Natural Hair + BKT=SWANG!(pics of course)

I used the same brand BKT as Cutenss, I found after trying it at 410 degrees that I wasn't getting that silky feeling. When I cranked it up to 450, it was pure silk. I was so nervous, I didn't think my hair could ever take that much heat, but it bakes the keratin into the hair just like they said!

ETA: Thank you Cutenss!!

You and PinkSkates gave me the courage to do this, I am so happy with my results!!

Okay I'm in suspense - AJJ ~ where are those pics!

AJJ ~ just lovely! I too am texlaxed and hoping that BKT will end my 'permanent' relationship with my stylist. She's really getting on my nerves! Why do I have to argue with someone about NOT trimming my hair! It's my money and I should dictate what services I want or don't want - right? Well, I'm going to BKT her out of my life and get my sister to do my trims - TWICE a year, as I'd like to!

Ummm, sorry for the vent and Hijack of this thread but I had a few things to get off my hair (umm chest).... :wallbash:

AJJ ~ just lovely! I too am texlaxed and hoping that BKT will end my 'permanent' relationship with my stylist. She's really getting on my nerves! Why do I have to argue with someone about NOT trimming my hair! It's my money and I should dictate what services I want or don't want - right? Well, I'm going to BKT her out of my life and get my sister to do my trims - TWICE a year, as I'd like to!

Ummm, sorry for the vent and Hijack of this thread but I had a few things to get off my hair (umm chest).... :wallbash:
I had a brief laps of my senses and considered going to a stylist for a trim... :nono: I trimmed my ends myself. I know it needs more but I'll baby my ends until I'm ready to trim them.

You are doing the right thing! I am so happy I did!! I don't have the time, patience or money to deal with a stylist!! That was one of my many motivations for doing the BKT.

ETA: I'm sorry for the hijack too :look: I just wanted to come in here an sing Cutenss praises ... :giggle:

Last edited:
What is BKT please help? I hope it isn't a relaxer

Your hair looks AMAZING.

No it is not relaxer, but a treatment. It does not alter the internal structure of your hair, the cortex. What it does is give you smooth, straight frizz free hair, that is not affected my humidity. That is because it closes the cuticle, the external structure of the hair, with keratin. It does ''wear off'', depending on if you have relaxed, colored or natural. Those who are relaxed or have color treated hair, the results las longer, than those who are natural. The keratin is baked onto the hair witha flat iron that reaches 450 degrees.

There are many, many threads, with pics and lots of information and different brands, hair types etc. HTH
:yep:

Beautiful hair Cutenss! i am about to jump on the bandwagon, but will my Maxiglide be enough to reach 450 degrees? TIA! HHG!

Beautiful hair Cutenss! i am about to jump on the bandwagon, but will my Maxiglide be enough to reach 450 degrees? TIA! HHG!

I used the Maxiglide on my roots...BUT...I still had to use my flat iron that went to 450 degrees. You want to make sure that you ''bake'' the treatment on the hair. I have read that others used about 410-420. It just didn't work in my case. If your hair feels sticky, tacky, rough, or ahything but smooth and silky, you need to go over the hair until it does. You will be able to tell the difference. Trust me. HTH :yep:

that high ponytail screams healthy. its so smooth....... shiny... and i love that fact that you can still return to curls anytime you want. get smooth, straight hair easily plus it protects from humidity? !?!

i cant believe im considering this.

i need to be banned from lhcf, its going to destroy me lol.

that high ponytail screams healthy. its so smooth....... shiny... and i love that fact that you can still return to curls anytime you want. get smooth, straight hair easily plus it protects from humidity? !?!

i cant believe im considering this.

i need to be banned from lhcf, its going to destroy me lol.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! You will so love it. :yep:

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! You will so love it. :yep:

Yup :yep: I know I love mine! I'm with Cutenss... do it!

Just did my 4th bkt last night. Man, my hair has never been this healthy or this full or this long. BKT helps make wash n go's a possibility for me along with wet bunning without breakage and my hair is :heart: loving it!! Thread with pics to follow tonite!

Sounds easy - maybe I CAN do it myself. Does it come with instructions?

Yes it is. You clarify, then apply the liquid. Let that set for the allotted time. Then you blowdry it dry. Then "bake" flat iron at 450 degrees. Then SWANG! You are done. :yep:

I know that you did this a while ago, but ...wonderful results...I'm about to hop on the bandwagon!!!

I want to post wet and dry pics, so give me a minute. But I can tell you this, I am BKT for life for sure.:yep: No tangles, looser curl pattern, OMGosh, silkiness when wet. I can tell my hair is coated, but not in a bad way. In a my hair feels so smooth way. My hair is almost dry, so I am about to flat iron. I'll be back :yep:

I agree 100%, I am also bkt for life. I have tried to self relaxed...failed. I tried going natural...its not for me. BKT is for me. I mastered the application, the maintenance of BKT hair. Its been almost a year of using BKT. I always make sure that I have it in full size, biggest size possible available aside. I'm trying to do the same with all other hair products get the biggest size and then by smaller sizes on monthly basis.

Ok girls, here is another natural 3c/4a hair that took the BKT plunge. I LOVE IT! :love4: These is the BEST stuff ever. I have photos from start to finsh. I bought my treatment from Ebay for $36.50 including shipping. It came with 4oz of both the treatment and the clarifying shampoo. It came super quick. This will be the product that I use. It took about 4 hours total. I took a popsicle break. :lick: The fumes were not bad at all. The only time they got me is when I was flat ironing my hair towards my face. Any questions just ask.

GEDC0311.jpg

My supplies that I used. Not shown: fan, Maxiglide, mirror etc. I used both flatirons.

GEDC0331.jpg

My hair that I had washed the day before. It was dry.

GEDC0342.jpg

After I clarified washed and it was 80% dry, per instructions

GEDC0350.jpg

After treatment was appied. I was to leave it on for 15-20 minutes.

GEDC0359.jpg

After I dried my hair and started the flat iron process. See the difference!

GEDC0362.jpg

All DONE!! Bone straight! Heavy yet light and airy.

GEDC0369.jpg

I treid to show SWANG! Its hard to photo when you do it yourself.

That is my story. I have to wait four days to wash. I tied a scarf loosely around my head when I went to sleep. I will post more pics on Monday after I wash, in this thread. I know that there alot of BKT threads, but I wanted one of my own. :cloud9: I HIGHLY recommend this. For both nautrals and relaxers.

BTW...I used the same bra to track growth. (TMI?)

Congrats!!! Welcome to the BKT family!:yep: I've been bkt' ing my hair for almost a year. You will love it and its only the beginning. You will get better and quicker with the BKT application. Also, believe it or not ..you will find ways to make it even softer and silkier!! LOL! so if you like your hair now... wait until you get to try more things... you will be blown away.

I agree 100%, I am also bkt for life. I have tried to self relaxed...failed. I tried going natural...its not for me. BKT is for me. I mastered the application, the maintenance of BKT hair. Its been almost a year of using BKT. I always make sure that I have it in full size, biggest size possible available aside. I'm trying to do the same with all other hair products get the biggest size and then by smaller sizes on monthly basis.

Did you notice more growth retention? Less breakage? How is your hair growing with the BKT? I am considering this to wear it straight for a few months and reduce tangles/breakage/stress on my hair.

I think my hairs grows at the same rate regardless of what I do, be it relaxer, BKT etc. I did like the extra ease of wash and go's and other styles. I have not done a BKT in over a year, but I reconsidering do it again...soon.

Back