what's the longest time u've gone w/o ......

bAbyGirLbX

what\'s the longest time u\'ve gone w/o ......

washing your hair???

I just realized yesterday that I've gone 3 entire weeks without washing.
blush.gif
I know....i know. I usual wash it every week but I've been so busy socializing and going out every weekend that I haven't had the chance. I am sooooo disappointed at myself. Yet for some reason 4 different people told me my hair looked great today. I promise I will wash it tomorrow.

So what's the longest you've gone?? I know I'm not the only one!

Re: what\'s the longest time u\'ve gone w/o ......

Before I knew better, I would go like 2-2/1 weeks at the most. Anything after that my hair would look a mess, and not smell fresh. I don't think 3 weeks is all that long- especially if you have a protective style, so don't beat yourself up too badly.

Starting from a few months ago, I have been keeping my hair braided,on and off, in individual braid extensions and i wash my hair with shampoo every two weeks.I clean my scalp with Organic root stimulator herbal cleanse every two to three days. Sometimes i rinse my hair once a week. When i'm out of braids, I wash my hair every week. So i would say the longest i have gone without washing is two weeks.

LOL @ so disappointed at myself...
laugh.gif
don't spank you too bad, girl!!

two weeks is my limit because of the psoriasis, and it's GROSS after two weeks!
shocked.gif

The longest I have ever gone 1 month. I was wearing one of those raised wave hairstyles.

When I was younger and I let my mom take care of my hair (I don't think I was aware of the fact that I even had hair, not to mention the existence of fashion sense)
laugh.gif
ok...back to the point, back then, my hair probably got washed every 1 month. My mom dunked my hair in the sink and I remember hating getting my hair washed, but the fact that I remember each one proves that they were far and in between. This is quite pathetic but I think I even remember getting taller between a single wash and having to dump the chair
laugh.gif
So basically I got chances to grow before getting my hair washed
laugh.gif

I have gone at least 3-4 weeks. That was before I started checking out the internet to take better care of my hair. But my hair was always up in a clip. Put a scarf on at night with a ponytail holder; take out the ponytail holder the next morning and put it in a clip with my ends tucked in. Not to protect the ends because I didn't know anything about that. I did it because the ends were so dry and they looked all frizzy so I wanted to hide it. After I found the hair boards and internet sites, I started taking better care of my hair and wore it down and people were like "whoa your hair is pretty and I didn't know it was that long." Since my new-found knowledge, I've not been longer than a week.

when i went away to college i went more then 1 month, i'm too embarrassed to say how long. but this was when i didnt know how to wash my hair and it cost 35 dollars to wash my hair at walmart salon( poor college student)sooo, it just went without washing.

Before I knew any better, and back when my mom was still washing my hair, I'd go for a month, sometimes longer! And I wondered why my hair never grew...
laugh.gif

The last time I had my hair pressed, I went almost 4 weeks without washing
barf.gif
That's because my press was so bouncy and pretty that I wasn't trying to let go (plus I wanted to get my $60 worth
laugh.gif
).

I used to go months when I had a curl
shocked.gif
....because my hairdresser told me and since that's the only style I wore for years I didn't know any better!

i used to go months also..i am ashamed to say it....
when i wore braids....yes ,months...maybe 2 at a time....it was really itchy and gritty...yuk!!

My mom told me in first year university to wash my hair every 3 weeks to a month only.And I kept it up for about 4 months.Needless to say,my hair got very dry and broke lots.And my dandruff had a field day

a month was the longest. I had braids so I sorta thought It didn't matter
blush.gif
. I definitely learned my lesson
smile.gif

I am ashamed to admit it but my first semester of college I went that entire semester from August to December without washing my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
bAbyGirLbX said:
washing your hair???

I just realized yesterday that I've gone 3 entire weeks without washing.
blush.gif
I know....i know. I usual wash it every week but I've been so busy socializing and going out every weekend that I haven't had the chance. I am sooooo disappointed at myself. Yet for some reason 4 different people told me my hair looked great today. I promise I will wash it tomorrow.

So what's the longest you've gone?? I know I'm not the only one!

[/ QUOTE ]

girl, i'm mad that you posted this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
we already had this convo, and i am too ashamed to say, but look @ it this way, look how many other ladies on that site that typed 4 weeks=month and i even saw 8 weeks. see, so my ---- weeks wasn't so bad
trampoline.gif

lol, u know i will never go that long again, ok i will spill 5 weeks during my first semester @ college-let's say i was so caught up with being a college student for the first time that clean hair was not on my mind-shoot it was looking good when it was dirty
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

3 months... in braids. I used witch hazel to clean the scalp every two weeks but no water to hair for 3 months. just some braid spray and go....

When I was in college I could go without washing my hair every 2 weeks. I couldn't do that now though because I love the feel of clean hair and scalp (Every 3-4 days now).

[ QUOTE ]
ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
I am ashamed to admit it but my first semester of college I went that entire semester from August to December without washing my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

When I was in high school, I once went from touch-up to touch-up without washing...that would be 2 months. What was I thinking? Out of all the abuse I did to my hair back then, it grew and was healthy.
confused.gif

As far as what I can remember, since I've been doing my hair, probably not more than a little over a week. Even before I got hip to the hair boards I always couldn't stand the buildup on my scalp and how it would get itchy by the time a week was out. Even in human hair braids (the 2 times that I had them), I would get to a point after a week and a half or so where I just couldn't stand the scalp itch and I would jump in the shower for a wash. Because of that, I never could keep the braids looking nice and fresh for very long.

The longest I've gone in life without washing has been 2 weeks. By the end of the second week, the itching was just too much and my hair smelled.
blush.gif
Don't know how I did it.

Now I wash twice every week (every 3 days).

I think I may have gone about a month or so when I was braided, in college...
Nowadays, I may wash twice in one day. It just feels good to me and makes me feel "clean" when I wash it. As long as it's not dry, I'll keep washing about 4-5 times per week..

it seems like a majority of us had other things on our mind in college besides hair! i'm one of those guilty persons

Whoa, when I was growing up it seems like my mom rarely washed my hair!! But it was down to my waist, I also have 3 younger sisters so maybe she just couldn't handle doing all that hair!! And all of us still have longer hair. (A bit of braggin-my hair is the healthiest though!!)

Now, like Adrienne, I can't go two weeks!! My eczema would be off the chain!!

my longest was 5 weeks cause my hairdresser went away and i was afraid to wash my own hair(this was before i knew any better) Heck, when i was small my mother washed it only once a month
nono.gif

I'm on my way to 2 weeks, and probably will go three, but that's only because I have a weave in, and I'm lazy.
sekret.gif

But when I was younger, my mom washed my hair every blue moon (once a month or every 2 months). It was very long too.
nuts.gif

Hahah.... some of you have made me feel so much better. I'm glad to see that I am not the only one. I still didn't get the chance to wash my hair today =( but I MUST wash it soon. It's starting to get a bit stringy.

Back