what was your worst product experience?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Lecaste said:
It's a tie between the Breakthru conditioner, which left my hair feeling rough and very tangled and Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo, which did the same thing. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lecaste

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Jesus! That reminds me...Breakthru creme of some sort that you smooth over dry/wet hair...uh-huh, gave me the BIGGEST rash on my neck ever and made me feel like a greasy crack addict. Awful..Nice visual, huh?

Motions CPR made my hair literally like straw. When it would break, it was so scary to see sticks of hair. I am just glad I realized it was Motions before I lost all of my hair.

Brownrelaxedhair,

We both hated Motions and love L'Anza. Our hair must have a similar chemistry. However, I am a 4b.

Sassygirl, believe it or not, in the book Back to Eden, Indian Hemp was recommended (along with sage, nettle, rosemary and marshmallow) as one of the best herbs available for healthy hair.....I'm still chucklin' 'bout the sheep fat, tho! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

in reply to
Dogbane is the country word for indian hemp. I have absolutely no idea how my grandmother got her hands on indian hemp and sheep fat! I'll let that remain a mystery! But she used to cook this stuff in her backyard in a big kettle over a fire like the ones in the hillbilly movies. She also made soap and washed clothes in this pot. Even after her kids bought her a washer and dryer! It was embarrassing! But she had long hair so everyone wanted some. She should have sold it and made some $$$, but she just gave it away.

Oh my goodness -- when I was 16, I remember dyeing my hair ULTRA BLUE (hey I wanted to have a blonde afro...), then after I discovered that "not all blondes had more fun", I tried to re-dye my hair brown. Well instead my hair TURNED GREEN!! I had to wear a wig for 6 weeks until I could get rid of the green!!

The NEXT bad experience was at JC Penneys Hair Salon 5 years ago, the stylist put some SUPER relaxer (the name escapes me right now but when I remember I'll edit this post) on my baby-fine hair &amp; I had to get ALL my hair cut off &amp; wear a weave. GEESH!

Suave Tropical coconut .... i kept trying it Over and OVER again, i even mixed olive oil into it, coconut oil the next time, BOTh and NOTHING. My hair was matted and tangled everytime. I just had to accept the fact its doesn't work.

L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Hot Oil

Mine is L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Treatment. Today was the first day that I tried it alone but it sucked. I have mixed it once or twice with other conditioners but have never used it alone.

I relaxed my hair 5 weeks approximately but I didn't expect that to be a problem. The first probelm was that I couldn't see it in my hair like you can see conditioner so I had to keep applying just to be in the safe side. The bottle says to leave in for 1-minute, 5 for deep conditioning and Marvins said 15 minutes. Well, I left it in for three hours with a shower cap on my head.

Granted, I left it on way longer than I had intended to and the manufacturer had intended me to but that doesn't excuse the crappiness in my opinion. I decided to Elucence MB as a rinse out (I usually use it as a leave in only) but that didn't help. And I probably compounded the problem by trying different conditioners to do undo how nasty my hair felt but that still makes me think the product is not for me. Moisturefuse made a slight dent but I could tell t was time to give up. If it weren't crappy in the first place, I wouldn't have to be doing all that work. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I could have washed over with CON to start all over (that has ALWAYS made things better for me) but I decided to give my hair a rest and hope that it would still come out.

When I got out of the shower, my hair was difficult to detangle and so I decided not to rollerset it. I'm letting my hair dry airdry with some curl activator and EQP Mango Butter.

Tomorrow is a new day.......... /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

I don't know if that was the worst...but it just happened so I put it under this thread. I don't think I'll be trying this product again alone. My hair is a HOT mess right now.

Re: L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Hot Oil

bump
Hi Beana
wave.gif

Re: L\'Oreal Nature\'s Therapy Hot Oil

I bought a sample bottle of this stuff for a dollar at the BSS store last week. I used it yesterday as a preshampoo treatment. I mixed it with EVOO and Aveda Beautifying Oil. It worked fine, but that may have been because I mixed it with the other stuff. I do have to say that when I heated everything together, the L'Oreal made the mixture look "clumpy" I just overlooked that and put it in my hair anyway!! (I know the Loreal caused it becuz I've used the EVOO mixed w/Aveda before and that didn't happen).

