What's the Best Gel?

What's the Best Gel you have ever used?

• Total voters
Ever since I found LHCF and started bunning I've been using Long Aid K-7 Activator Gel and I like it. It smoothes my edges, doesn't flake and doesn't make my hair hard.

I saw several of Ateyaa's yt videos where she raved about Designer Touch Moisturizing Gel and I decided to order a jar of it. I've tried it twice now and so far the Long Aid gel beats the DT. Long Aid gel isn't greasy. The other day when I had DT gel on my edges, I put my hand on my head and came away with a greasy hand. I didn't like that. I'll try it a few more times but I think I'll be sticking with Long Aid.

Long Aid is the best curl activator gel there is. It's moisturizing, doesn't dry the hair out, doesn't cause breakage, and you don't get build-up and flakiness from it.

I don't remember what I voted on when this pole was first started back in the day; but I have an answer now! :lol:

Hairveda Whipped Gelly NO Hard Hair!
Isoplus Gel (Yellow gel) (Thanks NeewMe <---sp) No Hard Hair!
Fantasia gel is cool.

I

Back when I was using gel, I'd say Herbal Essence Body Envy or Set Me Up. I also loved Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic (light-medium hold).

For anyone who uses Long Aid Curl Activator...How do you make sure you are using the right amount?

I love using it but I am also heavy handed so my hair usually looks beautiful but is greasy and gelly (hope you know what I mean) especially because the humidity is high here it is hard to make this gel actually dry...

My number 1 gel would have to be Long Aid Curl Activating Gel. It has a nice hold, makes my hair soft, shiny, and moisturized. Even though this isn't a gel, number 2 would have to be Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Solid Ice Pomade. I find that if I use it while my hair is wet/damp it dry with a wet look with out being greasy. I also like Kinky Curly Curling Custard to hold down my edges. I use it on dry hair so that it gives me a soft yet secure hold. I do like the clear fantasia Ic gel with sparklelites but its a little hard. The green doesn't provide enough shine but has a softer hold than the clear.

Im am scared of the brown protein gel. It has always caused me to severe dandruff in the past. I cant let it touch my scalp so I couldn't use it for slicking down my edges. Using it on my hair is okay though.

Oh how could I forget about Qhemet Biologic Honeybush Tea soft Hold Gel. This is like curl activator gel with out any greasiness or buildup. Oyin's shine a define is pretty good too. Holding edges down is about the only thing I like about this products but it does it very well. I swear this along with a scarf to hold it down will give me the straightest flattest edges. My mom go happy and thought I got a relaxer when I used this.

Ever since I found LHCF and started bunning I've been using Long Aid K-7 Activator Gel and I like it. It smoothes my edges, doesn't flake and doesn't make my hair hard.

I saw several of Ateyaa's yt videos where she raved about Designer Touch Moisturizing Gel and I decided to order a jar of it. I've tried it twice now and so far the Long Aid gel beats the DT. Long Aid gel isn't greasy. The other day when I had DT gel on my edges, I put my hand on my head and came away with a greasy hand. I didn't like that. I'll try it a few more times but I think I'll be sticking with Long Aid.

Yes I bought this too(thanks ateyaa, but I'm not sure I like it:grin:) I don't think it's greasy but it's really, really thick-not sure if I like that.

I am curently enjoying fantasia IC but will be looking into the Long Aid gel next. I did not like Right On at all, ughh:nono:!

I've been settling for Let's Jam but it's way too greasy for me. I have the Thick n Shine by IC Fantasia but, I'm not sure I like it. I want something that really holds, don't flake, and don't make my hair look dull when it's dry. The LJ makes my relaxed hair wavy and the Fantasia makes it look dull. Maybe I'll try the one w/ Sparklelites.

Thanks Ladies...This was right on time, because at Lunchtime today I bought 2 fake buns so I can protect my "itty-bitty" ends for the Summer, and I was wondering what Gel I could use to smooth my hair out.

Now let's hope it stays on...........:look:

I keep seeing myself in a Meeting and the bun sliding off the back of my Head, because I don't have enough hair to keep it on. It's thick enough, but I don't know if it is long enough.:perplexed

The cheapie brown protein gels are the best for me. They always give a soft, shiny, humidity resistant all-day hold. Sometimes I have to heat it up or leave it out with the top off to make it a little thicker tho.

631011.jpg

Same here! Today I used Ecostyler and added a little bit of Gel-les'c and my curls are poppin :spinning:

I like Fantasia gel. But as far as bringing out curls in natural hair, I have come to love Long Aid Activator gel. Currently, that is all I am using after CW's or a spray bottle of water with the gel in a low puff. Creates nice waves and real really brings out my curls. The curls aren't crunchy and the curls are definedafter they have dried. Also, it has a high amount of glycerin which I find to be good on my hair.

I've used several gels over the years...the best for me are Proclaim Aloe Styling Gel, Smooth 'N Shine Gellation, and Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel (a little sticky though). The Proclaim Aloe is my new-found best friend. Doesn't flake, gives a hint of shine and is good for my hair.

I swear by Long Aid Curl Activator Gel with the green label as my overall gel. It is so moisturizing (lots of glycerin) and does not get hard. It also has Aloe in it, which is a plus for me.

Back