What’s In Your Hair Growth Arsenal?

ilong

God's Own
I’m trying to get back on my “hair game” for accelerated growth by the end of September for a personal challenge with a friend. As I was preparing for the challenge it occurred to me there are tools and methodologies I look to when I’m seeking a “growth spurt”. It reminds me of assembling an arsenal (a collection of weapons and military equipment stored by a country, person, or group.)

I started wondering what weapons and equipment others use, “**outside of normal hair care maintenance **”, to promote accelerated growth. What’s in your Hair Growth Arsenal?

********************​
**Normal Hair Care Maintenance: LOC/LCO, Shampoo, Condition, Deep Condition, Protein treatment, Protective styling, reduced heat, trims, etc.
********************​
This is not a challenge but it would be great if you add what results you expect to get or achieve.

Last edited:

My Hair Growth Arsenal:

Dedicated consumption of Supplements (HSN, Silica, Biotin, Vitamin B, Collagen, Spirulina, Chlorella, MSM, Vitamin C)

Dedicated consumption of Protein Shakes

Increased water consumption

Dedicated application of Hair Oil Mix (Castor, coconut, rice bran, rosemary, cedarwood, thyme, Eucalyptus )

Dedicated application of Folligen and Emu Oil

Weekly LLLT treatment (professional and at home)

Monthly PRP treatments

Results Expected: (in order of priority)
  1. Increased hair growth/thickness
  2. Longer/Stronger Nails
  3. Smooth/Soft Skin
  4. Reduced joint pain

Edited 7/23/15 with changes in red (see post #41 for details)

Last edited:
Nutrition wise:
MSM
Spirulina/chlorella mix
Irish Moss
Mineral Rich with aloe

Topically:
LOC method
Rice bran oil
Wet bunning
Spritzing w/Aloe juice
Weekly DCing with heat
Queen Helene DC alternating with LeKair cholesterol dc
Inversion method

Vitamins:
Phytophanere
Phytospecific Cap Energy
Biotin 10,000 mcg.
Silica
Nature's Bounty Gummies

Growth Aides:
Sweet Eddie By Nature's Products w/MSM
Claudie Revitalizer
Liquid Gold's Green Magic and LG's Sulfur Oil
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
The Pomade Shop's Coffee Pomade *a tiny corner*
KeraVada's Coffee Oil
Mega-Tek (Original Formula)
Siamese Twists Invigorating Pomade

Last edited:
@IDareT'sHair - I checked out the Claudies Revitalizer site. Very impressive before/after pics. Seems like I recall seeing some of them here on LHCF.

Thanks for your post you reminded me that I still have some (original formula) Mega Tek left as well. May have to add it to the arsenal shortly.

@ilong

Claudie is always good for a consultation to discuss growth and specific problems as it relates to growth stimulation and will 'adjust' ingredients to meet your hair needs/concerns.

Sweet Nature By Eddie (one of my newest vendors) is also good for Hair Growth issue convo's.

Last edited:
Biotin
Safe protective styling (done by me now)
Nairobi Hair Recovery
JBCO
Minoval

I do not use these products all at one time.

I really am on a 12in in 12 months challenge or at least close to, so I've been protective styling with braid extensions for retention, moisturizing every other day, and using hard protein when I remove my braids for strength. I am also on a heavy supplement regimen. My goal is not only length, but increased thickness. I started this on early April and the only days I've missed have been the last 3 days due to my graduation.

10,000mcg Biotin
6,000 mg Collagen
6,000 mg MSM
1,000 mg Vitamin C
2 Calcium +VitaminD
Hairsentials supplements

I use Njoy Growth Oil on my scalp every other day. So far so good, my edges have gotten thicker and fuller. My hair responds well to sulfur based growth aids and it's nice to find one that smells nice and works well.

