Who gets 3/4 or 1 inch of new growth monthly

he he de1 yo hair is absolutely fabulous!! I mean really!! i had never seen no1 wit 4b naturalhair that grew that long and had begun to lose hope that i wud see anyone, thanx agen 4 keepin the hope alive /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif and did u say u been natural all yo life?? Wow, i relaxed my natural hair as soon as i turned 15 coz i wasnt patient enuff to comb the kinks... /images/graemlins/frown.gif i kno shame on me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

thanx london girl 4 postin them pics!
ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
p.s. u'll definatly reach waist length soon at the rate that yo hair grows

Hello ngga,
I have been natural all my life! Don't knock yourself for choosing to relax your hair. I'm personally terrified of using them, because I don't know anything about chemicals. I have three sisters who have used relaxers, now they all have very short hair. So I stuck with being natural and believe me, it was'nt an easy decision to make.

Happy hair growing! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I get both 3/4 and 1 inch new growth by brushing my hair some night.

And I stopped taking the vitamin supplement. Because I was considered by my local people saying "FAKE."

well, i get an inch of growth per month and i don't use any vitamins. all i do is wash my hair once a week (with optimum care shampoo), then i condition with a mixture of optimum care conditioner and cholesterol, and finally i use thermasilk as a leave in conditioner /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have been getting 1 inch and sometimes 1 1/2 inch a month.

I do try to get a bit over 100 grams of protein per day. Yes, that is alot but I also work out everyday. I get 1 hour of cardio and then strength train.

100mg protein
MSM
Silica
Cod-Liver Oil
Biotin 8,000mcg
Water, Water, Water...

My hair is natural, very low maintenance. Rinse daily, wash and deep condition 2x a week.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif u get 1 inch of growth per month without the use of vitamins?? love jones wud u mind exchangin heads wit me?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

life aint fair /images/graemlins/nono.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I guess I'll have to give this excercise and vitamin regime a try. Both of which, I am not currently doing or taking. My hair grows, but very slowly. I guess I am all out of excuses now that the weather has warmed up a little.

I purchased some vitamins yesterday and today I start taking them. Wish me luck.

Asha /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just posted my regime and update, on another post, just run a search. I've been getting 1" consistently before and I just got 1.25 these last 2 months.
HTH

good luck wit the vitamins asha and i kno one thing that motivates me is seein myself shoulder length natural healthy hair so try to picture yoself wit bra strap hair and belive me u'll start poppin them pills on the regular

ngaa /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ngaa said:
good luck wit the vitamins asha and i kno one thing that motivates me is seein myself shoulder length natural healthy hair so try to picture yoself wit bra strap hair and belive me u'll start poppin them pills on the regular

ngaa /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Boo!

londongirl3!Thanks for photos of adrienne0914. Keep on growing. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey den I hope you don't mind but I have printed that regimen! your hair is beautiful! Mine grows fast but has been breaking off almost as quickly. I was go glad to see about 2 inches of growth after taking out braids I had in for about 2 months! Now hopefully I'll keep it on my head. I've done away with the hairdryer and thanks once again for sharing your tips!
cool.gif

I'm heading for 2 inches this month, that means lots of excerise, dieting, drinking water, and remembering to take my supplements, protective styling, moisturising, and washing/conditioning the hair, phew!!!. I've done this before on alternating months, I'm sure I can achieve this again
grin.gif
.Good Luck everyone!

den1 said:
I'm heading for 2 inches this month, that means lots of excerise, dieting, drinking water, and remembering to take my supplements, protective styling, moisturising, and washing/conditioning the hair, phew!!!. I've done this before on alternating months, I'm sure I can achieve this again
grin.gif
.Good Luck everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

YES Den1, great minds do think alike.
wink.gif

I also designate a month for increase hair growth because it's not always easy to be sooo focued all the time.

I have been keeping a journal and being very dilligent with my water intake, vitamins and exercise in those times. I try to work out ALOT and when I do I really absolute see a major increse in growth. It's hard to be sooo consistant so I do it in alternative months. In the month that I am most focued I most definatly see much more growth.

The key for me is lots and lots of water more protein and exercise. Like yourself I do get as much as 2 inches in those times.

That's great, Jazzangel we'll report our hair growth results in a months time, if that's okay with you. Ready...Steady..Grow......!
grin.gif

den1 said:
Hello Emugirl,
Do you have a particular routine which helps you achieve 1 1/2 inches per month?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shear luck??? lol I'm not sure if theres one factor I can attribute to my growth. Excpet maybe that I consume alot of water. i eat very healthy. I do scalp massages. And I take some vit supplements, not any in great quantity though. For exacmple I only take 1500mcgs of biotin because frankly I feel any more than that is a waste since the body only uses a certain amount anyway.

Btw den I saw ur hair pics. Your hair looks great! My aunts have natural waist lenght hair and with your growth you'll be ther in now time!

Emgurl, AHH you eat healthy, drink lots of water, scalp massages, plus you take few vitamins. This is exactly what I fail to do. I get inch per month at the moment, however I have achieved more on quite a few occasions, for me its mainly to do with focusing myself, I've been ill so this does'nt help.

den1 said:
That's great, Jazzangel we'll report our hair growth results in a months time, if that's okay with you. Ready...Steady..Grow......!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're on neighbour!!! Woohooo now I am really psyched. I love a challenge. Don't forget the date now.

Don't forget to get more
sleeping.gif

Worst case scenerio I will loose a few extra pounds and from all the extra water and rest I will certainly have more glowy skin. It's a win win race.
clap.gif

On your mark, get set GROW
rosebud.gif

den1 said:
We'll post our progress a month from now. I bet I'll get the 2 inches before you do.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh now why did you have to go and say that????
You are on, just for that I will be praying to the hair gods 24/7.
grin.gif

Hi Den1,

I went to GrowAfroHairLong.com and your hair looks fabulous!
You said that you are achieving at least 1 inch, maybe 2 inches per month. Since you are natural, are you measuring your hair growth in terms of UNSTRETCHED/NATURAL new growh or STRECHED/BLOWDRIED new growth?

I get kinda confused because an inch of natural hair unstretched could easily be 2 inches when pressed.

Thanks!

Ebony

EbonyEyes said:
Since you are natural, are you measuring your hair growth in terms of UNSTRETCHED/NATURAL new growh or STRECHED/BLOWDRIED new growth?Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ebonyeyes,
I measure my re-growth whilst in cornrows or exstensions using a ruler, I rest it on the scalp and pull up the braid to measure the regrowth.
grin.gif

good luck den1 and jazzyangel on yo 2inch goals but i think i'll jus work on gettin this an inch a month thing consistant
smile.gif

Back