder length hair and that doesn't seem like alot. I did this treatment on myself and I think I used more than 3 oz. My hair was difficult to comb through with the product in. It was coated and sticky. I was expecting to be able to comb through it like they do on the you tube vids.

I have a question. Your hair looks great by the way! Did you saturate the hair with the product? I saw where it only takes about 3oz of product for shoulder length hair and that doesn't seem like alot. I did this treatment on myself and I think I used more than 3 oz. My hair was difficult to comb through with the product in. It was coated and sticky. I was expecting to be able to comb through it like they do on the you tube vids.

Thanks. Yes it took 3oz for my hair, but I think that I will be able to use 2oz next time. When I saturated the hair in small sections, I first applied with a color brush (applicator brush). Then I combed through. Then I would run my fingers along that section to make sure that the hair was fully saturated. And I used a rattail comb with no problems. I don't know exactly what happened with you, but here are some suggestion. Clarify your hair well. I actually chelated the day before. That was the pic with me in the braids. The day of, I did 3 clarifying washes. That alone took me about 10-15 minutes in the shower. I wanted to make sure my hair was clean. DO NOT put ANYTHING on your hair after you clarify. I know that you hair will feel very dry and damaged. Apply the product in very small sections. I started from the back of my head. By the time I was done, I could comb through my hair with ease. HTH. If you have any other questions just ask.:yep: I am about to do my 4 day wash, and post pics.

Thanks. Yes it took 3oz for my hair, but I think that I will be able to use 2oz next time. When I saturated the hair in small sections, I first applied with a color brush (applicator brush). Then I combed through. Then I would run my fingers along that section to make sure that the hair was fully saturated. And I used a rattail comb with no problems. I don't know exactly what happened with you, but here are some suggestion. Clarify your hair well. I actually chelated the day before. That was the pic with me in the braids. The day of, I did 3 clarifying washes. That alone took me about 10-15 minutes in the shower. I wanted to make sure my hair was clean. DO NOT put ANYTHING on your hair after you clarify. I know that you hair will feel very dry and damaged. Apply the product in very small sections. I started from the back of my head. By the time I was done, I could comb through my hair with ease. HTH. If you have any other questions just ask.:yep: I am about to do my 4 day wash, and post pics.

woo hoo!!! pics!!! I been waitin all day for these!!:lachen:

woo hoo!!! pics!!! I been waitin all day for these!!:lachen:

I want to post wet and dry pics, so give me a minute. But I can tell you this, I am BKT for life for sure.:yep: No tangles, looser curl pattern, OMGosh, silkiness when wet. I can tell my hair is coated, but not in a bad way. In a my hair feels so smooth way. My hair is almost dry, so I am about to flat iron. I'll be back :yep:

Your hair looks gorgeous! I am going to try this brand since it's not costly and gets the job done.

I think you will LOVE it. I know you will. Plus not to jack my own thread, but can you tell me your reggie? My hair wants to be where your is, well maybe just MBL. :yep:

Do you think it makes any difference if I airdry? Or since its coated so to speak would it not really matter if I where to blow dry it every time I wash?

I think I will too, I really want to give it a go to protect my length, since my length keeps me from roller setting, it's either cut it to BSL so I can rollerset or start flatironing. But I'll only flatiron if I do this treatment.

My regimen is poo and DC 2x's a wk, once a wk lately out of laziness. Do protein treatments or henna gloss treatment every 6-8 wks. Airdry straight or in large twist/bun. Oh yeah I do oil rinses and tea rinses too.

I use to rollerset faithfully but my arms aren't long enough anymore even :sad: and I miis my sets.
I think you will LOVE it. I know you will. Plus not to jack my own thread, but can you tell me your reggie? My hair wants to be where your is, well maybe just MBL. :yep:

Last edited:
I'm trying to contain myself and focus on :office: My BKT isn't even here yet...so why am in like obsessing!! LOL :scratchch I'm taking a day off to do the treatment! LOL Hey I never take sick days!

I think I will too, I really want to give it a go to protect my length, since my length keeps me from roller setting, it's either cut it to BSL so I can rollerset or start flatironing. But I'll only flatiron if I do this treatment.

My regimen is poo and DC 2x's a wk, once a wk lately out of laziness. Do protein treatments or henna gloss treatment every 6-8 wks. Airdry straight or in large twist/bun. Oh yeah I do oil rinses and tea rinses too.

I use to rollerset faithfully but my arms aren't long enough anymore even :sad:
and I miis my sets.
I don't believe I have every heard this statement before. Hair is too long to roll...wow!! You would have to sit under the drier for like 3 hours!

Do you think it makes any difference if I airdry? Or since its coated so to speak would it not really matter if I where to blow dry it every time I wash?
I think you can do what ever you like after the initial wait period right after the treatment, except use that ingredient that strips the treatment of course. If you color your hair do it right before a treatment.

Ok here are the pics I took post wash. I labeled them, but of course if you have questions, I would love to answer them. Its funny because I did this, so that I could have bone straight hair. Now, I think I am loving my texture even more. I think I use the right curl product and a diffuser, I will be ROCKIN curls all summer long. I felt like Ola Ray (ol skool Micheal Jackson Thriller). Don't get wrong, I do love the shiny bone straight that came from this. Shiny and SWANGIN, still. I am going to do this once a month, to see if this will help me reach my goal of MBL, by December. Ok here they are...