I plan on switching up at least one part of my vitamin regimen every 2-3 months so my body doesn't get too used to the same thing. I have a three month supply of Hairsentials, then I will start 2 months of Gold Crush Hair vitamins, then I will do 4 months of a Super B Complex, Bamboo Extract, and L-Cysteine.

@cynd - below is a couple of threads on it. I actually have 2 devices - one is very old, very large and is just the rake; the other one is a home set like the one in the picture.
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/electric-hair-rake-for-quick-growth-results.4487/page-2#post-220687
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/high-frequency-scalp-treatments.346577/#post-7306481

Here is some info on them:
High Frequency Facial Devices and Machines
What can high frequency do for my skin?
  • Clear existing acne and prevent breakouts
  • Soften appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Improve skin texture and even out skin tone
  • Shrink the size of enlarged pores
  • Reduce areas of puffiness
  • Exfoliate away dead skin cells and debris
  • Promote healthier hair growth
What is "high frequency"?

During the high frequency facial, gentle currents of low-level electricity infuse the skin with purifying and rejuvenating oxygen molecules. This encourages cellular repair, elevates collagen and elastin and cleanses away impurities. The hand-picked portable high frequency facial systems featured above offer an affordable alternative to costly spa and salon treatments and allow for the privacy and convenience of home treatment.

(Copied from http://www.jellenproducts.com/high-frequency/)

Attachments

• High Frequency Device.jpg
    High Frequency Device.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 16
Didn't mention:
Tea and Black Coffee Rinses (a variety of Teas like Horsetail, Nettle, Burdock Root, Marshmallow Root, Rosemary etc....)

@cynd - below is a couple of threads on it. I actually have 2 devices - one is very old, very large and is just the rake; the other one is a home set like the one in the picture.

Thanks @ilong. This sounds like the treatment a former stylist wanted me to get when she first noticed I was thinning on top. Have you seen measurable results using it?

Thanks @ilong. This sounds like the treatment a former stylist wanted me to get when she first noticed I was thinning on top. Have you seen measurable results using it?
@cynd - TBH like most of us - I haven't been consistent and with everything else we do for growth I don't know if I could say the rake was responsible and I am quite sure my hair follicles are dead - if you are just thinning and still have active follicles your results would be quite different than mine.

@cynd - TBH like most of us - I haven't been consistent and with everything else we do for growth I don't know if I could say the rake was responsible and I am quite sure my hair follicles are dead - if you are just thinning and still have active follicles your results would be quite different than mine.

@ilong, aside from having a bald/thinning spot, how do you know if your follicles are dead?

@ilong, aside from having a bald/thinning spot, how do you know if your follicles are dead?
@cynd - Speculation and gut feeling. I didn't have a biopsy but I did go see a dermatologist and she felt the hair won't grow back. . Although I don't put any value or confidence in her 1.25 minute examination and diagnosis. She s yet another example of why I feel "doctors today are totally useless". I still treat the areas - as if the follicles are still alive and able to produce.

@cynd - Speculation and gut feeling. I didn't have a biopsy but I did go see a dermatologist and she felt the hair won't grow back. . Although I don't put any value or confidence in her 1.25 minute examination and diagnosis. She s yet another example of why I feel "doctors today are totally useless". I still treat the areas - as if the follicles are still alive and able to produce.
So many doctors can be absolutely useless. They say your hair can't grow back without even trying any remedies. The best doctors I've gone to offer solutions to seemingly impossibles. I've seen so many woman grow back hair when doctors said no. I just think its laziness on their parts.

So many doctors can be absolutely useless. They say your hair can't grow back without even trying any remedies. The best doctors I've gone to offer solutions to seemingly impossibles. I've seen so many woman grow back hair when doctors said no. I just think its laziness on their parts.

