Who are your inspirations here in LHCF?

Thank you ladies who said that I inspire them!! It made my day!
Heck, it made my year!!

I have so many hair inspirations. One that comes to mind is Chicoro. She is the reason why I always take time to answer people's questions and help out. You'd be surprised at the people I stalk LOL They are BKT'd, relaxed, natural, short hair, long hair, etc.. LOL

I can't believe I forgot Southernbella. Her hair is amazing. I'm still tryna get my braidouts like hers.

Its an honor and a blessing to be an inspiration to you ladies

Thank u to those that mentioned me.

to be an inspiration to u ladies in any way , or to anyone, is the ONLY reason I am still doing what I do these days and been around so long LOL

Love u ladies :Rose:

There's waaaay too many for me to name and I 'd hate to leave anyone out.
This site is full of helpful and encouraging ladies.....and some drop dead gorgeous heads of hair.

Too many to name...here are the top ones that I stalk all the time and am in love with their hair. Some of my true inspirations are.

Mwedzi

Sera

Southernbella

KCurly

BlackMasterPiece

Loolahloo

DSylla

Lou lou

Sparkling Flame & Traycee and Queenie (she's gone now)

My road dogs.

Lets see where do I start?

Blackmasterpiece (girl I love your hair and you are too sweet)

Mwedzi (nothing but thickness and health)

KCcurly (Your hair is so healthy and your twists...:yep:

Southernbella (One of my inspirations for going natural)

Gabbanagirl (you hair always looks beautiful.

There are more I will post as I remember.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :band2: Thank you so much andromeda!!!!!!

I have sooo many inspirations here :yep: Relaxed, Natural, Transitioning...

At this point, because I am transitioning, my main inspirations are Long Term Transitioners & Naturals. I will not mention names because I know I will forget someone!

BMP, Taz, Maitai, Mummysgirl, stephelise, mwedzi, gabanagirl, zzirivingj, happilyme...Those are the first that come to mind. Basically anyone whose posts/threads have provoked me to respond with :cry4: or :thud: is an inspiration.

I'll be back with more...

ETA: How could I forget? Nonie!!!

Also, soleil185, southernbella, berryblack, ivey14...

Mwedzi.......Despite being "in the know" for some time I still can't believe her hair type can grow so long.

That's real inspiration. There are few others...Can't remember their names tho'

There are soooooooo many inspirational ladies on LHCF but here are the ones that stick out in my mind right now (I might have to add more later):

Sonce (is she still a member?)
Sera
Happily Me
BMP
Pamera (not sure she is a member - Her Fotki is Fab)
Mandy
Taz007
Ediese
Nichi
Mai Tai
Tash (UK Tash)

Toy- All of that beautiful hair and she isn't afraid to help/support
Your Cheezines- Check out her fotki- she's a hair guru!
HairDrama- Her progress is absolutely inpsiring
Sylver2- Hair Maven
Mdwezi- The natural of all naturals! Beautiful head of hair- just beautiful!

I love the heads of most of the long-haired beauties here, but the standouts for me personally are the ones that, in some way, remind me of my own hair. They may or may not have long hair. Sometimes, for me, it's the styling too. In no particular order:

(1) Mwedzi
(2) Kinkerbelle
(3) Sylver2 (if I were relaxed)
(4) Nonie
(5) Prettyfaceandb
(6) There is a natural who does some of the most versatile twists I have ever seen in life. She can do updo's and just about everything to her hair. I just can't recall her name at the moment. :wallbash::wallbash:
(7) Mandy - I think that's her full handle...but our hair is about the same length right now...

Great thread, OP!!

cj

Thanks to everyone who mentioned me.

:Blush2: I'm flattered.

Sera is my biggest inspiration. Her hair is very long and she does the best styles.

I also love Mook's styling ability and BMP's range from straight to afro. I also admire Nonie's skill and ease in taking care of her hair. There are of course many more, I can't even name them all.