GEDC0399.jpg

Fresh naked hair; Washed and Conditioned with Ojon hydration Poo and Con

GEDC0405.jpg

About 50% dry; hair has Moroccon Oil and Nexxus Headress Leave In

GEDC0422.jpg

Trying to show texture

GEDC0409.jpg

More texture

GEDC0406.jpg

Ok enough

GEDC0429.jpg

Maxiglide--finished product

GEDC0436.jpg

My favorite style

Thanks girls. I have more pics, but didn't want to bore. Again if you have questions, just ask!

Last edited:
:woot::dizzy: WOW! It looks great sis! I am SOOO trying this! Yup for me Im not technically interested in rocking bone straight but rather a FLY WNG that I dont have to worry that my hair is gonna "kick it to me" when I try and detangle it later. So awesome. Hopefully Ill try this towards the end of this year (lame I know:lachen:) I wanna get some more length first!

Thanks so much for posting your after pics! YA DONE GOOD! :grin:

ETA: Oh yea, I posted this in the other bkt thread but nobody responded. Is Sodium Chloride the only Ingredient that I need to stay away from in my products when I have BKT?

Last edited:
You still got your curlies!! From what I understand, it won't revert as fast while you are wearing it straight. Was it much easier to straighten??

I don't necessarily want bone straight hair either, but I gots to get rid of these knots and I want to reduce my shrinkage.

Did it cut down your flat iron time? What I hear is that it takes a lot less time to do your hair with the BKT treatment in it!!
Thank you! :up:

:woot::dizzy: WOW! It looks great sis! I am SOOO trying this! Yup for me Im not technically interested in rocking bone straight but rather a FLY WNG that I dont have to worry that my hair is gonna "kick it to me" when I try and detangle it later. So awesome. Hopefully Ill try this towards the end of this year (lame I know:lachen:) I wanna get some more length first!

Thanks so much for posting your after pics! YA DONE GOOD! :grin:

ETA: Oh yea, I posted this in the other bkt thread but nobody responded. Is Sodium Chloride the only Ingredient that I need to stay away from in my products when I have BKT?

Thanks girlfriend. As far as the sodium chloride, that and harsh sulfate shampoos.:nono: I am posting this link, that I think gives lots of information about BKT. Yeah I think I will be rockin' more curls that I thought. I just need a good curl definer. Back to being a PJ :ohwell: I'm BKT for life man. :yep:

Here's the BKT link, go info here:
http://www.squidoo.com/BenefitsBrazilianKeratinTreatmentHair

You still got your curlies!! From what I understand, it won't revert as fast while you are wearing it straight. Was it much easier to straighten??

I don't necessarily want bone straight hair either, but I gots to get rid of these knots and I want to reduce my shrinkage.

Did it cut down your flat iron time? What I hear is that it takes a lot less time to do your hair with the BKT treatment in it!!
Thank you! :up:

It did take less time, because there is practically no "detangling time". Still got my curls. Better curls. I only straighten so that everyone could get the full effect to make an informed decision for themselves. My hair was "relaxed". The curls hung. Shrinkage was reduced about 30%, which was enough. I think that this will help with the knots. I found several during the four days after I did the treatment. And split ends. But I am hoping that this will help not to make them worse, until I cut at they end of the year. Combing though this was a breeze. My hair had a silky feel, like I had never felt. Even when I was relaxed. I think that I am going to do what Poka with the Lustrailk shea butter and mango. She used it as a leave in defining her GORGEOUS curly hair. If it turns out I will post pics. And you make sure you keep us posted. Yall no I'm nosey :yep:

damn! we r hair twins. you:
GEDC0405.jpg

and me:
wet.jpg

Yours lays down better with the BKT. Mine looks like this when I put product in it and manipulate:
Christmascardpictures08098.jpg

Wow.

Nothing happens. I didn't flatiron at 450 and I had great results. There's no way on earth my hair can stand that much heat!

thanks for saying this VeeJee... I was wondering :ohwell:....

I have a ceramic tourmaline...but the sucka only goes to 395...I'ma have to take a chance with that...

and thanks to cutenss for the thread! appreciated! :yep:

damn! we r hair twins. you:
GEDC0405.jpg

and me:
wet.jpg

Yours lays down better with the BKT. Mine looks like this when I put product in it and manipulate:
Christmascardpictures08098.jpg

Wow.
Yay I have a hair twin :woot:

thanks for saying this VeeJee... I was wondering :ohwell:....

I have a ceramic tourmaline...but the sucka only goes to 395...I'ma have to take a chance with that...

and thanks to cutenss for the thread! appreciated! :yep:
It makes it eaiser to decide if you want to do :yep:

Beautiful results! Thanks for being so detailed.
Are you thinking about doing it?

I did it Friday night and after seeing your pictures I can't wait to see what happens on wash day! I feel like it's Christmas Eve or something.

Absolutely beautiful results! Your waves are so pretty and your hair looks so full and healthy straight!

I still got my eye on it....

Back