@julzinha - EXACTLY! She offered no treatment, remedy, etc. She walked in introduced herself, said she remembered me - I was the woman who got in a fight :eek: NOT!!!! :kick:. Never saw this woman before in my life and I certainly was not in a fight!! Anyway - she put on exam gloves moved my hair over to see the areas. Pulled off her gloves and told me the hair won't grow back.
Oh my bad - she did suggest her idea of a treatment - a hair transplant!!!! More money for another USELESS doctor!! Said good-bye and moved to the next paying victim!:barf:

to

@ilong
I totally get you re some doctors these days. I almost feel like I need to know what's wrong with me before I go to them or they won't find it. Have you ever tried a little eucalyptus oil (straight no chaser) on your bald spots? It could be a coincidence, but I swear I never saw any improvement on my bald spot which was starting to get wider until I started dabbing eucalyptus oil on it. A couple of weeks later and I could tell something was happening. I now use it mixed in my oil blend of JBCO and peppermint oil.

Last edited:
@julzinha - EXACTLY! She offered no treatment, remedy, etc. She walked in introduced herself, said she remembered me - I was the woman who got in a fight :eek: NOT!!!! :kick:. Never saw this woman before in my life and I certainly was not in a fight!! Anyway - she put on exam gloves moved my hair over to see the areas. Pulled off her gloves and told me the hair won't grow back.
Oh my bad - she did suggest her idea of a treatment - a hair transplant!!!! More money for another USELESS doctor!! Said good-bye and moved to the next paying victim!:barf:
Don't listen to her!! Try different things I use Njoy Oil and add more Rosemary, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus Oil. I've seen a mix of Monistat, sublimed sulfur, JBCO, and a blend of essential oils work for some. Dermarolling has helped some ppl. Also, try a different doctor. You don't know how many times I've done my own research and gone to the doctor just to ask for a prescription I needed.

to

@ilong
I totally get you re some doctors these days. I almost feel like I need to know what's wrong with me before I go to them or they won't find it. Have you ever tried a little eucalyptus oil (straight no chaser) on your bald spots? It could be a coincidence, but I swear I never saw any improvement on my bald spot which was starting to get wider until I started dabbing eucalyptus oil on it. A couple of weeks later and I could tell something was happening. I now use it mixed in my oil blend of JBCO and peppermint oil.
@cynd - yes. I search the internet for what others do for self healing. I have more confidence in this system (internet research) than the western medicinal systems. Thank you for the recommendation on the Eucalyptus oil. Upon reading your and @julzinha post I went right to my pantry, pulled out my eucalyptus oil and applied it straight up. I will add it to my Hair oil mix also - not sure why I missed adding it to these last oil concoctions. I am focusing extremely hard on being consistent with deploying my "arsenal".
I put a small basket containing all of my evening arsenal (hair oil mixes, moisturizer, water, supplements, etc.) on my nightstand, so I will see and use them. (I added the eucalyptus oil to my "night" basket) I won't be able to use "don't feel like getting back up to use them" as an excuse. I placed a hand towel under each of my bed pillows.

:heart: Thank you!

Last edited:
@julzinha - trust me I didn't pay that doctor "no mind". :yawn:

:rose: Thank you for your share - I actually have EVERYTHING you mentioned. :yep: A mix of Monistat, rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, rice bran, JBCO, & peppermint is in a little jar in my night basket. A jar of hair moisturizer is doctored up with same oils. I have a bottle of NJOY Sulfur oil I plan to doctor up this weekend, when I dig out my sublime sulfur powder. But based on you and @cynd recommendation I will add Eucalyptus oil to all of my concoctions.

Thank you @julzinha and @cynd .:urock:

@ilong

I honestly beweave you'll get things back on track.

Just stay consistent. It may help to write out a strategy and keep a little journal of what you're using.

Be Patient and give it time. I think you'll be able to correct your problem area(s).

OT:

A girl at work's sister remarkably regrew her hair using Men's Rogaine 5% (generic). She had some great before & afters of her sister's hair.

Bald Spots and everything had completely filled in. Her hair was about 1 inch and balding in large spots all throughout.

I've never seen anything like it. Now the girl has a Chin-Length Bob.

Back