WHAT? White Girl Flow????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is and regardless of what is discussed on the various hairboards, natural hair = bad in the real world.

Heck, even some ladies on these very same hair boards can't stand it and "we'd" like to think of ourselves as "informed", right? :ohwell:

It is what it is and regardless of what is discussed on the various hairboards, natural hair = bad in the real world.

Heck, even some ladies on these very same hair boards can't stand it and "we'd" like to think of ourselves as "informed", right? :ohwell:

True.................. It is shocking- nevertheless.

Marcus Garvey was sooooo right - Remove the kinks from your Brain!!!!!!

White girl flow="swang" which is what a good chunk of ppl on this board want and worship Ateyaa for having...

At least the girl was honest about it.

^^^ I really thought the girl was going to say "good hair" is all hair...................

Even her Broke guest had a weave, and was swinging it.

Saddening....

White girl flow="swang" which is what a good chunk of ppl on this board want and worship Ateyaa for having...

You have some serious issues. Nobody worships anyone here on this board. We ADMIRE people with healthy, beautiful hair. You always have to say something in a better than thou, negative tone.

In the same way that they sound dumb talking about "good hair" you sound arrogant stating that others "worship" someones hair.

These ladies need a lots and lots of prayers and laying on hands, so that the demons of low esteem can leave them!

Tyra, sit down and drink some water, cancel your show, and just fade away into a happy retirement, okay? That show isn't doing anyone any good when people like her are on there talking about stupid stuff like this

Thanks

You have some serious issues. Nobody worships anyone here on this board. We ADMIRE people with healthy, beautiful hair. You always have to say something in a better than thou, negative tone.

In the same way that they sound dumb talking about "good hair" you sound arrogant stating that others "worship" someones hair.

I think this comment is a bit harsh. I don't think msa meant worship literally. She just meant that there are a majority of people here who straighten their hair using certain techniques to acheive this "swang" look. I agree with this too. Doesn't mean you are trying to be white.

Personally I appreciate msa's objective posts. Get's straight to the point, no fluff.

OK.... put the Keyboard down...this is not about a debate.
:drunk::drunk::drunk:
This is about self esteem.

There are people here who love swingin' hair. That is a FACT.

Heck - I love Swingin' Hair!!!!!:yep:

I just think the term 'white girl flow' -diminishes who WE are!!!!!!

It is rude to be accusatory.... Let's not start a war... it is a discussion.

That girl will never EVER pass for white. At the end of the day, she is a black woman - with all of the same issues and challenges that all of us face. She - is delusional to think otherwise.
She also has a STANDING appointment with her stylist :look:

Last edited:

I agree with Keysha. 'Nuf said.

Off to search for that ignore some folks function ...

I hate swang! I love to use as much product as possible so not even one strand moves when the wind blows. LOL - plus hard hair is sexy to Bikers :) It's like you already have your helmet on.

Not to sound cynical, but this is like the only time I've seen Tyra's hair in cornrows (and I think she added hair anyways), so I'm not too sure I understand why she is trying to act like she's never hear of the "white girl flow." Not that I'm against weave...I have had micros myself. But I do think it's hypocritical that she is pretending to be proud of her "natural" hair when she ALWAYS has a weave, and only doesn't have one on the one coincidental day her show is about black hair

That comment didnt even bother me either. As much as we've heard this term around this board and do whatever it takes to have that "swang".

Telling each other on here not to put too much oil and product in your hair so that it doesnt look weighed down and will SWANG.

We suddenly acting like that was not our objective after joining this board.:rolleyes:

Not to sound cynical, but this is like the only time I've seen Tyra's hair in cornrows (and I think she added hair anyways), so I'm not too sure I understand why she is trying to act like she's never hear of the "white girl flow." Not that I'm against weave...I have had micros myself. But I do think it's hypocritical that she is pretending to be proud of her "natural" hair when she ALWAYS has a weave, and only doesn't have one on the one coincidental day her show is about black hair

agreed. I would be more apt to think Tyra is not 'making a statement" like

"see - I am ok with my hair"
NOT!!!! she is NOT!!!! And - people have followed this trend. I am not down on it - I am saying that she - beyonce and others have contributed to this sense that we MUST look a certain way. We MUST wear hair in a certain form.... yada yada......

She wears wigs DAILY on that show.

Ridiculous....

I want my hair to look and feel like it has movement. I'm sure a lot of us aspire to the same thing.

Gee it didn't take long for it to get lively in here! :lol:

ETA: I think re the girl on the tape, some people may be peeved not necessarily by the statement, but by the way she said it; in an arrogant manner.

Last edited:
That comment didnt even bother me either. As much as we've heard this term around this board and do whatever it takes to have that "swang".

Telling each other on here not to put too much oil and product in your hair so that it doesnt look weighed down and will SWANG.

We suddenly acting like that was not our objective after joining this board.:rolleyes:

Right.... now it is an issue because MSA said something.

Good lord.:rolleyes:

OK - I will be nice.

I can't say that I'm shocked by the comment either. Remember tales of the white sheet fantasy that Whoppi made famous. Throwing a white sheet over your head and swinging it while imagining you were a straight haired blond. It's just embarrassing to hear it spewed out to the general public.

This is the first board where I heard the term "swang" and I interpreted it as meaning hair that moves easily. You shake your head and it moves, just like that girl did. To have swang the hair must be pretty straight either through heat or chemicals. Swang and WGF seem pretty comparable terms to me.

Last edited:
Maybe I am one of the very few that could care less about the "white girl swang" comment. I just don't get bent out of shape about certain somewhat race comments. And truth be told, not all white girls have that swang. Their hair can be greasy and packed down with gel and mousse that the wind from a tornado couldn't move it. I wish people wouldn't be so sensitive about certain things that is said about hair whether it be relaxed, natural, white, black, mixed whatever. You should know who you are and what you stand for so deragatory comments should roll off your back.

the only ignorant thing about the comment is that the "flow" is only attributed to white girls; what about me damnit? respect my swing. i get that maxiglide flow when i straighten my hair *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back