What's Wifely Duties To You?

PrissiSippi

Simply Komplex
Is there even such a thing? What do you envision is a wifely duty a woman should provide for her children and/or husband?

Im from the south and per my grandmother wifely duties were to cook, clean and take care of the children. It was mandatory in her house that all of her daughters and granddaughters learn to cook. Thats the one thing she didn't play about.

Now I cook because DH refuses to learn. But he is a regular mister mom when it comes to everything else.

Who are you and where is the real Barbie?
Getting old :lol:

Been engaged and shacking too many times and have too many married friends.

At this point there I'm pretty much hell bent on not doing certain things. maybe it's just me and my lil group of girlfriends but we are getting lazier the older we get. Some of the things some wives do ive seem others refuse to do and their relationships work out just fine. I cook but I don't clean, wont be cleaning etc. My grandma is lazy, entitled and spoiled as hell, I'm gonna grow up to be just like that. :lachen:

All I got is sex, I don't think women should say no too often.

No such thing. Depends on the woman and the relationship.
Not married yet but I agree with this. For me this means being his best friend (or at least part of his inner circle), confidante, #1 supporter/defender, always having his back, taking care of him, like if I know he's coming home after a long, stressful day, preparing dinner for him and keeping our kids, if we have any, occupied. Complementing his strengths and filling in where his weaknesses are.

I'm pretty 21st century but I was raised by traditional southerners so I believe in some traditional aspects of marriage. But definitely not all.:look:

Everything IMO is wifely duties from keeping the house clean, taking care of the kids, pet(s), and hubby. Keeping his belly full and balls empty. Running his bath water, stroking his ego, everything.

I'm a southern girl so my opinion my vary from those in other parts of the country.

Yes girl. Go on, be the CEO of the company. I'll be the CEO of the house.

No such thing. Depends on the woman and the relationship.

This would have been my answer five years ago.

This.

I'll do whatever if you give me a nice house to do it in.

This is my answer now.

I'm a southerner too and was taught to do the wifely things. I was meh on all that for awhile on general principle but after awhile I felt more of a pull to do the traditional wifely things. I'm very happy with it now. It's comfortable.

Everything IMO is wifely duties from keeping the house clean, taking care of the kids, pet(s), and hubby. Keeping his belly full and balls empty. Running his bath water, stroking his ego, everything.

I'm a southern girl so my opinion my vary from those in other parts of the country.
Lol girl you sound like my family from the rural parts of the Sipp. Lol they GO by this sentiment.

Getting old :lol:

Been engaged and shacking too many times and have too many married friends.

At this point there I'm pretty much hell bent on not doing certain things. maybe it's just me and my lil group of girlfriends but we are getting lazier the older we get. Some of the things some wives do ive seem others refuse to do and their relationships work out just fine. I cook but I don't clean, wont be cleaning etc. My grandma is lazy, entitled and spoiled as hell, I'm gonna grow up to be just like that. :lachen:

All I got is sex, I don't think women should say no too often.
Lol yeahhhhhh I'm surprised by your answer fareal fareal

^^I've heard old people refer to it mainly as sex but also

Keeping the house clean
Entertaining his friends by cooking when they come over
Cooking healthy meals
Keeping the finances straight
Ironing his clothes for the week
Fixing him balanced meals/leftovers to take to work
Keeping your appearance up.

I just wondered what other people thought

Whatever my husband and I agree on. I know my ex is a better cleaner than me and I know another guy who is anal about the vacuum lines, so I let them do it.

@PrissiSippi
Keeping the house clean
Cooking healthy meals

Wow. Doing all that, get up go to work, go to gym and come home to do this and take care of the children. I feel tired already!

Married and southern and we share many of the traditional duties associated with the wife. We both work outside of the home so we both work inside of the home too. I was married previously and tried to be the do it all housewife and work...nah, yall can have the superwoman role.

Besides, my husband has come to learn that what turns me on is him helping out around the house and with the children.

ETA I don't mind doing anything for my husband because he doesn't mind do anything for me...at least we never let the other know if we do lol.

Last edited:
@PrissiSippi
Keeping the house clean
Cooking healthy meals

Wow. Doing all that, get up go to work, go to gym and come home to do this and take care of the children. I feel tired already!
Exactly! Lol but I have family members and friends that do it no problem. Lawd!

Back