• @ 7"

Votes: 99 19.3%
  • @ 8"

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • @ 9"

Votes: 11 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm just speaking on her. On me I am APL when my hair is one inch past my pit. When it is barely touching my pit I WILL b claiming because I worked durn hard for it lol

I thought APL was when you can take the nape of your hair and tuck it right in the crease of your arm pit/shoulder???

See that's what I thought too! What do I know LOL :spinning:
Just to be sure I looked it up on this hair chart

I say claim it! (BTW we need a claim it smilie LOL)

Attachments

• Hair Measurements Chart.jpg
    Hair Measurements Chart.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 106
To me, there's nothing to claim when you have 4 strands hitting your next goal length. When 30% or more of your hair easily hits that level, then claim it... People be like.... I got three strands and they are BSL so I'm BSL!...

I'm just speaking on her. On me I am APL when my hair is one inch past my pit. When it is barely touching my pit I WILL b claiming because I worked durn hard for it lol
Me too! I dnt care if its just a few hair. I will be running around tell everyone I am APL.

To me, there's nothing to claim when you have 4 strands hitting your next goal length. When 30% or more of your hair easily hits that level, then claim it... People be like.... I got three strands and they are BSL so I'm BSL!...
I am so that girl....:look:

No way! Where are you starting the measuring... I start it at the bottom of my neck... see this picture...

wl6bko.png

Oh:look: lol, I was measuring from the hair at my nape. I'll be at APL when I hit 6.5

just counting the layer in the back nape area, I would say 6" but for full on APL and then some, 9"(of course that layer in the back nape would be BSL.

When i first saw your post I voted to claim it.

now after reading I'm wondering if I should recall my own APL claim from last week. :(

You're there already ST. But overall you can't necessarily go by inches. Everybody is not the same height nor has the same length neck or size head. I know APL is gonna be longer than 9 inches on me because I'm tall with a long neck.

Last edited:
The distance of the hair strand from the scalp to the armpit varies. So inches is not an accurate indicator of armpit lenght. The armpit is. My hair only reaches to my armpit in a small section so I don't claim it.

You're there already ST. But overall you can't necessarily go by inches. Everybody is not the same height nor has the same length neck or size head. I know APL is gonna be longer than 9 inches on me because I'm tall with a long neck.

The distance of the hair strand from the scalp to the armpit varies. So inches is not an accurate indicator of armpit lenght. The armpit is. My hair only reaches to my armpit in a small section so I don't claim it.

We already discussed this earlier in the thread
... the POLL is about ME, my hair, my APL! :wallbash:
I think people have enough common sense to know
that... right... OMG I hope so... ya'll have common sense right?
Let me state again for the record for people that don't like
to read or people low on common sense...
I have a long neck/back...
my measurements will not be universal...
they may not work for you...
I think people know that
and for those of you who didn't... my prayers are with you.

I think people know that

:lachen::lachen: Calm down!!

I think you, SOUTHERNTEASE, can claim APL at 6 in. because a good amount of your hair is at APL. And sure, no-doubt-about-it APL is at 7 in. for you.

I think people know that
LMAO @ the above. You are definitely an only child :yep:

My thoughts... Claim it! If you're the perfectionist, wait until you hit 7.

I hate when people claim it and only a bit of their hair is actually touching the mark. The majority of your hair needs to be touching the mark... 6 inches according to your diagram.

I think people know that

Exactly! I dont know what the whole height crap was about. ANY length you claim is where it hits on YOU. I want to say 6-7.

What I wanna know is how in the world did you make it to APL so fast. Did you not just do a big chop or was that a long while back.
Beautiful hair btw.

You've definitely hit APL, but I wouldn't call it full APL yet.
Your hair has grown like weed though. Congratulations, you are doing an EXCELLENT job on your hair. And thanks for being an Idol!

I think people know that

Southern tease you need to calm down. That common sense comment wasn't needed sweetie. You are asking others when you're armpit but I lack common sense? You don't know me...so don't go there with me...........not the one. BTW I have common sense enough to know that you're trying to put other ladies on blast who YOU don't think hit the armpit mark. Anyway I'm not going to loose sleep over your armpit, your neck, or your lil trantrum....................peace. D loc got bigger fish to fry.......happy measuring.

What I wanna know is how in the world did you make it to APL so fast. Did you not just do a big chop or was that a long while back.
Beautiful hair btw.

:lachen:I was just saying the same thing!!! I thought she was posting a retro pic!! :lachen:
Lovely growth and yes, you are at APL right now- not full APL but nevertheless at apl, sis :yep:!!

Thanks for that chart Boston Maria. I'm shoulder length...I had no idea. LOL!

Nah I have lots of natural layers..I can pull the back to the front and be collarbone. The back is a bit maybe inch or 2 pass neck. To be easy I can just claim chin length....at least no one can say I'm frontin'. lol

it'd be at your 6/7 inch mark pretty much where your armpit is lol it'd be dumb to say it's where your arm pit ends. as soon as that line starts at 6 inches, lift your arm and what do you have *gasp* your armpit ..lol i dont see what's so difficult about that.

Last edited:
girl, claim what u want to claim. we're no jury. u look apl to me.. i don't think it's that particular, it's not a science, if ur reaching pit and/or u feel like you're apl.. you're apl. everyone has their own personal hair goals and ideals. whoever's claiming lengths that they know they are not.. they're only cheating themselves. your hair is very pretty.. happy growing.

Back