What should you not do as a GF that should be saved for marriage?

I don't think that there is a universal answer to that question. Everyone should and does have their own personal boundaries for each realationship level.

A man is going to marry who he wants. What matters is not giving up more of yourself than you think he deserves given the level of comittment he's offering you ( fwb vs. Dating vs serious relationship vs hubby)

It's not about his reaction to your actions but how you feel about yourself.

I don't think that there is a universal answer to that question. Everyone should and does have their own personal boundaries for each realationship level. A man is going to marry who he wants. What matters is not giving up more of yourself than you think he deserves given the level of comittment he's offering you ( fwb vs. Dating vs serious relationship vs hubby) It's not about his reaction to your actions but how you feel about yourself.

This post is so spot on. Thank you!

No shopping for presents for his family.....let him do it himself.

Agreed. Also, remembering important dates that pertain to HIS family. For example, a few months ago before we were married DH said to me, "Remind me to call my Mom on Sunday, it's her birthday."

Um, NO. Do you see me asking you to remind ME to call people on their birthdays, let alone my own mother?!:lachen: Please believe that day came and went and I never reminded him but somehow he miraculously remembered to call his Mom to wish her a happy birthday just like he had done for umpteen years before he ever met me.

I swear, it's like some men think that once they get married or have a steady woman that gives them some kind of license to not think or have to not remember things. And then they wonder why 10 years later they are treated like a child and their wife doesn't respect them. I'm not even STARTING that mess with DH. The only people I will be mothering are my(future) children.

Agreed. Also, remembering important dates that pertain to HIS family. For example, a few months ago before we were married DH said to me, "Remind me to call my Mom on Sunday, it's her birthday."

Um, NO. Do you see me asking you to remind ME to call people on their birthdays, let alone my own mother?!:lachen: Please believe that day came and went and I never reminded him but somehow he miraculously remembered to call his Mom to wish her a happy birthday just like he had done for umpteen years before he ever met me.

I swear, it's like some men think that once they get married or have a steady woman that gives them some kind of license to not think or have to not remember things. And then they wonder why 10 years later they are treated like a child and their wife doesn't respect them. I'm not even STARTING that mess with DH. The only people I will be mothering are my(future) children.

Doesn't pertain to this topic but
My husband (18 years relationship in total) still does that and it makes me sooooo maaadddd. His late father used to be on MY case because I sometimes forgot his birthday.

I recently visited my home country and learned of a few things my MIL has said about me (:perplexed) and I was and still am very pissed off because I am the one who reminds him incessantly to call her, to give her more money, remind him her birthday, inquire about her health, I buy clothes for her, give her some of my clothes,etc. I know he loves her but he is not an attentive son. Well, after what I heard she said, no more. He is on his own. (lies, I'll still take care of her, but not like I used to)

So you can test his skills in bed, but he's not allowed to evaluate your domestic skills before marriage? Oh ok, :look:.

And I need to know money and debt issues before we even think about engagement so I don't mond sharing mine.

Whatever works for the two of you. A one-size-fits-all prescription is pointless where there are different personalities involved.

For me personally, any type of financial assistance, mixing bank accounts, names on mortgages, loans etc... assistance with getting on his feet, financial assistance with getting through school etc... If its a long distance situation, paying his way to come see me... Domestic duties, cleaning, laundry etc... ALL ARE NO NO's. There a certain things a grown man needs to be able to do for himself.

To each his own though:look:

always thought this was obvious

As long as I've been on here, it seems to me that a lot of women seem to think sex is just about the man. Like God forbid you actually have sex because YOU want to or YOU enjoy it.

I wish I would color by myself when I have regular access to a crayon. :look:

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Last edited:
So you can test his skills in bed, but he's not allowed to evaluate your domestic skills before marriage? Oh ok, :look:.

Never been asked after the bedroom lol.

But its easy to see that I have good domestic skills by my clean house and the fact that I cook daily. No testing required in that department

Never been asked after the bedroom lol.

But its easy to see that I have good domestic skills by my clean house and the fact that I cook daily. No testing required in that department

For real you can look at someones clothes and see if they have domestic skills

shoot you cant look at a mans nothing and tell if he has coloring skills ...but sometimes the way the stand is a good indication :look::look:

let me take my nasty behind out his thread all im thinking about now is crayons

Back