There are so many ladies who inspire me, but honestly what inspires me most in that nearly all posts:
-represent a progressive path, unfortunately seldom taken by the masses
-defy stereotypes and dispels myths about AA women and their hair
-follow the each one teach one proverb

This site is like this rare microcosm of what real life would be like if we really made an effort to pay it forward.

OK didn't mean to get all kumbaya, but many thanks to you all! :grin:

BlackMasterPiece
Netta1
http://members.fotki.com/Netta1/about/
I stole this from Netta1's fotki I stalk her hee hee
Who is Netta1?????????

I am a God fearing women and a Christian

I am a dancer for the LORD and a force to be reckened with because of the power of the LIVING GOD withen ME.

I am a women in LOVE....I gots a man...lol

I am a beautiful BLACK women who is not ashamed of my blackness.

I am a women with a CRAZY/DRY/SILLY sense of humor. LOL

I am a DIVA by nature minus the bad attitude

I am a leader with the ability to follow

I am a sista with NAPPY hair who loves it and chooses to wear it out, open and FREE.

I am a sista who will change her looks at the drop of a dime (when I FEEL LIKE IT) by using weaves, braids/ wigs exc. I DON"T DO RELAXERS/TEXTURIZERS/PRESSING COMBS or any other damaging "processes"

I AM A WOMEN WHO CAN NOT BE PLACED INTO A BOX-------->I'M TOO UNIQUE FOR THAT.

I am a women who LOVES (NOT WORSHIPS) her natural hair.

I am a women who is here to educate folks about the true beauty of natural hair and dispell the myths assoicated therein.

I AM A WOMEN WHO IS HERE TO EDUCATE AND ENCOURAGE YOU.

ALL ARE WELCOME HERE!!!!

THIS IS A VERY FULL SITE....SO TAKE YOUR TIME. GRAB A CUP OF TEA....AND TAKE A SEAT... YOU WILL FIND MANY PICTURES, THOUGHTS AND MOTIVATIONAL WORDS HERE.

Peace, Love and Blessings

Netta1

Last edited:
There are soooooooo many inspirational ladies on LHCF but here are the ones that stick out in my mind right now (I might have to add more later):

Sonce (is she still a member?)
Sera
Happily Me
BMP
Pamera (not sure she is a member - Her Fotki is Fab)
Mandy
Taz007
Ediese
Nichi
Mai Tai
Tash (UK Tash)

I love the heads of most of the long-haired beauties here, but the standouts for me personally are the ones that, in some way, remind me of my own hair. They may or may not have long hair. Sometimes, for me, it's the styling too. In no particular order:

(1) Mwedzi
(2) Kinkerbelle
(3) Sylver2 (if I were relaxed)
(4) Nonie
(5) Prettyfaceandb
(6) There is a natural who does some of the most versatile twists I have ever seen in life. She can do updo's and just about everything to her hair. I just can't recall her name at the moment. :wallbash::wallbash:
(7) Mandy - I think that's her full handle...but our hair is about the same length right now...

Great thread, OP!!

cj
At the risk of being totally embarrassed, which Mandy?:look:

I too am so very inspired by all the beautiful women here (inside and out)
To name a few:
Mwedzi
BMP
Dlewis
Chicoro
Irresistible
Kami

These are heads I recognize w/o looking at the names (that's impact imo)

Oh and Adora too

To all, you each and all add fun and support to the journey. Thanks

FlowerHair
Pokahantas
DLewis
Tee
Supergirl
SVT

I tend to be very scissor happy and these ladies inspire me to let it grow!!

Pokahontas
Dlewis
PinkSkates
Cichelle
MedMunky (I know she changed her name, but I can't remember it now)
Sylver2
Tee
Empressri
Supergirl
Flowerhair
Chicoro
BostonMaria
HappilyMe

I can go on and on.....good job, ladies!

Last edited:
the reasons i joined
mwedzi
southernbella (lauren450?!?)
pinkskates

after seeing them i felt confident in my decision to go natural.

I have so many. I honestly wouldn't have reach a single goal with learning from so many of the ladies here!

Bianacaeyles.....You hair is beautiful at every length I've seen posted in your siggy! Beautiful.

Back