What's the Best Gel?

What's the Best Gel you have ever used?

• Total voters

crlsweetie912

Ladies:
In my opinion, bunning takes practice and the right tools. I have found the right brush, and technique, but the right gel has eluded me. What is the Best Gel you have ever used? Thanks in advance for your responses! ;)

Hello.... I'm still kinda new.... Let's Jam gives me nightmares from the 80s. LOL! I like that the Fantasia IC has no alcohol and it's holding well. I used some this morning.

RelaxerRehab said:
Hello.... I'm still kinda new.... Let's Jam gives me nightmares from the 80s. LOL! I like that the Fantasia IC has no alcohol and it's holding well. I used some this morning.

I've been wondering about this gel, does it make your hair hard? Do you use it on dry, wet hair or both? TIA

The cheapie brown protein gels are the best for me. They always give a soft, shiny, humidity resistant all-day hold. Sometimes I have to heat it up or leave it out with the top off to make it a little thicker tho.

631011.jpg

sareca said:
The cheapie brown protein gels are the best for me. They always give a soft, shiny, humidity resistant all-day hold. Sometimes I have to heat it up or leave it out with the top off to make it a little thicker tho.

631011.jpg

Sareca: Everyone always says bad things about brown gel so I stopped using it! I think it's the protein? Your hair is growing something good. Maybe I'll try it with the moistruizers and it won't be so bad!

Thanks for the responses ladies, keep them coming!:)

I voted "Other"... I haven't tried the gels listed in the poll on my hair... I like Citre Shine Gel!

The best gel for slicked back styles like buns in my opinion is Fantasia Thick N' Shine. It is a "brown" gel, but I think this out shines your ordinary brown styling gel. I go through jars and jars of this stuff with no adverse effect and use on my slicked back low pony puffs.

IMG_1585-vi.jpg

My favorite gel is Aura Hypoallergenic gel that I get from Sally's. A little goes a long way and it holds my hair well without making it sticky or product-y. It's also good for wearing my hair out, soft hair with no crunch.

so1913 said:
The best gel for slicked back styles like buns in my opinion is Fantasia Thick N' Shine. It is a "brown" gel, but I think this out shines your ordinary brown styling gel. I go through jars and jars of this stuff with no adverse effect and use on my slicked back low pony puffs.

IMG_1585-vi.jpg
I use IC sparkelites but it leaves flakes after a day or two, does this one leave a residue?

I give 2 :up: :up: for Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel w/Sparkle Lites for Hard to Hold hair!! I don't get flakes from it because I con-wash daily.

so1913 said:

IMG_1585-vi.jpg

I'm going to try this gel next! :) OT:Congrats on making feature of the month! :yay:

crlsweetie912 said:
Sareca: Everyone always says bad things about brown gel so I stopped using it! I think it's the protein? Your hair is growing something good. Maybe I'll try it with the moistruizers and it won't be so bad!

Thanks for the responses ladies, keep them coming!:)

Yeah, I know. It's like saying I use Blue Magic grease. But I've tried many, many, other gels. They always end up in the trash and it's back to my brown gel. :ohwell:

ms-tyler said:
I use IC sparkelites but it leaves flakes after a day or two, does this one leave a residue?

I never have flakes, but i use a moisturizer/butter of some type under it. It can get "hard" if used heavily, but brushes out easily, no flakes.

World of Curls activator gel. A little goes a long way and it moisturises my 4b hair and keeps it very soft and manageable.

Glaze is good for smoothing and rinses out clean, no poo needed. Smoothness and shine! The results are better if my hair is damp or dry, not completely wet (unless I tie it down)

sareca said:

631011.jpg

If you like these types of gels and want a thicker one, then try Ampro Protein Gel. It is thick and has the consistency of a thick pudding.

I know it is bad...:eek:
I 've tried so many gels!!!!
The only thing that keeps my new growth in check (4 week plus) is Ampro Protein Gel. I wear protective bun styles with phony pony and with this gel I do not have to apply to much tension on my hair strands to slick down. It is only applied around the hairline area never close to the ends.. :D :D :D :D

EMJazzy said:
I give 2 :up: :up: for Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel w/Sparkle Lites for Hard to Hold hair!! I don't get flakes from it because I con-wash daily.

Is this a clear Gel. I went to pick up today and wasnt sure if I had the right thing. I put it back down. :ohwell:

KittenLongPaw said:
My favorite gel is Aura Hypoallergenic gel that I get from Sally's. A little goes a long way and it holds my hair well without making it sticky or product-y. It's also good for wearing my hair out, soft hair with no crunch.

I had this gel in my had today. But for some reason I thought you said Aubry. The lady at Sally was like....This is the only gel that starts with an A. And she gave me Aura. Darn, I could have gotten it. There is always tomorrow.

I am really looking for a gel or glaze or something that doesnt make my hair hard. I have QP Glaze but I am not totally happy with that.
Thanks for the info.

Letitia said:
I had this gel in my had today. But for some reason I thought you said Aubry. The lady at Sally was like....This is the only gel that starts with an A. And she gave me Aura. Darn, I could have gotten it. There is always tomorrow.

I am really looking for a gel or glaze or something that doesnt make my hair hard. I have QP Glaze but I am not totally happy with that.
Thanks for the info.

This gel can have more of a "hard" hold if you just put it in and don't mess with it, but any crunch is easily scrunched out.

Disclaimer: my hair lays down pretty easily, so if anyone is needing a really industrial gel, it may not work. It might though, but I've only ever used it on my own hair. I really like this gel though, since I mostly conditioner wash and it comes out easily and rinses clean.

Thanks so much Kitten Long Paw for the update!! I think I might give it a try. I noticed it didnt really have a scent either. The lady at Sally's raved about it being great for sensitive heads.

so1913 said:

IMG_1585-vi.jpg

I had to go out and get this cause my bun was looking a raggedy mess. IT WORKS! It holds, but its not hard and crusty and I have 2 months worth of new growth working! LOVE IT!:yay:

THANKS so1913

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: :Rose: :rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud: :rosebud:

Back