Flat Ironed While WET

I am waiting for my FHI Runway to come in and they recommend using it on damp hair not soaking wet. I definitely want to try it. It seems like less manipulation and heat overall as long as you still use a good heat protectant. Plus they have this crystallized jojoba serum call "Hot Sauce" that it comes with that infuses the jojoba into the cuticle when it comes in contact with mater molecules. At any rate it shouldn't be too damaging if you pretty much avoid heat anyway ;)

Check out their website:

www.fhiheat.com
(very good explanations behind the science of ceramic plus a lot of great tutorial videos on flat ironing while damp, curling with a flat iron, etc.)

This scares me!!!
I don't even flat iron my hair
when it's dry... I will iron the roots
once every 3 months for my progress pics
... I've become very
paranoid about my ends ever
since I joined LHCF.
I won't be trying this anytime soon.
I've learned not to take risks where my hair is concerned.
But, more power to you brave women that have tried it.

Even if it could work on my hair, I just dont think I could deal with the sound of the water sizzeling from the heat :nono:

I've done the same thing using my MaxiGlide flat iron.
The stem does become quite hot but the results are definately worth it!

agreed, I decided to try this on Friday. I didn't leave my hair 100% wet and start with the maxiglide. But I did wait until it was towel dried about 60% then tried to diffuse a bit until it was around 75% dry and I started using it. Would never do it completely wet, but it saves the step of having to blow dry straight then flat ironing. I had great results too.

Back