Which AVEDA product for daily moisture?

amina kamal

For all of you ladies that are using AVEDA, which of their products do you recommend for daily moisture? I had the Brilliant Universal Styling Creme but that was kinda heavy, What do you use that is a bit more water-based?

I used usc and I also felt that was too heavy. Most aveda users here use usc for daily moisture. Aveda doesn't have too many daily moisturizing products. I searched non stop the aveda site and the only thing that appealed to me as a moisturizer was usc. The only other moisturizing products I can think of are the humectant and anti-humectant pomades. But those may be to heavy for daily use. Unfortunately, I had to go outside of aveda for a daily moisturizer. I now use phyto 9.

Thanks Kari107!! I currently use Lacio Lacio which I will probably never give up as a leave in, even if I start using AVEDA exclusively for the other products. I think I heard the AVEDA DR would launch a leave in soon. Also there is an LHCF member who uses aveda exclusively (i cant remember her name) but she uses BE CURLY as a daily moisturizer. Maybe I will stick with my LAcio LAcio. How do you like the PHyto 9?

I'm really loving the phyto 9. It's light but moisturizing. When I combine it with the aveda brilliant serum it gives my hair a nice sheen. The only downside is the price it's 24.99 and the tube seems to be going down pretty quickly.

I use USC about every 2 days. I only use a teeny tiny bit. My hair is fine so it doesn't take much for my hair to look like the dog licked it :lick:....not a good look :nono:

I am going to have to try these products. I keep hearing nothing but good about it. theres a salon right up the street I might have to check it out.

Thanks Kari107!! I currently use Lacio Lacio which I will probably never give up as a leave in, even if I start using AVEDA exclusively for the other products. I think I heard the AVEDA DR would launch a leave in soon. Also there is an LHCF member who uses aveda exclusively (i cant remember her name) but she uses BE CURLY as a daily moisturizer. Maybe I will stick with my LAcio LAcio. How do you like the PHyto 9?

Hi AK, I did mention that Aveda was coming out with a new DR leave-in. When I was at Aveda over the weekend the sales lady mentioned again, it will be released in the fall but rather than a cream, it will be a liquid :perplexed
Im not sure how I feel about that but.....oh well :ohwell:

I use Aveda exclusively too but I've never used Be Curly. I do use Hang Straight, Brilliant Damage Control Spray & Elixir for leave ins as needed. HTH

Hi AK, I did mention that Aveda was coming out with a new DR leave-in. When I was at Aveda over the weekend the sales lady mentioned again, it will be released in the fall but rather than a cream, it wil:perplexedl be a liquid
Im not sure how I feel about that but.....oh well :ohwell:

I use Aveda exclusively too but I've never used Be Curly. I do use Hang Straight, Brilliant Damage Control Spray & Elixir for leave ins as needed. HTH

Thanks everyone for your replies :grin:

DIONNE31....Yea...about the Liquid Aveda DR leave in, I wish it were a cream, I liked the Brilliant Damage Control spray but again with rollersets I prefer a daily moisturizer that is creamy. The Elixir is nice on wet hair but I find it to be sticky on dry hair.

What do you think about Hang Straight? Is it creamy and moisturizing?

Last edited:
I'm really loving the phyto 9. It's light but moisturizing. When I combine it with the aveda brilliant serum it gives my hair a nice sheen. The only downside is the price it's 24.99 and the tube seems to be going down pretty quickly.

Yea I remember using this awhile back, you are right!! The tube is teeny tiny and doesn't last very long.

Thanks everyone for your replies :grin:

DIONNE31....Yea...about the Liquid Aveda DR leave in, I wish it were a cream, I liked the Brilliant Damage Control spray but again with rollersets I prefer a daily moisturizer that is creamy. The Elixir is nice on wet hair but I find it to be sticky on dry hair.

What do you think about Hang Straight? Is it creamy and moisturizing?

Yes, the Hang Straight is a cream & I find it to be moisturizing too. Sunday I rollerset using just the Control Spray & Hang Straight & a tad of the Brilliant serum. Today it's still soft & moisturized. I will use the USC tonight before I wrap it.

Yes, the Hang Straight is a cream & I find it to be moisturizing too. Sunday I rollerset using just the Control Spray & Hang Straight & a tad of the Brilliant serum. Today it's still soft & moisturized. I will use the USC tonight before I wrap it.

Durn it..don't make me run to AVEDA and pick this stuff up. Did you use the Damage Remedy to condish? Do you ever use the Brilliant condish?

Durn it..don't make me run to AVEDA and pick this stuff up. Did you use the Damage Remedy to condish? Do you ever use the Brilliant condish?

Sunday was my "clarifying day" so I used ...
Detoxifier Poo
Shampure Poo
DR & Brilliant Conditioner mixed
then the HG, DC spray & serum for rollerset

i really like the Brilliant conditioner, the poo is aight, I like the Shampure poo better.

