Who is your Love Guru?

Glib Gurl

Who is your Love Guru? The person who's advice you follow religiously . . . who inspires you and keeps you motivated? And, most importantly, gets results? :eyebrows2

Is it a celebrity? A relationship expert? A relative or friend?

Mine is Patti Stanger of the Millionaire's Club. Yeah, I know she's never been married, but her advice just makes *sense* to me . . . I started watching "Millionaire Matchmaker" for fun . . . and now I'm all over that . . . and I'm reading her book. Next up? Her dvd :grin:

What about you?

I have a few that I bite and toss the bones away from. Patti is definitely one, Greg Behrendt, Sherry Argov to name a few. Now that I'm putting some of their advice into practice, I'm seeing some results.

Paul Brunson: YouTube - OneDegreeFromMe's Channel
he hasn't posted vids in a while but I like that 1. He is very professional and has his matchmaking co. 2. The little amount of vids he did make are great. He is having a few events in cities across the country so ladies look out for them! (info on his channel)

Taking advice from Patti Stanger is like asking Stevie Wonder to teach you how to drive. How many people on her show actually end up getting married? I'd love to know what her success rate is. And the fact that she is unmarried yet claims to know the secret to landing men is ludicrous, bottom line she's a joke. I don't know who's worse her or Steve Harvey.

My momma. I know for a fact she has my best interest at heart, and she and my Daddy have been married for over 40yrs. So she has definitely walked the walk.

The Single Woman on Twitter. Just a few lovely gems from today. :love:

Is your story not going the way you like? Rip out the pages & begin again! The power is YOURS

Fall in love with LIFE..& everyone you meet will fall in love with YOU. :)

Exercise your right to be treated well..every day, without compromise.

Just because your destiny hasn't unfolded on your timetable doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

Ladies, u are a gem & a gem is to be found. When's the last time u heard of a gem finding the man?

Who is your Love Guru? The person who's advice you follow religiously . . . who inspires you and keeps you motivated? And, most importantly, gets results? :eyebrows2

Is it a celebrity? A relationship expert? A relative or friend?

Mine is Patti Stanger of the Millionaire's Club. Yeah, I know she's never been married, but her advice just makes *sense* to me . . . I started watching "Millionaire Matchmaker" for fun . . . and now I'm all over that . . . and I'm reading her book. Next up? Her dvd :grin:

What about you?

Patti's advise seems to make sense because her delivery is laced in masculinity. That tone makes women think it HAS to make sense. I love her show, but the chick has never been married, and she can't keep a man. She has said herself that she wants marriage. She had the ring, but couldn't seal the deal.

Thats like someone going to a hairdresser that is "supposed" to be known to grow hair, and the hairdresser's hair is chopped and screwed, and they have no real live testimonials. How many of the couples on her show ever moved forward with marriage? Even long-term dating? ZERO. The "millionaires" featured on her show don't pay a dime for her services. She says that she has a long track record, but there is no evidence. Patti is a fraud, and is nothing more than good entertainment. She is capitalizing off her her mini-celebrity by preying on women who want to be married. She knows it is a hot topic, and she is running with it, just like Steve Harvey. Patti makes my blood boil, and I won't go any further into what I know, but she is a fraud with a capital F. Im not attacking her persona. Its a Bravo thing. If you noticed, they kicked up the drama a bit this season, and you will notice Patti will kick someone out of her club each episode.

If you pattern your life based on Patti's advice, you will be single, and over 40 just like her. Trust.

Last edited:
Taking advice from Patti Stanger is like asking Stevie Wonder to teach you how to drive. How many people on her show actually end up getting married? I'd love to know what her success rate is. And the fact that she is unmarried yet claims to know the secret to landing men is ludicrous, bottom line she's a joke. I don't know who's worse her or Steve Harvey.
I think the company in real life is different from the show. The show...is a show. They have crazies on there for ratings.

Her advice doesn't seem out of left field, but I haven't read her book or anything to hear her in depth thoughts.

Last edited:

The bolded made me laugh out loud. :look: :giggle: I know I'm wrong. :nono:

Patti's advise seems to make sense because her delivery is laced in masculinity. That tone makes women think it HAS to make sense. I love her show, but the chick has never been married, and she can't keep a man. She has said herself that she wants marriage. She had the ring, but couldn't seal the deal.

