Where My Girls At....

SNyeema

..(singing) from the front to back, now is you feelin that, put one hand up ...Remember that song? That was my jam!! Oh, sorry, anyway....

Haven't been here in a while and the last time I posted I was natural. Well I'm relaxed again and trying to get back into the swing of things. Recently (like last night) I highlighted my hair and now I'm wondering how to care for it. I had highlights a long time ago and my hair broke off terribly. But then I was also spritzing it to death and then frying it (can you say, sizzle sizzle??) every other day. I hardly ever moisturized and washed every other week.

Now, since I've gone back to the relaxer my hair has been lovely. Surprisingly I took it upon myself to self relax AND trim coming out of my natural hair and my hair has NEVA looked more shiney and healthy. I've been roller setting it and keeping it like that for one week. Oiling my hair and scalp daily and then washing and repeating. I wash my hair once a week (Sunday's) and then rollerset for the following.

My question (after all that rambling) is what type of shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner (and hot oil treatment) do you recommend for color treated hair? My hair has grown out in layers and the longest layer hits the very bottom of my neck (not quite the bottom yet). **I don't know why that last part was relevant to my question. Guess I have issues...**

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks family (**goes back to singing and wondering...whatever happened to that group?**)

Oh and let me say, I admire all of you who have the golden pocketbook. But please don't send me to some www.youtoocanhavegreathairlikemeifyouspend$50ona2ouncebottleofshampoo.com website because I just can't hang. Hopefully your advice will include products I can purchase from my local beauty supply store. I live in the Washington DC area so we have quite a few that are fully stocked. Thanks again.

I dont' color/highlight anymore, but when I did I never conditioned as much as I should have.

I can recommend the dominican conditioners that specialize in treating hair that is colored. sickbay.biz seacrh for hair care and find conditioners there that work for hair that is color-treated. Anyway A good jojoba hot oil treatment never hurt. Moisture will be your best friend now that you're colored...:look: bagging your hair, air drying, and the DEEPEST conditioner you could have ever imagined...cholesterol, protein...Mizani Kerafuse, K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, Neutrogena Triple Moisture line--they probably have a conditioner for color treated hair.

My #1 suggestion is use as little heat a possible :)

Back