Sunday was my "clarifying day" so I used ...
Detoxifier Poo
Shampure Poo
DR & Brilliant Conditioner mixed
then the HG, DC spray & serum for rollerset

i really like the Brilliant conditioner, the poo is aight, I like the Shampure poo better.

DAYUM GURL..How many lines do you have? :drunk::spinning: I can't afford all of that, I will be strugglin just to pay for the DR and the Hang..... Do you like the Brilliant Condish better than the DR?

Dionne31, I just checked out your fotki, your hair is so shiny and beautiful. I guess thats the AVEDA :drunk::spinning::grin:

Thank you :kiss:

Those pictures were taken in a couple of months ago I think. I was only using a few Aveda products then. Now im Aveda crazy :spinning: :drunk: I need to get some updated pictures.

DAYUM GURL..How many lines do you have? :drunk::spinning: I can't afford all of that, I will be strugglin just to pay for the DR and the Hang..... Do you like the Brilliant Condish better than the DR?
I have the DR, AB, & Shampure line &....
Detoxifier
Brilliant Serum
Brilliant anti- humectant pomade
Hang Straight
Universal Styling Creme
Elixir
Damage Control Spray
and a couple of the body products... but thats another thread :grin:

The brilliant conditioner is just as good if not better than the DR conditioner :hide: (move over sareca)

Dionne31, I just checked out your fotki, your hair is so shiny and beautiful. I guess thats the AVEDA :drunk::spinning::grin:

I second that :)

Ya'll have got me wanting to get some more Aveda products...maybe give that USC another try. But I think I've got my mind made up to buy some avocado butter and I'm TRYINNNNGGG not to become a product junkie.

I second that :)

Ya'll have got me wanting to get some more Aveda products...maybe give that USC another try. But I think I've got my mind made up to buy some avocado butter and I'm TRYINNNNGGG not to become a product junkie.

ZZ, Your hair is beautiful and so thick! My hair is fine and thin, i'll never have that thickness :wallbash: no matter how much aveda I use :sad:

ZZ, Your hair is beautiful and so thick! My hair is fine and thin, i'll never have that thickness :wallbash: no matter how much aveda I use :sad:

Donnie, Your hair looks nice and thick in your pics. I hope mine looks HALF as good as yours when I start using the stuff. I am going tonight after work and wash tomorrow.

I find the combination of the Damage Control Spray and the USC are awesome! Makes it so I do not have to use much USC at all!

Donnie, Your hair looks nice and thick in your pics. I hope mine looks HALF as good as yours when I start using the stuff. I am going tonight after work and wash tomorrow.
I really appreciate the compliment but honestly what you see is the result of rollersets. My hair is really fine & thin.... no where near thick. This is why I rollerset every week..it gives me volume & the illusion of thicker hair.
I hope you enjoy you aveda goodies! Let us now how you like em

Well ladies I went to the Aveda store and this is what I brought:

1. Sap Moss Shampoo
2. Sap Moss Conditioner
3. Brilliant USC
4. Brilliant Damage Control
5. Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss
6. Ylang Ylang Oil (Carrier Oil) Smells really good to put thru my hair to smell good!

She suggested Sap Moss because I already have UBH for a DC and I told her that I wanted to have something that would balance out my moisure and protein and so that is what she said I should use. We will see. I will be washing tomorrow night and I will let you know how it turned out.

The Damage: $110.79!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I HOPE I like it. The store clerk said that If I did not, I can always bring it back for a full refund so I do not feel THAT bad! :yep:

Last edited:
Well ladies I went to the Aveda store and this is what I brought:

1. Sap Moss Shampoo
2. Sap Moss Conditioner
3. Brilliant USC
4. Brilliant Damage Control
5. Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss
6. Ylang Ylang Oil (Essential Oil) Smells really good to put thru my hair to smell good!

She suggested Sap Moss because I already have UBH for a DC and I told her that I wanted to have something that would balance out my moisure and protein and so that is what she said I should use. We will see. I will be washing tomorrow night and I will let you know how it turned out.

The Damage: $110.79!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I HOPE I like it. The store clerk said that If I did not, I can always bring it back for a full refund so I do not feel THAT bad! :yep:

Hey chica, a word to the wise...If you don't like the Sap Moss Con as a regular con, try it as a leave-in. I have heard it works better that way. :rolleyes:

I find the combination of the Damage Control Spray and the USC are awesome! Makes it so I do not have to use much USC at all!

That sounds like a good suggestion, I still have some USC left over, maybe I will try it out b/c I did like the DC spray when I had it. :yep:

Aw, thanks *blushes*

Fine hair is gorgeous in it's own right as well so don't despair. There are styles with lots of body that you can do that also give the appearance of "fuller" hair. Some of the other ladies with experience in this may be good resources for how to achieve this.

Ladies, How exactly do you use your USC? What do you use it for?[/quote]

I used the USC for my ends [wet hair] to seal in moisture when airdrying or rollersetting. I think its kinda heavy for using it as a daily moisturizer. For me, products need more water in them to be moisturizing. USC is pretty concentrated so you don't need much

Back