Where are YOU NOW!!! Before and After pic :)

This is my before: June 07 when I first joined, and after: June 08

Attachments

• photo006-th.jpg
    photo006-th.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0023-th.jpg
    IMG_0023-th.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 68
Only a 2 1/2 month comparison to show, but it's somethin'. I'll be straightening my hair next week so will give a proper update then!

braidoutcomparison-vi.jpg

Thanx...
I really think its one of two things (or both) that has contributed to my growth retention and thickness:

- Ayurveda Regimen
- Transitioning!

Great thread!! I'm getting a lot of inspiration from all of these beautiful heads of hair. Here are mine again:

September 2007 (right after a major haircut)
090907b-vi.jpg

May 2008
052908FlatIron1-vi.jpg

:shocked::shocked::shocked: That's a lot of progress in 2 months!!!

Wow! Please give up the goods?! :grin:

Awesome progress. Would love to also hear your regime :)

Wow! :blush::blush::blush:
please share your regimen!:yep:

Sorry ladies, I just saw these posts. By now you have probably seen my regimen.

I really do not do much for my hair other than TLC and keeping my regimen as simple as I can.

My Regimen: (Inspired by Candy C, MedMunky, & ReddTweety).

Preshampoo Oil Treatment: amla & shikakai oil the night before wash day (sleep with hair in plastic shower cap)

Shampoo: Ayurvedic hair powders (amla 2 tsp, shikakai 1 tsp, brahmi 1 tsp) in 1 cup hot water, 1 cup cold water, 2x per week per Candy C's instructions
Shikakai bar every 4 weeks and as needed

Cowash: 2x per week, w/Tresemme Pro-Vitamin B & Aloe, Vitamin E (do this after each powder wash)

Deep Condition: After every wash with Queen Helene Cholesterol + EVOO or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (for 45 min under conditioning cap)

Daily Moisturize: Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisturizer, Qhemet Biologics amla & olive heavy cream, Hair2Heaven Endall to seal

Nightly Scalp Massages: Gro-Aut oil and Mahabhringaraj oil

Sleep with satin cap. The only time I use direct heat is when I flat iron my hair. I will not flat iron again until October for my birthday, then again in December. After that, I will only flat iron twice a year to check length and trim if needed.

That's about it, I forgot to add that I take a multi-vitamin (Wal-Mart Brand) daily.

I think the the growth spurt is from the warm humid weather here in the South. Also, my hair is moist all the time and I wear it up almost 99% of the time.

Hope this helps.
:angel:

OOOOOOOOH I'm so late with this thread!!!!! I juyst lovvvve it! We all inspire one another which is great! I hate when people assume that black women can't grow their hair...these assumptions come from our own sistas too :nono: Yes we can have beautiful hair!!!!!!!!

Sorry ladies, I just saw these posts. By now you have probably seen my regimen.

I really do not do much for my hair other than TLC and keeping my regimen as simple as I can.

My Regimen: (Inspired by Candy C, MedMunky, & ReddTweety).

Preshampoo Oil Treatment: amla & shikakai oil the night before wash day (sleep with hair in plastic shower cap)

Shampoo: Ayurvedic hair powders (amla 2 tsp, shikakai 1 tsp, brahmi 1 tsp) in 1 cup hot water, 1 cup cold water, 2x per week per Candy C's instructions
Shikakai bar every 4 weeks and as needed

Cowash: 2x per week, w/Tresemme Pro-Vitamin B & Aloe, Vitamin E (do this after each powder wash)

Deep Condition: After every wash with Queen Helene Cholesterol + EVOO or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (for 45 min under conditioning cap)

Daily Moisturize: Giovanni Direct Leave-In Moisturizer, Qhemet Biologics amla & olive heavy cream, Hair2Heaven Endall to seal

Nightly Scalp Massages: Gro-Aut oil and Mahabhringaraj oil

Sleep with satin cap. The only time I use direct heat is when I flat iron my hair. I will not flat iron again until October for my birthday, then again in December. After that, I will only flat iron twice a year to check length and trim if needed.

That's about it, I forgot to add that I take a multi-vitamin (Wal-Mart Brand) daily.

I think the the growth spurt is from the warm humid weather here in the South. Also, my hair is moist all the time and I wear it up almost 99% of the time.

Hope this helps.
:angel:
craaazy! that is more or less identical to my regimen even down to the vitamins from walmart :blush: i just use different conditioners and moisturizers.

oooh im so happy now because you have been my hair idol since i joined :yep:

Here's my progress. I thought my hair would grow really slow because I can't use the stuff everyone else uses, but I feel I'm on point.

Back