Who is a tenderhead? What is your peeve?

tekmommie

Are you tenderheaded? And what is your pet peeve about it?

I am very tenderheaded, which is why I became a stylist to begin with.
smile.gif
My fiance gets frustrated when he thinks hes playing in my hair and I cringe because it hurts
smile.gif

My pet peeve is when stylist scratch my scalp to shampoo my hair...I HATE IT!! I also hate when they brush my scalp like they are trying to clean some carpet or something...I'm like daaang my stuff aint that ruff!

Hey tekmommie!
wave.gif
Gotta love this thread!

#1)I HATE it when stylist leave my relaxer in too long and burn my sensitive scalp! That is like my number one gripe.

#2)Also when the stylist is neutralizing with the shampoo and they scrub too vigorously with their fingernails!!
whip.gif
whip.gif

#3)I also hate getting cornrows because they hurt my scalp
swearing.gif
and make me want to grind my teeth.

#4)Did I mention stylist who comb too rough??
grin.gif

I better quit now because I can come up with a whole lot more peeves!!

pooh123
Rose.gif

Wow...I must be tough-headed because I love when they use their nails to scratch my scalp while shampooing!! Im pissed because now I have a male stylist with no fingernails....go figure...

Oh yeah, how could I forget? I don't get braids either because I can't take it, even though I would love to have some.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow...I must be tough-headed because I love when they use their nails to scratch my scalp while shampooing!! Im pissed because now I have a male stylist with no fingernails....go figure...

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW Luna...I have a headache just reading about it
laugh.gif

I pretend to be a tenderhead when I go to my stylist. And I vocally insist that she do the comb-outs very gently (I am ABSOLUTELY afraid that she'll rip my hair out)

I am tenderheaded and my biggest pet peeve is that no one will do my hair...especially in braided styles because I have a reputation for being so tenderheaded.

[ QUOTE ]
I pretend to be a tenderhead when I go to my stylist. And I vocally insist that she do the comb-outs very gently (I am ABSOLUTELY afraid that she'll rip my hair out)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...but this sounds smart. Good idea
think.gif

I am. My peeve is people not listening to me when I tell them the braid is too tight. They'll say okay, and then same thing with the next braid. Then have an attitude when I tell them to take that [** potty mouth **] out. (I can't get over this potty mouth feature
laugh.gif
.) Also, when people are too rough with my hair and when I say something their like, "oh please, i can never do your hair"...and I'm like, "hey, I never asked you too...".

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not really tenderheaded but the center of my head hurts so bad when i get it braided.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to even be touched in the center of my head. It even hurts when I touch it.oooooooooooohhhh

TsAngel

I hate it when I go to the dominican salons and scrub my scalp so hard my head is jerking around and then they don't understand what I'm saying. I've been tenderheaded since a child.

I'm super tenderheaded too. But I'm tough. When I get my hair braided, I sit up
in the shop and cry if need be. The good thing is it keeps them from braiding
too tight. The edges are the absolute worst.

I also can't stand fine tooth combs on my dry hair. The good thing is I can't
feel a thing if it's wet.

I really don't like it when they come my dry hair from root to tip w/a fine tooth comb roughly. I know they don't comb their own heads like that.

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like it when they come my dry hair from root to tip w/a fine tooth comb roughly. I know they don't comb their own heads like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!!! That would not be going on because I would be speaking up. By the time I go to the salon for a wash/press my roots are NAPPY and combing them with a fine comb is asking for trouble. What would be the need for that anyway??

[ QUOTE ]
WHAT!!! That would not be going on because I would be speaking up. What would be the need for that anyway??

[/ QUOTE ] I wasn't that good about speaking up. It was a braider, I guess my hair was too nappy for her.

[/ QUOTE ] I wasn't that good about speaking up. It was a braider, I guess my hair was too nappy for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

[** potty mouth **] that. Too Nappy? What is that?? Hopefully with time you will speak up and not be afraid or fee that YOU are causing too much trouble.

[ QUOTE ]
[** potty mouth **] that. Too Nappy? What is that?? Hopefully with time you will speak up and not be afraid or fee that YOU are causing too much trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying that I feel that way, but that's the reaction that I get.

Yes I have learned that I do need to speak up.

Thankfully the braider I have now never combs my hair.

Back