What Would You Do If You Met An Amazing Man Who Loves You And Treats U Like A Princess But Is Broke

What tough spot are you talking about again? Say NO to broke men, girl.
Girl I'm seriously torn. Really. I'm trying not to hurt anyone, but damn. I'm too independent. He wants to take care of me, but I'm not used to that. I was raised differently... my mom taught me at a young age not to accept things from men. Now I'm about to miss out on a dream. A ****ing dream guy!! I'm just not that into him. I wish I was.

What tough spot are you talking about again? Say NO to broke men, girl.

Hell I'm broke, so hes my equal :rofl:

I mean, there is another extremely wealthy successful guy that adores me, but the broke dude steps up and gives me what I've been missing: time, support, encouragement, etc. I'm in a tough spot though, since wealthy guy wants me to himself :pullhair:

Right? But this isn't computing for me. Looks like an easy decision to me......:scratchchin:
#securethebag

ETA: I just saw you aren't attracted to the rich guy. Oh well....on to the next!

Girl I'm seriously torn. Really. I'm trying not to hurt anyone, but damn. I'm too independent. He wants to take care of me, but I'm not used to that. I was raised differently... my mom taught me at a young age not to accept things from men. Now I'm about to miss out on a dream. A ****ing dream guy!! I'm just not that into him. I wish I was.

If you're genuinely not into him, that's fine. Go for separate ways. But don't settle for mr. Broke either. Find a financially stable man that you are into.

I was raised differently too, but I learned. Don't settle for a broke man. Financial struggle ages you, makes you unhappy, makes you feel unsafe, makes you physically sick.

If you don't want to give this rich guy a chance cause you're not into him, OK, but don't settle for a broke man. BTW, masculine men that love you and care about you want to take care of you, make your life easier, more comfortable, they want you to be happy. There's nothing wrong with being receptive and feminine.

My dad raised me this way too, but he was wrong.

Right? But this isn't computing for me. Looks like an easy decision to me......:scratchchin:
#securethebag

ETA: I just saw you aren't attracted to the rich guy. Oh well....on to the next!
I am. I was crushing on him hard. But I just don't like him as much as the broke college kid. He works hard and he has potential if that matters lol

I am. I was crushing on him hard. But I just don't like him as much as the broke college kid. He works hard and he has potential if that matters lol
If you are attracted to him (The rich guy, obviously), but are relaxed about it (not losing your mind about him), that is just perfect. Keep him in your roster. Let him compete, you are the prize.

Sounds like you got him where you want him. :clap: Keep doing you!

How exactly would a broke person be able to treat me like a princess?

Take me out to lovely places? Pay for vacations? Do everything around the house?

If he's broke, that means I'm the one paying for all that so I'm paying to be treated like a princess?

Massage my sore shoulders? I'd rather you get a job.
Rub my feet? I'd rather you get a job.
Fix my car? You can get a job at an auto garage then so you don't need to be broke.
Fix the blocked pipes? So you know how to be a plumber then? Get a doggone job, ok
Right! Ain’t nobody trying to be Princess Tiana sing “Almost There”! And she was really working with a brotha! Turned her into a frog with his wack promise, lied about having money, had her trying to survive in the swamp, cooking gumbo, almost got snatched up by the Vodou Man..
Nah.. go get a job..

If we were in our 20s on equal footing and he was the goal driven ambitious I’d go for it cause those don’t stay broke in the long run....but in my 40’s now being realistic about what I’d expect in a relationship I’d say no ma’am

If we were in our 20s on equal footing and he was the goal driven ambitious I’d go for it cause those don’t stay broke in the long run....but in my 40’s now being realistic about what I’d expect in a relationship I’d say no ma’am
How to tell the difference though?

How to tell the difference though?

Assuming this is someone in his 20’s...what’s his life plan for himself? Does he have a clear concrete vision of what he wants to achieve and what he wants to experience in life? What kind do presence and role model was his father? Is he content with his current broke status or is he looking to improve his skill set to make more?

Back