Thats like someone going to a hairdresser that is "supposed" to be known to grow hair, and the hairdresser's hair is chopped and screwed, and they have no real live testimonials. How many of the couples on her show ever moved forward with marriage? Even long-term dating? ZERO. The "millionaires" featured on her show don't pay a dime for her services. She says that she has a long track record, but there is no evidence. Patti is a fraud, and is nothing more than good entertainment. She is capitalizing off her her mini-celebrity by preying on women who want to be married. She knows it is a hot topic, and she is running with it, just like Steve Harvey. Patti makes my blood boil, and I won't go any further into what I know, but she is a fraud with a capital F. Im not attacking her persona. Its a Bravo thing. If you noticed, they kicked up the drama a bit this season, and you will notice Patti will kick someone out of her club each episode.

If you pattern your life based on Patti's advice, you will be single, and over 40 just like her. Trust.

Honestly, I agree with your assessment of Patti's advice. I would even go further and say that, in lacing her advice in masculinity, she offers women the opportunity to know how they are viewed through a mainstream, Eurocentric paradigm of beauty that is very exclusive, oppressive, and embraces a standard of beauty that leaves even White women out, let alone women of color. She does offer some pearls of wisdom, but they're not anything I haven't read here or heard from married friends and wise single women. :yep:

A woman I know named Sarah. I can't say that she's my "friend" more so, she's a mentor since she's close to twenty years older than I am. She hasn't been romantically successful in the normative sense (unmarried, no kids), but she has made a lot of mistakes that she's learned from, and her and I have led startlingly similar lives and have many distinct similar characteristics. It's great to feel as if someone understands you without having to really explain yourself.

Even though it's directed at me, I couldn't help it - I :lachen:

lol I didn't mean badly. I just look at Patti and :nono: my biggest issue with her is the way she talks to people. I wish she would understand that you can get your point across without ripping people to shreds.

lol I didn't mean badly. I just look at Patti and :nono: my biggest issue with her is the way she talks to people. I wish she would understand that you can get your point across without ripping people to shreds.

I know what you mean. But in a way, I love it . . . it's like a Dr. Phil for love. And I especially loooove when she tears apart these fat, balding, oogly millionaires who only want to date hot babes who are 25 years their junior, but with brains :rolleyes: "Why, because you're such a catch?" she'd say. I loves it! (But then, of course, she proceeds to fix them up with women who are 90% of what they're looking for . . . must be nice to be a millionaire :drunk:)

I just like reading self-help books, in general. I watch Patty's show, but that fat lady from last night was clearly crazy. She couldn't have possibly thought that guy liked her. He kept talking about starting a business and having her pay for it, and she kept offering to buy him stuff. She must have extremely low self-esteem or some kind of mental illness.

I also didn't like on a recent show where a black lady showed up in a wig. Patty told her to come to the mixer and to wear the wig. When the lady got there, and the millionaire was paying attention to her, Patty made a comment that he's not going to like what he sees when she takes the wig off. I thought that was a catty comment that did not need to be made. I like her show less this season, too many millionairesses.

I don't have any gurus, but I use Bunny's approach to getting married as a template for what I would look for in a future relationship. :)

i have no gurus. my mom was like me and didn't think she was going to get married because everyone she knew in life were guys and gays. she honestly felt lucky to have met my dad.

other people i know who married after 30 said their husband fell into their lap.

everyone else who's been in serious relationships met their man in college when everyone was poor so it didn't matter.

and so i will just go about my single life... i don't think i need a guru. i need an available male population of which to choose from.

She's also rude and doesn't like people who are overweight. Patti get's the side eye from me.

I like JJ. Smith as well on youtube.com
I'm getting my sister on these ladies so that they can learn a little about the American dating game. :-)

Shay the Date Diva from YouTube.

Yep...love her!

But for me NO ONE tops Natalie from baggage reclaim! That woman helped save my life when I was an emotional wreck!

But prior to her...my gramma before she died. She was my best friend and the only one who knew my complete love life. She was so understanding and young at heart. Yet, her wisdom was priceless. God I miss her.

Last edited:
My husband and I have marriage mentors. They've been married quite a few years, have children, and are an amazing couple. They give advice from a Biblical standpoint, and have never steered us wrong. I would consider the wife my love guru.

Both of our parents have been married for over 25 years, but I wouldn't say my mom because we want there to be boundaries there when it comes to our parents giving advice and being in our business.

My love guru is an older woman I met while in college, she was part of the staff in the multicultural office. Her advice is ALWAYS spot on and whenever I've followed her advice to a T when dealing with men, the end result is always how she says it would be. Because of the advice I've received from her my "voice" is a lot stronger.

I know this is different but I dont have a guru but someone I look up to is Glib..for me when I first got on this site I was so broken..now that Im at a point to bring someone in my life she gives me hope love is real,love can be for anyone and Im deserving no matter my flaws.I heart Glib and Bunny too

Back