What stupid/silly things have you done for your hair lately?

I've found myself doing some pretty funny things ever since getting hooked on the LHCF, like:

1. Running to join my uncle and his kids on their way to CVS just to sneak some biotin into their baskets and have him cover it for me.

2. Nosily digging around my APL-hair grandma's place to find potentially useful products that she might not want/need anymore.

3. Plucking a leaf of a cactus and getting pricked by tens of their tiny, undetectable needles :wallbash: just because I passed it on the street the same moment my cousin was telling me about her new hair product w/ cactus in it. (LOL) Then I held onto it until I finally got home (pricklies and all) just to slice it up, put some on my scalp, and see if I'd grow an inch that night!

Can anyone relate??

flat ironed my hair with coconut oil...lol. burned it right on out. my hair is BSL but i have about 1/2 inch of hair in the back corner behind my ear where i burned it off. so i can hide it but how stupid of me.

I removed a 4-week old set of braids, washed and deep conditioned my hair, and then relaxed it 2 days later. :look: I was about 9 weeks post touchup at that point. I did not know what to do. I am starting a new job on Monday and the way my hair was looking after removing the braids - :nono:

Anyway, the relaxer "took" faster than I am used to and it got too straight in the back. I hope I did not overprocess. :perplexed:ohwell:

My hair seems to be fine, but you know how that is. What can seem fine, may come back to haunt you later.

I am not sure if I should get braids again now. I just cannot handle my NG for 2 weeks between braids and I don't want to get back to back braids.

After this, if I didnot totally ruin my hair, I may have to stop getting braids - or learn to deal with my hair between each set.

Whew - it feels good to confess and get that off my chest. LOL

llllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaooooooooooooo ur crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol

I've found myself doing some pretty funny things ever since getting hooked on the LHCF, like:

1. Running to join my uncle and his kids on their way to CVS just to sneak some biotin into their baskets and have him cover it for me.

2. Nosily digging around my APL-hair grandma's place to find potentially useful products that she might not want/need anymore.

3. Plucking a leaf of a cactus and getting pricked by tens of their tiny, undetectable needles :wallbash: just because I passed it on the street the same moment my cousin was telling me about her new hair product w/ cactus in it. (LOL) Then I held onto it until I finally got home (pricklies and all) just to slice it up, put some on my scalp, and see if I'd grow an inch that night!

Can anyone relate??

flat ironed my hair with coconut oil...lol. burned it right on out. my hair is BSL but i have about 1/2 inch of hair in the back corner behind my ear where i burned it off. so i can hide it but how stupid of me.

Oh no!
I remember my friend asked me to put some tracks in for her and smooth out with rest w/ a hot comb. She was like "put some coconut oil over it for protection." I was like "Um, okay!" lol It didn't burn too bad, but I'm sorry that happened to you!

I removed a 4-week old set of braids, washed and deep conditioned my hair, and then relaxed it 2 days later. :look: I was about 9 weeks post touchup at that point. I did not know what to do. I am starting a new job on Monday and the way my hair was looking after removing the braids - :nono:

Anyway, the relaxer "took" faster than I am used to and it got too straight in the back. I hope I did not overprocess. :perplexed:ohwell:

My hair seems to be fine, but you know how that is. What can seem fine, may come back to haunt you later.

I am not sure if I should get braids again now. I just cannot handle my NG for 2 weeks between braids and I don't want to get back to back braids.

After this, if I didnot totally ruin my hair, I may have to stop getting braids - or learn to deal with my hair between each set.

Whew - it feels good to confess and get that off my chest. LOL

I know just how you feel. In high school, if something important was coming up I'd feel pressure to relax-- even if it would end up overprocessed. :ohwell:

Have you considered flat ironing the new growth following Ateyaaa's techniques on Youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUmztQEPWA

The other day I DC'd with a protein and a moisturizing conditioner. One on top of the other, because I couldn't decide what my hair needed...so why not both :drunk: :lachen:

I used permanent color on my hair last night and my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair, even though I didnt color my roots till after I colored the rest of my hair. And....I am going to put a cellophane on the bright roots tonite like a dummy. I am just telling yaul in advance. Kill myself. lol

I just realised I have curls that can be defined and I went overboard and bought so many curl defining cream that I really dont need

Back