I wouldn't buy it again.

[ QUOTE ]
The Aveda Cherry Almond Bark conditioner. Why? It did absolutely nothing for my hair..talk about hard to comb out tangles...real understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, I got tangles galore and my hair felt so dry.. I still have the Aveda brilliant conditioner left, I might try it with my first conditioner wash this week...
cool.gif

Absolute worst: Finesse shampoo for dry hair. I had a horrible scalp reaction. Just extremely harsh for my scalp. I think it was the combo of detergents in the product which got to me. Redness, extreme itchiness, but thankfully no lost hair.

Two runner-ups: Aveda Curessence and Cherry Almond Bark conditioners. First, left my hair like sludge, the second, really rather dry and overall DID NOTHING.

I also have to agree with Elyse...that Queen Helene Cholesterol SUCKS BIG TIME! Like putting sludge on your hair.

~Jade~

did i mention i hated Keracare Humecto??? I'm so upset it did not work for me
frown.gif
My hair was hard and i lost a lot of it that wash.. never again.

[ QUOTE ]
did i mention i hated Keracare Humecto??? I'm so upset it did not work for me
frown.gif
My hair was hard and i lost a lot of it that wash.. never again.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL It's ok Beana. It'll be just fine. I felt the same about LUST (although with my pj self, I want to give it a second chance) BTW, I don't understand how a hot oil treatment can have water as the first ingredient. Loreal's h/o does.

jazzy, sevreal of the queene helene hot oils contain water as the firast ingredien also... leave it up to major companies to find a way to use anything for everything.

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to agree with Elyse...that Queen Helene Cholesterol SUCKS BIG TIME! Like putting sludge on your hair.~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

UH OH... Where is Daviine?? She is going to
hammer.gif
you for that comment!! You too, Elyse!!
laugh.gif

I saw this product called Straight Effects (Lustrasilk I think) in Target and had to try it. Supposedly, it straightened hair w/o "chemicals" and was for between touch ups. The before and after photos were convincing. Well, all that stuff did when I sprayed it on was make my hair crispy. You're supposed to blow dry after, and that's no good anyway. I had to rewash. What a waste.

hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif
hammer.gif

Here I am!!!! Yes--I saw those comments about the sludgy QH Cholesterol. Yesterday I was too tired so I didn;t have energy to clobber anyone. I'm here but I'll just clobber you guys a few times since QH Cholesterol is no longer my favorite--it's just one of my favorites......

I'm sure I don't have to actually tell you guys what my fave conditioner is.......
grin.gif

Re: what was worst product experience? (Infusium)

Elyse-I hadn't used this product for years (because my stylist didn't like Infusium) until I tried something Mahalialee posted about that really worked like a charm for me in detangling the hair -- after putting on my leave-in conditioner, use a little olive oil and spray on some Infusium and gee my combouts have become virtually breakage free.

Re: what was worst product experience? (Strait ***

Melodee when I saw this post I had to go to my dead product bone-yard to verify that this was the same product and yup it is Lustrasilk Straight Effects and I totally agree the product sucks &amp; did nothing but make my hair feel like straw LOL
laugh.gif

I would have to say it was the Opmtimum Mild perm. Thank God I did a strand test first!! I cut out a little hair for testing. Needless to say, after rinsing, it was dry and crispy with NO elasticity whatsoever! Needless to say, the product went in File #13 and I became convinced that one should *never* do any chemical work without a strand test.

The worst conditioner I've ever used was Aussie's 3 minute miracle. This crap left my hair so rough and brittle. I could hardly get a wide tooth comb through my hair. I have natural hair, combination of 3c and 4a. This is the first conditioner that has ever made my hair feel this way. Usually my hair reacts well to most products.

Wow, that's weird. I have Aussie 3 minute miracle and I like it a lot!! It's a protein though, so I always use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. If you still have the bottle, you should try it that way!!

[ QUOTE ]
that was clever of you, mufasa. and a great lesson for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks - I think it is the reason why I have not done anything with my hair yet for a while - but - hopefully, something good will happen soon
laugh.gif

Lindly, you have a point. I've never used a moisturizing treatment afterward. I'll try it again and see what happens.

Back